I'll give you my sincerity

7

Gerard's POV

Dad looked at us both, a pleading look in his eyes. I shook my head and went to pick up Wolfie's body. I nodded to Mikey, who followed me out of the woods and into the cemetery.

We were at the other side of town now; we had to get back before people knew we were missing. We walked through the cemetery without speaking; only the shallow breaths of Wolfie could be heard. I glanced around every so often to check if we wre being followed. This happened a lot in Italy, our old home. Hunters, looking for the perfect kill. One that would make them a fortune. I had never being caught out before - I was older than The Others - making me stealthier, more alert. Mikey was caught once, hence the scar on his lower back. Luckily he had been saved. Just in time as well. Wolfie had never being caught, but part of that was due to her never really going anywhere. She stayed in the cave we shared for so long, undetected and unharmed. Lately though she had come out of her shell, making her more vulnerable. She had quickly become friends with the rest of that dark group. They all stayed away from the others in the high school. Perhaps that made it safer.

I looked at Mikey, who had coughed loudly, snapping me out of my reverie. He nodded at the old, iron gates that loomed over us. I snapped the lock on them and we walked out into the streets. Quiet though they seemed, I knew they were dangerous.

Keep on your guard I told Mikey, without speaking. He nodded slightly as we carried on walking.

I soon realised we were being watched; I could feel eyes on the back of my head. I could tell Mikey felt it too - he kept looking behind him nervously. We picked up our pace, walking faster and faster until we were nearly running.

There's nowhere to go whispered a voice in my head. I stopped abruptly, causing Mikey's eyes to widen in fear. He realised something was wrong.

I spun round, keeping hold of Wolfie's body.
'Mikey we have to...' I started, before noticing Mikey had gone, leaving me with my unconscious sister.
'Mikey?' I called out, although in my heart I knew he wasn't coming back.