Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Five: Jace

I literally stumbled into the club, removing my bag from my shoulder as I ran for my life to the booth. Setting my bag in it's usual spot, I looked toward the door and saw Wesley standing there, shaking his head and laughing. I saluted him half-heartedly as I put the headphones around my neck and waited for the clock to strike ten.

Time Elapse

The club was thrumming and the bodies clashed with one another in a sexual-like frenzy across the dance floor. I found myself lost in the music, doing my own little dance as my hands did the work.

I watched as Wesley danced like a fool to my left, but that was Wes for you. Of course, girls were throwing themselves at him, but he would turn them away nicely. Guys came to him as well, but he'd tell them he's a straight married man with two kids. They all looked disappointed, but they understood.

"You thirsty?!" Wes yelled over the noise, looking at me. I nodded and watched as he jumped off the stand in which the booth was on and head for the bar. Seeing a girl heading my way, I removed the headphones, but kept the music going.

"Think we can get some more upbeat music in here? Techno or something?" she called up. I gave her thumbs up and quickly changed the music. Shortly after, Wes had returned with our drinks, setting mine down where it wouldn't get knocked onto the equipment.

"Let me take that off your hands! You could use a break!" Wes said, his mouth right next to my ear. Shivering at the warmth of his breath on my neck, I nodded and let him take over. He did, after all, go to college for the same thing.

Grabbing my drink, I saluted at him and made my way to the dance floor, mixing in with the wave of bodies contorting themselves together.

Time Elapse

As Wesley and I stumbled through the parking lot towards his car, we were laughing about the random shit we had done. My boss wasn't all that happy to see that Wes had taken over the booth, but since Wes wasn't horrible, he got over it.

We got to the car, and sighed as we leaned against the hood. "That was awesome. Although .. Joce-Jocelyn will be pissed cause I was out.." hiccup "..for far too.." hiccup "..long." I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Sorry about keeping you out so long. I didn't expect..." hiccup "..to stay so long. I actually thought.." hiccup "..you would have left after dropping.." hiccup "..me off." Resting his head atop of mine, he let out a dramatic sigh.

"Just because I'm married, and have two kids, doesn't mean I can't have some fun," Wesley said, hiccuping again. I giggled and then looked up at Wesley. He met my stare and smiled warmly at me.

Before either of us knew what was going on, Wesley picked me up, carried me to the back of the car, and set me on the trunk. Pressing his lips against mine, I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands stayed locked on my waist, his kisses becoming more hungry.

I was lost in a whole other world, feeling more alive than ever.

Time Elapse

I awoke a few hours later, sitting up and rubbing my temples. "Good, you're up," someone said. It was a woman's voice. Opening my eyes, I saw Jocelyn. "Wesley called last night. Said you and him were both drunk and needed me to drive you both home."

Wesley. What all happened last night? I thought, rubbing my temples again. "I'm sorry I had to stay. I don't normally drink," I said, letting out a yawn. She waved me off.

"You're his best friend. I didn't mind," she said. "Want some coffee?" she asked, standing up and straightening her shirt a bit. I nodded and asked for something for my headache, and she said she would find something.

I looked up when I saw Wesley coming down the stairs, looking fresh and ready to face the day. He met my gaze and looked a bit uncomfortable, so I knew he remembered what had happened last night as well. "Morning, Jace," he said, as if nothing was bothering him.

"Morning, Wesley," I replied, my gaze moving to Jocelyn when she walked back in with a cup of coffee and a couple of pills. "Thanks," I mumbled, causing her to smile.

Swallowing the pills and taking a drink of the coffee, I kept my gaze down, not sure if my eyes would keep the secret from Jocelyn.