Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Thirty-Liam

I stood there in the room,my eyes locked on Jace for I didn't know how long until I pulled my eyes away and found a chair,sitting down on it. "I don't like you brother. I understand wanting to talk with you but he should have realized that I was the one who's been here. granted not from the beginning but I was here when he decided to run off and play dead" I said,my voice colder then usual.

"Liam,you have no-" Jace went to speak but I cut him off,standing up.

"I have no right?! I HAVE NO RIGHT!" I exclaimed "I wasn't the one who ran off and caused you pain like you did me! I didn't sleep! eat NOTHING! while I fucking sat by my phone waiting on you! praying every SECOND that you weren't dead in a ditch somewhere Jace!" I yelled,the tears filling my eyes, Jace just stared at me,his eyes wide. I glared at him and stormed towards the door "Call me when you realize that I fucking love you" I said before walking out and slamming the door hard and left.

I arrived home and saw my father's truck in the driveway causing me to sigh and shut my car off,taking my keys and walking inside my house "What are you doing here dad?" I asked,closing my front door and tossing my keys into the bowl beside the door.

"I'm came to check on you...you weren't doing very well" he said,turning and staring at me. I could see the worry in his eyes,I avoided eye contact and sighed sitting down in my usual chair. "I take it you've talked to Jace?" he asked.

I stared at him before telling him everything that had happened "I honestly don't get it...it's like I don't even matter anymore...actually I don't think I ever did.." I whispered,staring down at my hands "Jace was the first one who's never hurt me like my ex did...I thought maybe I found the right one but..I guess I was just another bump in the road for him.." I sighed,leaning back and staring at the ceiling.

"Don't say that Liam,I'm sure Jace cares about you" My father said,trying to sound hopeful but failed.

"Yea,sure dad. Whatever you say..." I whispered,standing up and walking into the kitchen. I heard my father walk in behind me "Dad please...nothing your gonna say is gonna make this any better. I was nothing to him and I've accepted that...now I'll just focus myself in school again.." I whispered,staring at the water running down the sink.

"Liam please...don't give up like that..it's not like you" my father said,walking up and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"yea well,it's not like me to fall in love but I did" I whispered,looking at my father who was staring at me in shock. He knew of my promise not to fall in love because of what happened with my mother 'I did dad..I fucking fell in love with him" I said,slamming my fist down onto the counter causing my father to jump.

I sighed and clenched my fists before moving away 'I'm going to bed dad..I'll call you later" I said,disappearing into my bedroom.

Time Elaspe

It's been another week since I last saw Jace,even at work. Father had replaced him with someone else,I was currently staring into the mirror at myself. I was pale and sickly,I still ran but I barely ate spending all of my time on school work to try and keep Jace off my mind.

I heard my phone go off and made a dive for it,secretly praying it was Jace but threw the phone off somewhere when it was one of my friends. I stopped talking to everyone except my father who came over every day to check on me.

I yanked on a shirt and headed out to my car,driving off. Something was pulling me and I couldn't figure it out until I arrived at Jace's place. I sat in the car for what must have been an hour before I shut my car off and climbed out,walking up to his door. I stared at the door before raising my hand and knocking on the door.

I heard clattering of cans and some other things before the door opened and I saw Jace standing there,looking as bad as I felt "Liam.." Jace spoke,seeming surpised to see me. I stared at him,searching for words to say before I stood up and grabbed his face,kissing him deeply.

I heard Jace's breath hitch before he started returning the kiss "I made a promise...I made a promise and you caused me to break it" I whispered,stepping foreward which caused him to walk backwards.

Jace pulled away from the kiss and stared at me "What promise? what are you doing here Liam?" he asked,his lips slightly swollen from the kiss. I stared at him walking towards him until he was pressed up against a wall.

"I made a promise to never to fall in love...even the slightest bit and you caused me to break that promise" I said,my eyes searching his as I awaited a response.