‹ Prequel: Mechanical Joy
Sequel: Mechanical.org
Status: Phase 2 - Initiated

Mechanical.net

Before:

I had arrived at the hospital, after an injury. I had apparently lost all control of both my legs. Naturally, the surgeon had done her job, thus saved me. Still, she felt saddened, due to the fact, that she can't help me to walk, ever again, there is no way to save the functionality in my legs. Not with the traditional surgery, that is.

Thankfully, she had learned of how so many girls had been saved. An implant, granting the girls the chance to live, once more, to be up on their legs, and ultimately, to walk once more. She had heard of the testimony to the device behind the 'miracle'.

Now she had the implant on stock, ready to be pulled forth. For her to give me the chance, the option, to walk amongst my pears, once more. She had opted for the surgery, and since it had been proven beyond doubt, time and time again, the insurance does cover this part.

She had sacrificed my original, organic legs, for the chance, that I was to be capable to walk, once more. Only I have a choice, how my body will look, below my waist, that is.

As I wake up, I lay on the bed, in my very own room, it is small, but private, and rather cosy, if I can say so, myself.

The fact that I lost my legs is saddening, but the surgeon had told me, explained it all to me. She had even gone as far, as to hand me the catalogue, in which the versions are all lined up, with individual pictures of each and everyone. Both the the prosthesis, and the person using it.

I had made my choice. Even though the insurance only cover a single one, I had chosen a spider, rather then the regular legs, I had been born with. I even have a few choices of both colours, and species. Not just the regular once, but also a few made up, just in order to give me options.

The choice is a spider with medium thick legs. Like all spiders, I will have eight legs. They all end in rather sharp spear like edges, looking like polished steel. The rest of the spider is covered in a black rubbery material. Thus insulating me, and the internal mechanical parts against most of what the elements could offer me, in the matter of challenges, such as water, heat, sand, electricity and pressure.

This body comes with a number of additional choices. Yet, I had chosen to limit myself a bit, just the spinners, for now. Aside from that, I have a very convincing anatomically correct lower body.

As it were, the spinners will produce thread of a special silk, for what ever I choose to use them for.