I'll give you my sincerity

The Arrival

Dear Diary,
Something feels wrong. I can't specify that feeling, it's just...
Oh, I don't know. There's no reason for me to be sad and every reason for me to be happy, but...
But here I am, at 5:00am in the morning awake and
scared. I don't know what's making me feel like this. I just want everything to be back to normal again. I want to come home to see Mom and Dad setting the table. I know it's totally pointless, but maybe that's what normal life feels like.

Rebecca Greenwood snapped shut her diary, throwing it across the room. It bounced off of the wall harmlessly and landed gently on the floor. She sighed and hauled herself up. She walked past her full length mirror, without looking in. She knew what she would see. Tall, slim, pale, beautiful. Long badly dyed blonde hair. Her black roots were starting to show already.
She crept downstairs, careful not to wake anyone. The kitchen was quiet. The only sound being made was the hum of the fridge. The silence made her uneasy. The hairs on the back of her neck prickled, and she wrapped her dressing gown tighter to her body. Something felt wrong. She ignored it and padded upstairs to change.

His face twisted in regret as he held the rabbit's limp form in his pale hands. He hadn't meant to kill it. If he had known he was this hungry, he would have hunted something larger. Still, no point in dwelling on it now. He had school to attend.
'Yeah, we better be heading off,' said a quiet voice behind him. He didn't need to look around to know who it was.
'Mikey. You scared me.'
'No I didn't. Listen Wolfie's waiting. We had better be heading off,' repeated Mikey. His older brother nodded and sighed. They had gone nearly twenty six years without having to deal with humans. Now, they were about to rush into a whole crowd. The idea seemed so stupid, that he almost turned on his heel and fled. But they depended on him. Besides, it felt nice to be needed.
Mikey climbed in the back seat with Wolfie. He wrapped his pale arms around her, and she cuddled close to him. Sure, they were all scared. But a deeper feeling came to them all. Excitement? Hunger? They ignored it, and started the car. After all, they didn't want to be late arriving at Belleview High School.