Project Freelancer

Chapter Eight

A little while earlier

Virginia and Michigan continued to talk as they walked into the cave.

"So that's the whole Indiana situation?" Michigan asked.

"Yeah, after all this Finley went into hiding, we haven't seen him since."

"Well thanks for telling me I know it must have been tough for you to go through that. So is this why you cling to him so much?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well when he was told he couldn't get his weapons, you immediately went to his side."

"Oh that. Well I kind of like him, we met during UNSC training camp by chance. I've known him since middle school though"

"So you two are childhood friends?"

"Yeah."

"I see, well thanks for the info, maybe now since we are freelancers we can help him get off his punishment."

"Yeah, maybe we can..." Virginia tripped and fell on her face.

"Are you okay?" Michigan asked as he helped her up.

"Yeah, I think there's something in this dirt." Michigan looked at the ground where Virginia has fallen. He went over to it and pulled it out.

"What is this?" he said.

"Looks like an old revolver that had been upgrade like, a thousand times." Virginia said. What they had actually found was a Brute Spiker. This was a automatic gun with blades on the underside of the barrel. They stared at the gun for a few minutes, looking it over trying to figure out what it was. Michigan got a call on his helmet.

"This is Michigan." Kansas voice came on, he sounded dizzy.

"M-Michigan, we're." Kansas grunted. "Get over here now!"

"Damn." Michigan said. "Common Virginia we have to go."

"Okay." They both ran out of the cave and headed towards blue base.

"Virginia I need you to go up that hill, there's a cliff over there. I need you to spot for me."

"Okay." She started to turn to her right and take the path to the cliff.

"No! That will take to long. I'm going to give you a boost to the cave next to the cliff. Jump on my shoulders on three, ready?"

"Synch!" They both said simultaneously. Virginia then hopped on Michigan's shoulders and boosted her self up to the cave and ran to the cliff. Michigan ran to the closest hill next to blue base, then went prone to hide himself from any possible threat.

"Virginia? You there?"

"Yeah I'm up here." Michigan could hear noises in front of him.

"What's going over here?" Virginia used the zoom in her helmet.

"It looks like Indiana is fighting someone in brown armor."

"Kansas?"

"No, Kansas doesn't wear full Mach VI armor." Virginia went silent for a second. Then in a panicked voice she said. "Michigan, at nine o clock, he's gonna kill Indiana."

"On my way." Michigan prepared to jump over the hill.

"Wait stop." Virginia said.

"Why, what happened?"

"Another person with Brown Mach VI armor just showed up."

Agent Texas
Blood Gulch Canyon
Cliff behind Blue Base

Agent Texas had just landed on the cliff of Blood Gulch where she was suppose to engage the new team of Freelancers in combat. As she prepare to jump down she saw another person in Brown Mach VI armor dashing to the Blue Base.

"What the hell?" She watched as the person ran into blue base, later lifting their self to the roof from a hole in the center of the base. She also watched as the person took one of the Freelancers in brown armor down into the base unknown by the other freelancer standing next to him. After that she decided to call the Director.

"This is Agent Texas Director."

"Yes Agent Texas?"

"Sir I have arrived at Blood Gulch outpost, but there seems to be another unit in brown armor attacking the new freelancers. Orders?"

"Go down there and capture that individual and then bring them to me."

"Yes sir." When she looked back to the blue base she saw a grey freelancer fighting with the intruder. "Time to move."

Agent Texas slid down the cliff and landed on the ground behind two more Agents that had ran out of the cave. She started to run down the center she come up over the hill as soon as the intruder took aim on the grey freelancer.