Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Twenty-Five: Jace

The night came to an end, and I was currently having a drink with Jarrek. Liam was currently talking with Wes by the booth and both were snickering at something. I smiled, enjoying the fact that my best friend and my boyfriend were both enjoying each other's company.

I glanced down at my drink -- which was nearly gone -- when Jarrek tapped my hand and motioned me to follow him into the back. Downing the rest of my drink, I stood up and walked around the bar, following him into the back room of the place.

"You in here?" he asked, rapping his knuckles three times on the door.

"Of course I am. Who's your friend?" I heard a voice reply. The blood in my veins froze, and I closed my eyes in a frightened haste. "Shit! I told you not to bring him back until I was ready!" The only word that ran through my head was ... Zeth.

"He had the right to know. I couldn't keep it any longer, asshole," Jarrek retorted, turning the light on. I blinked my eyes open and came face to face with the man I believe to be dead for the last three years.

"You're both assholes," I said angrily. I punched Jarrek before giving Zeth -- my brother -- a look of ice cold hatred.

Walking out, I grabbed my bag from the stool I was sitting on and walked out the door in a haste. I ignored Wes and Liam as they tried to get my attention. I didn't bother hailing down a cab ... I needed air, and a cigarette.

Time Elapse

I found myself in an abandoned alley way about three blocks away from my apartment. I shut my phone off so no one could contact me. I wasn't ready to talk to anyone.

How could they do this to me? Jarrek knew how bad off I was for the longest time after I was lead to believe my brother -- my fucking brother -- was dead. I could barely concentrate on anything, I'm surprised I was still able to work at the time.

Zeth -- the poor bastard -- making his only brother believe he was dead. He knew how much I looked up to him -- adored him -- and he shattered me so far beyond repair.

Standing up, I slung my bag over my shoulder, making my way for the alley way opening. A sharp pain erupted in my head, and all went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yes, but bear with me. :D