Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Six-Liam

"Liam,are you alright son?" my father asked one night while I was visting. I turned to him and smiled softly,nodding my head as I walked towards him and handed him his drink before sitting down across from him.

'I'm fine dad,don't worry about me" I said,leaning back. I managed to hide the flinch of pain that came over me as I put pressure against my bruised ribs. Nick had gone off again last night and my ribs became the main target of his latest explosion.

"Are you sure?" My father asked,eyeing me carefully. I laughed softly and nodded my head,drinking my coke.

"Yes dad I'm sure. How are you feeling? I heard that you've been having some problems at work..is it true?" I asked,looking at him worriedly. Now it was my father's turn to laugh and he nodded his head.

'It's a bit true,but nothing I can't handle" He said,downing his drink as well. I spent the next few hours talking with him about things here and there before I grabbed my keys,I hugged my father before returning home.

I didn't see Nick's car when I got home so I knew he was staying at work late. I locked my car up and sighed,disappearing inside the house and made sure it was clean before doing some school work and heading to bed after a shower.

Time Elaspe

I woke up to someone kicking the bed and groaned,opening my eyes and staring up at Nick "What's wrong?" I asked,sitting up and rubbing my eyes before streaching.

"Your damn alarm has been going off for an hour now. What the hell were you doing last night?" He asked,glaring down at me. I gazed back up at him calmly

"I spent the day with my father,came home. I cleaned then did school work before showering and crashing. My father's been having issues latly and I'm worried so I haven't been sleeping well..." I said,standing up and grimced. My arm instantly went to my side and I saw a look of horror spread across Nick's face.

"Oh fuck" he said,staring at me "I've been beating you..haven't I?" He asked softly,reaching out to touch me but I moved away and nodded my head.

"You have...why I don't know but you have.." I said,staring at him. Nick looked at me in shock before he backed away.

"I gave you that black eye as well.." He said knowingly. I nodded my head and Nick sighed deeply,running hand through thick shaggy black hair before he stared at me again "Then I'll go get help..I can't be beating you over god only knows what" He said simply and turned,walking out the door.

I stood there,watching him leave. I didn't know if he was honestly going to get help but I'm sure I'd find out when the time came. I sighed deeply and got dressed before heading out to find work to do before I came back home and did my classes.

I wasn't sure how things were going to be turning out but I did hope that my father would be ok and that maybe,hopefully I found someone to love me and not beat me.