Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Nine: Jace

I was currently dancing around the street in which the club was on, being the idiot that I was born to be. Seeing a large group of people around the entrance to the club, I ran over to see what everything was about. "What's going on?" I asked Jarrek, who was at the front of the large crowd.

"Club's closed. From the note in which his assistant left, Old Man Emerson had a heart attack and is in the hospital. So the place is closed till Monday," Jarrek said, the crowd groaning.

"Fuck that," I said, grabbing the spare key and unlocking the door. "He told me that if something were to happen, this place stays open." I said, watching as everyone piled in the club, cheering and whistling.

"Wonder why he didn't give me a key," Jarrek said, making his way to the bar.

"It's obvious, jackass," I called after him. "You're the bar keep!" I said jokingly. Jarrek just flipped me off as he threw on his apron and got to work. I saw Wesley walk in and waved him over. Once he got in ear shot, I said, "Think you can handle being the bouncer through Monday?" I asked, causing him to look at me as if I were insane.

"I don't go to the gym for nothing, moron," he replied, heading to the bar and leaning against it. Rolling my eyes, I made my way to the booth and waited for the hour ten to strike.

Time Elapse

"That went smoother than I thought it would," Jarrek said as we got the place spic and span. "I was expecting all hell to break loose." Wes and I nodded as we stacked the last of the stools on top of the bar.

Before we headed out, Wes took one final look around the place to make sure there were no stragglers. Finding no one, we left. I locked the door behind us and we split ways.

Hailing a cab and getting one almost immediately, I got in and lit up a cigarette. Giving my address to the driver, I relaxed into the worn seat, letting the noise of the nightlife overtake me.