Status: complete

Hit The Lights.

I'm Exactly Where I Want To Be

Alex was sat on the floor of Jack’s bedroom, leaning on the wall with his chin resting on his knees, picking at the threads on his skinny jeans. Jack sat right across from him, in the same position, watching Alex’s fingers play with the small threads that were loose on the sides of his jeans. They both sat there in silence, neither of them really knew what to say. It wasn’t what you would call an ‘awkward’ silence though; it was more of a ‘what-the-fuck-is-going-to-happen-now’ silence.
They had gotten into Jack’s house after the whole ‘Zack catching them in the pool incident’ the night before around 1am and went straight to bed as soon as they got in. It actually went pretty well though; they both just jumped out of the pool and told Zack they’d explain it later. So yeah, they had a lot of explaining to do today.
“Do you think Zack will tell?” Alex said, finally breaking the silence.
“Hmm, no I don’t think he will”
“Is it really that bad if he does though? I mean, we’re gonna have to tell the guys sooner or later..” Jack trailed off.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right, but what exactly are we gonna tell them?”
“Umm, I don’t know” Jack said, staring blankly at his feet.

They fell into another short silence, before Jack spoke again.
“Lex? Can I ask you a question?” Jack said propping himself up against the bottom of the bed.
“Of course, what’s up?”
“Well, we both have feelings for each other.. right?” He said, suddenly feeling his heart pounding against his chest.
“Yeah! Of course we do!” Alex said back, looking confused.
“Well umm. Do you ugh… Want to.. ya know. Be my boyfriend?” He stuttered; face going a bright shade of red.
Alex’s face lit up at his words “Of course I do! Oh my god!” He was practically squealing like a girl.
“aww c’mere” Jack said, extending his arms.
Alex crawled across the floor and rested his head in Jack’s lap. They just sat there snuggled together for the rest of the morning. At about 2pm they finally got up to get some food and Jack invited Rian and Zack over to tell them the news.

It was nearing 3pm and Rian and Zack were due any minute now. They were both sat in Jack’s kitchen, Alex playing some game on his iPhone and Jack was just finishing his second bowl of Cookie Crisp (because Jack thought it was appropriate to eat chocolate chip cookies with milk at any time of the day) . The room was more or less silent so when they heard the nock on the door they were both pretty surprised.
“I’ll get it” Jack said; mostly to himself.
He got up from his stool and rushed over to open the door, revelling Zack and Rian who looked pretty cheery.
“Hey guys” Rian smiled
“Hey! C’mon in” Jack said to the both of them, closing the door and heading upstairs.

The four of them got into Jack’s room, Zack just looked at Jack and Alex awkwardly; still having not said a word. Rian was sitting on the edge of Jack’s bed, smiling, oblivious to anything that was going on between the three of them who were all looking awkwardly at each other.
Jack looked down at the floor before speaking.
“Umm guys? Me and Alex have something to tell you” He said, in a low voice.
Alex grabbed onto the bottom of Jack’s shirt as they all sat down; twisting it around his fingers. There was a long silence before anyone spoke.
“We know. You’re fucking. Now can I have some pizza?” Rian said with the biggest grin.
Jack and Alex looked at each other with wide eyes. Zack was just laughing in the corner and Rian was just staring at Jack with a look that said ‘what? it was obvious. Now please just give me pizza’
“Wha- but. How did yo- ZACK YOU FUCKER DID YOU TELL?” Jack said.
Zack’s head shot up, “No man”
“Tell me what?” Rian said curiously
“I don’t know what you guys are talking about but it was blatantly obvious you’ve liked each other for months... it had to happen sometime.. “ Rian finished what he was saying.
“shut up man” Alex said, his cheeks a light shade of pink.
The room went silent for a few seconds before everyone burst out laughing.
“So pizza?” Zack said, finally calming his laughter down.
“Fuck you guys!” Jack said laughing. “I’ll order one now”

Rian and Zack had just left, it was just after 7pm now. After they had their pizza they ended up watching Adventure Time, Alex and Jack were snuggled up on the floor, under a blanket. Rian was lying on Jack’s bed and Zack was at the other end of the bed hugging a pillow. They were so relieved that Rian and Zack had absolutely no problem with them being together. In fact, Rian was relieved that they finally got together after so long!

“I love how cool they are with all this” Alex said as he rubbed circles in Jack’s hand
“Yeah” Jack agreed, snuggling closer to Alex.

“I love you.” Alex said, well he didn’t exactly mean to say it, it just sort of slipped out. He started to panic in case it was too soon to say anything like that. His heart was pounding against his chest and his breathing got faster.

Jack looked up and stared into Alex’s eyes. The sides of his lips crinkled up into a wide smile.
“I love you too.” Jack smiled at Alex and placed a small kiss to the elder boys lips.

“Promise we’ll stay like this forever” Jack said quietly, looking straight into Alex’s eyes.
Alex smiled, hugged Jack tighter and looked up at Jack.

“I Promise”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey! umm yeah i'm not sure about this, it's kind of cheesy so sorry about that but yeah!

you should tell me what you think because i really don't know if i like this chapter...

the title is from 'The Promise' by Framing Hanley

ok (i think i'm done here with this story but tell me what you think and i might write a sequel or something idk)
thanks for reading xo