Status: Coming Soon!!

Who Knew Then? (What We Know Now?)

Good Luck Charm

Kassidy

“I don’t know if I can handle the game,” I admitted, hearing complaints from the array of Rangers players spread across the living room. I’d been having severe back pain all day, and Izzy had been restless; moving and kicking and generally causing me displeasure, on top of making me pee every fifteen minutes.

“Come on, please?” Del Zotto pouted, pulling the puppy-dog eyes on me. I rolled my eyes and pushed his face away from mine, causing some laughter in the room.

“None of that,” I reprimanded him, and felt Derek wrap an arm around me.

“Sounding more and more like a mother every day,” he grinned, and I resisted the urge to elbow him.

So instead I stuck out my tongue, making Dan Girardi nearly fall off of his chair from laughing too hard. Derek rolled his eyes at me before giving me a soft squeeze – his version of a hug without being too conspicuous. Because apparently I wasn't the only one Marc and Lindsay bugged about the two of us getting together, and neither of us wanted to give them any kind of ammunition for their argument.

“Real mature,” he retorted, and then the conversation continued to flow around me, until I had to pee again.

“Jesus, what is that? Three times in the past forty five minutes?” Prust asked, and I smacked his shoulder as I walked by.

“You try having a several pound baby sit on your bladder and see how badly you have to pee,” I told him, and heard him complain as the guys called him out for being insensitive. I just really wasn’t sure about this game, for the simple fact that I knew Jared was playing again tonight. It had been nearly a month since I’d seen him in Raleigh, and it had been hard. I’d been trying to forget him, wishing I could return Derek’s feelings, but I just couldn’t.

When I returned to the living room Derek moved over without asking so I could squeeze in next to him on the couch. Being with him felt so comfortable, but I felt awful, that I was somehow leading him on with feeling like I could curl up with him and talk with him about things I didn’t with other guys on the team. He’d even came to my last Doctor’s appointment with me, and had insisted on a new ultrasound picture – telling me that it was giving him good luck.

“Come on, just come for part of it then? You can use my box, it’s right next to the bathrooms,” Derek tempted me, and I sighed. I did want to watch the guys play again, but I wasn’t sure with this back business and everything else.

“We’ll see,” I allowed, getting cheers from the group.

“I think I’m going tonight,” Lindsay told me from her place on Marc’s lap – we were trying to get everybody in the living room so nobody felt left out. Not that either of them would complain about their seating arrangements.

“You could sit in my box too, come on, you know we all love having Izzy and you at the games,” Derek continued, and the guys all voiced their agreement.

“Fine! If my back’s not killing me I’ll come! Happy?” I groaned, and they all cheered.

“Sometimes I hate you,” I play-glared at Derek, who just beamed at me.

“Nah, you love me too much,” he teased. I rolled my eyes at him before leaning back against him. Soon the guys began to file out of the apartment, to go home and have their naps and start their pre-game rituals. Derek was the only one left, and Marc offered for him to stay here if he wanted, which Derek had just shrugged, not sure of his plans yet.

“I don’t want to interfere with the rituals Derek, if Izzy and I are going to the game you better damn well be playing at two hundred percent,” I teased, and he just laughed.

“You know I will; Izzy’s the next best good luck charm to you,” he retorted, and pressed a familial kiss to the top of my head, before rubbing my shoulders. I let out a groan and relaxed into him, his hands working wonders on the knots in my muscles.

“That feels amazing,” I sighed, and he just chuckled quietly.

“Want me to rub your feet?” he asked, and I eyed him suspiciously.

“Are you sure you’re not a cyborg? I’ve never heard of a man just offering to rub a pregnant woman’s feet before,” I asked, and he just laughed.

“I’m all man, I promise,” he said, his voice gaining a new tone that made my face turn red. I felt like a turtle turned on it’s back as I tried to maneuver so that I was laying on my back with my feet facing him.

“This probably would have been easier had I just moved,” he chuckled a few moments later. I hadn’t thought of that.

“Probably,” I allowed, and he laughed, before starting to rub my feet. It felt heavenly, and soon I found myself tired enough to fall asleep.

“There we go; feeling better?” he asked, and I nodded as he managed to get himself between the couch and my back, before he gently pulled my body into his and made himself comfortable.

“Much. And I’m assuming you’re having your nap here?” I asked over my shoulder.

“Yup. It’s nice, comfy and warm right here. And besides, naps are always better with a cuddle buddy,” he informed me, and I chuckled before drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
More Derek... I think I'm developing a new Hockey crush... didn't see that coming at all!

And is anybody else surprised about Nash coming to New York? I just heard about it this morning! Crazy stuff!