Status: Don't call them emo, call them SCENE kids. Okay? There is a HUGE difference!!!!!

Tragic Terrors…Not So Fun After All…

8) I know how you feel…

“I understand…” Caleb said, turned around, walked back downstairs, met up with Candice, and wrapped his arms around her. He understood why she had been crying and, though he could NEVER tell her how much he loved her, he wanted her to know he was there for her.
“Caleb?” she said.
“Candice?” Caleb replied.
“Help me with the cake?” she said, handing towards the counter.
“Candice…” Caleb started.
“Hmmm?” she replied, turning around, and putting the cake down.
Caleb took her in his arms and gave her a cautious kiss.

Candice froze, not really knowing if she should move or if she should just let Caleb do this. Did she like him, yes…she did. But…did she love him? That question…was indeed a very interesting question. She had strong feelings for him, but was now having to question the depth and measure of them. Did she feel for him as a friend or as a companion?
She pulled away from Caleb, tears streaking her face, and turned from him.
“I…I’m sorry…” Caleb said, feeling like a total ass.

“Caleb, it’s just…I…” Candice didn’t want to hurt Caleb, but he needed a direct and full truth or he’d never forgive her or understand her.
“You love Noa…don’t you…?” Caleb asked with a solemn tone.
Candice turned to face him, but only saw his face covered by his medium long black hair as he leaned against the wall of the kitchen. His Avenged Sevenfold hoody was hiding most of his head, not to mention the fact that his hands were covering his face while his hair concealed most of the image. His shoulders and form altogether, were shaking from his sobs.

It was hard for Candice to see him like this, knowing that she was the main cause, but she knew it was even harder for Caleb. She understood that he liked her, while she didn’t feel the same for her. She understood it was one thing to long for someone who doesn’t even have the same sexual orientation as you, thus not feel for you in the same manner; while, at the same time, it was another thing to have someone long for you in a way that you long for another. Candice really and truly didn’t know what to do! She wanted to make the pain go away, for her and Caleb both, but she knew that was a fairly impossible task…