Project Freelancer

Chapter Five

While the others cleaned up the base they named blue base, Indiana sat in the machine gun Warthog and proceeded to work on the radio. So far all he was getting was static.

"What's the current status of the radio Indiana?" Maryland asked. Herself and the other agents had gathered the dead bodies and piles them on top of each other.

"Will you give me some time to do this? Jesus it's only been five minutes since the last time you asked me." Indiana said with a little annoyance. Maryland walked over to him and smacked the back of his head.

"Well five minutes from now I expect more progress." Indiana jumped out of the Warthog and stood face to face to Maryland. Michigan rushed over to them.

"Maryland calm down, just let Indiana do his work, he's the only out here that knows how to do it."

"Michigan shut up, I want to get a hold of the Director and I want to know what the fuck is going on."

"Well start a confrontation with your own team doesn't really help." As they argued Indiana got back to work on the radio.

"Michigan are you questioning me on how to run my team?"

"How to run your team? You've only been the leader of this team officially for twelve hours. Don't start acting like your an experienced leader." Maryland shoved Michigan.

"Don't back talk to me Michigan." Michigan came back and shoved Maryland. She lost her footing and fell onto the Warthog.

"Don't test me Maryland." Maryland straightened up. She drew her Magnum.

"Hey that's enough!" Vermont ran over to them and stood in the middle. "What the hell are you two doing? Your both in command of this team. Act like it!"

Maryland withdrew her gun.

"Where not done with this Michigan." Michigan stood still. Vermont looked at them both, decided they were both relativity calm and back up a little.

"Now, before you two start again, what do you want us to do with the bodies?" Michigan walked to the Warthog and sat next to Indiana.

"Can you burn them?" Maryland asked.

"With what?"

"I guess your right."

"What about a match?" Maryland gave Vermont a glare.

"Matches? In our time when is the last time you saw someone use those that didn't live in the 1900s?"

"I guess your right."

"Just blow the bodies up." Michigan said.

"That could work." Vermont said. Michigan sighed.

"It's not that damn hard to figure out, sometimes I wonder if you two are blondes."

"I'm not a blonde." Vermont said. "I'm a ginger."

"You know I'm not a blonde." Maryland said.

"How the fuck would he know that?" Vermont asked.

"Drop it." Michigan said. "Just go tell Kansas to blow up the bodies."

"Alright." Vermont and Maryland walked off while Michigan and Indiana worked with the radio.

"So hows the radio coming Indiana?" Indiana had a pad linked to the Warthog's radio and he was tapping away at it.

"It's going good, I have to isolate the base's signal though. I just can't find it the easy way. I should have a connection in about ten minutes."

"Okay then, I'll check in on you when ten minutes is up." Michigan got out of the jeep. He then walked over to Indiana. "By the way I have a question for you."

"What would that be?"

"Well I don't know you that well, so I wanted to know why you can only use a Magnum. It kinda seems unfair for you to be a freelancer and only allowed to use one of the UNSC weakest guns."

"Ask Virginia, I don't want to talk about it." This remark caught Michigan off guard.

"Um okay, I'll leave you to your work." Michigan turned around and walked back to the base.