Project Freelancer

Chapter Seven

UNSC Headquarters
Director's Office
11:34

Agent Texas walked into the Director's office.

"You wanted to see me sir?" The Director walked up to Texas.

"Agent Texas, have you recovered from the previous incident?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now I want to send you on an assignment. Are you ready?"

"Yes sir."

"Excellent. Now I want you to put on this armor." He pointed to a brown Mach VI armor setup into a corner.

"Sir, may I ask why?"

"Because you're going to be the new teams first test. Also that suit has a voice changer."

"Sir what's the point of all this. The armor change I mean."

"Do not concern yourself about it. Just do it."

"Yes Sir."

Blood Gulch
1:56

"Hey Indiana, did you finish the radio yet?"

"No Maryland, you asked me that five minutes ago. Not much has changed" Indiana replied with a irritated tone. Maryland walked over to Indiana.

"What the hell is taking so long?"

"A radio is a complicated system. It can't be fix in an hour. Be patient."

"What are you mad about Indiana, I was just asking." Vermont was standing on the top of the base watching.

"Hey Kansas." Kansas who was standing behind Vermont stepped up next to him.

"What."

"How much longer do you think Indiana will last before he tries to fight Maryland?" Kansas cleared his throat.

"Beats me." As the two stood on the base watching Indiana and Maryland, they did not notice the person in brown Mach VI armor sneaking upon them. A moment later, Vermont heard a thud. He turned to Kansas but Kansas was no longer there.

"Must have jumped into the base." Vermont said as he turned back to Maryland and Indiana. They seemed to be calming down.

"Okay Indiana, I'll try to be more patient, but please hurry up."

"I'll go as fast as I can, but I'm not making an promises." Maryland turned around.

"Hey Vermont. Where is Michigan?"

"He went with Virginia to explore some caves." Maryland looked down and put her hands on her hips.

"Wow we've been her for a few hours and we already have problems." She sighed and looked back up at Vermont. A few seconds later she drew her pistol and took aim.

"Whoa Maryland, what are you doing?" Vermont was suddenly lifted off his feet and thrown at Maryland. They collided into each other and fell on the ground. The figure in brown Mach VI armor jumped off the base next to Maryland and Vermont. The individual took their weapons and tossed them aside.

"A girl?" Indiana commented as he stepped out of the Warthog. "Vermont is a good 250 pounds, and you just tossed him like a rag-doll."

"Well there goes my voice changer." She said. The voice changer gave her a manly tone, annoyed with it she turned it off.

"You can't hide your gender through armor. Every smart individual knows that."

"It doesn't matter take her out!" Maryland said as Vermont and herself stood up. She advanced upon the intruder first with a spinning back kick, which was caught. Maryland tried to free her leg but she was thrown into Vermont. She collided into Vermont knocking him off balance. Maryland hit the ground, Vermont lost his footing and tripped. As he fell the back of his head slammed into the Warthog.

"That sounded like it hurt." The intruder said laughing. She turned her attention to Indiana. "So what do you have?"

"Let's find out, I've never been in a CQC fight." Indiana stood in the CQW stance that he learned from Maryland. Left foot forward, his right foot at a right angle. He put his hands in front of him in a kind of Preying Mantis stance. She lunged at Indiana with a spinning back kick. He blocked then came back with straightforward punch.

"Whoa!" she said as she dodge the blow. She dodged the next few swings from Indiana before retaliating with quick jab to Indiana's throat. As he grabbed his neck gasping for air, she kneed him in the gut and then the head.

Maryland then showed up, she kicked the intruder in the face knocking her on he back. She followed up buy grabbing her by the foot and throwing her into the base's front opening. She waited as the intruder stood on her feet.

"Your going to regret that." She ran at Maryland and drove her head into Maryland's stomach. When she straightened up Indiana had recovered and jumped over Maryland's back and kicked the intruder hard in the chest. They traded blows with each other while Maryland gathered herself. She looked back to Vermont. He was just now starting to stand.

"Vermont are you awake?" Vermont mumbled something that sounded like a "I think so."

Indiana was having a hard time holding off the intruder. She was much quicker and skilled then he was and it was showing. He attempted a backhand punch but before the action was done she had elbowed him in the stomach, then tripped him on his back.

"Is this all you have?" She mocked Indiana as he laid on the ground. She pulled the Magnum from her hip and aimed it at Indiana.

"Don't sound so sure of yourself." Indiana said looking at the figure behind her.