Status: Coming Soon!!

Who Knew Then? (What We Know Now?)

Only The Beginning

Kassidy

“It’ll be okay Kassy, you’ll be all right,” Marc reassured me.

“You can stay with us as long as you need to, you know that,” Henry repeated for what must’ve been the tenth time since we’d all sat down in the living room after supper.

“No, I can’t do that to you two,” I argued.

“You aren’t doing anything except keeping me company around the house Kassy, you know that,” Linda told me, and I sighed.

“I just don’t want to be a burden – I’ll figure something out, dad said he would mail the key to the house so I could stay there,” I mumbled, and they all shook their heads. I had a feeling Marc might have spilled my secret to Lindsay – which I didn’t really blame him, he couldn’t even keep a present a surprise from her – but he hadn’t told his parents about it.

“Just let us know all right? And you are always more than welcome to stay here, you’re not a burden, you’re not a problem or anything,” Linda and Henry both repeated, before going to bed. Lindsay curled into the spot on the couch beside me then, wrapping her arms around me.

“Come stay with us Kass – Jared will never have to know,” she offered, and I was shocked.

“I can’t ask you guys to do that,” I argued, but Marc quieted me.

“You aren’t asking us to do anything – we’re offering. You’re part of our family Kass, and even more than that your baby is my nephew, and we want both of you to be safe and happy and taken care of. Jared won’t be coming to New York to visit me, or if he ends up there for whatever reason I can always claim to be busy and just go meet him somewhere for coffee. He won’t have a sniff you’re there for as long as you don’t want him to,” Marc insisted, and I began to cry again. These damn hormones were starting to bother me.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course we are Kassy! And besides, it’ll be nice to have another girl around, and I can be like a second mom!” she beamed, obviously excited at the prospect of having a baby in the house.

“Thank you guys so much,” I couldn’t get the words out without starting to cry again, and both Marc and Lindsay wrapped their arms around me.

“We’ll maybe just tell mom you’ll be in Sudbury – because I know if Jared phoned and asked her she’d tell him where you were,” Marc suggested, and Lindsay nodded.

“Yeah, that makes the most sense to me too. So we’ll just wait for your stuff to get here and then head to New York. You’ll love it, by the way. It’s a little overwhelming t first, but I’m sure you’ll get used to it all soon,” Lindsay gushed, and I couldn’t help but smile at her.

“I hope so. You have no idea what this means to me,” I whispered.

“I think we have an idea,” they both told me, and the three of us settled in to watching a movie on the couch together before going to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is really short - and I apologize so I am going to post a Jared chapter tonight as well to make up for it! Please let me know what you're thinking! I love reading comments :)