Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Thirty-Three: Jace

Days passed, and when I wasn't working, I was right next to Liam. We got to know each other a lot more, and he learned a bit about Zeth. "When we were kids, he never thought me as his 'kid brother', just his brother. His friends eventually came to like me and would even come over to hang out with me, whether Zeth was home or gone. Zeth always stood for me, and we even took karate together." I went on for a while, then eventually I just stopped talking.

"You're a strong guy for staying in a place that's caused you so much sadness," Liam said, grabbing my hand and squeezing. "I don't think I'd be able to do it."

"I suppose I wasn't going to let the pain I went through stop me what I love the most ... being a DJ. Once you've been hurt so bad so many times, it just makes you want to flip it all off and do what you got to do to be happy, you know?" I smiled at Liam and started rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb.

"I see what you mean. Just brush yourself off and get back in the game," Liam said, making me nod.

"Exactly," I replied, meeting his gaze and smiling.

Time Elapse

After a few more days, Liam was allowed to go home, he just wasn't allowed to work. Plus I had to keep an eye out for him to make sure the stitches to pull. Instead of taking him to his place, I brought him home with me. Once he got a look at the building, he let out a whistle. "This place can be rather expensive."

Getting up next to his ear, I whispered, "I know the owner. He's letting me stay here for half of what the others pay." Liam looked at me with a look of astonishment. I just smiled and we made our way up the stairs to my apartment.

After a while, we eventually made it, and I unlocked the door to Liam's temporary home. "Welcome to my humble abode," I said, placing my keys on the desk next to the door.

"Wow, bigger than your last one," he said as he carefully walked over to the couch. I just nodded and sprawled out on the floor.

"It's a two bedroom. I love it!" I said, raising my arms up and causing a chuckle to escape from Liam. "I know you're wondering as to why I have a two bedroom when it's just me. Well, say you were to come over, and were needing your space, the other room will be available for you to crash in."

"I see, and what if I was wanting my space from everyone but you?" Liam asked, crossing his arms.

"That's where my room comes in," I said, causing him to nod. Glancing at the clock, I saw that I had to be at work in about an hour. "Well, I better get going. If I don't leave now, I'll be late for work. I told Paulie that you'd be needing someone to check up on you every once in a while and he agreed."

"Who's Paulie?" Liam asked, curious. I smiled as I got up and went over to him.

"Paulie is the owner of this here building. He's also been a good friend of mine since middle school. He's straight, about your height and build, and probably the second coolest guy in the world. Me, of course, being the first." Liam laughed and kissed me lightly. "I'll see you later, if not, tomorrow."

Grabbing my bag and keys, I walked out of the apartment and headed out for work. It was going to be a long night.