‹ Prequel: Mechanical Joy
Sequel: Mechanical.org
Status: Phase 2 - Initiated

Mechanical.net

After:

I woke up, feeling rather queasy, as the surgeon had finally finished working, on reconstructing my body. Only to legs short.

An hour later, I felt good enough, to actually call myself alive. Everything shy of my legs still fully functioning, as it was.

Since I had no legs, I can't stand up, or even sit. Still, I can at least be present enough, to take part of the information, the choices I had been given.

It's a matter of who I will be, once I leave the hospital. I'm going to be walking out. Just a matter of how I'm going to look. She had given me access to the catalogue, giving me the options spelled out. After much consideration, and a few questions along the line, including, but not limited to a call to my insurance agent, I had settled on the spider.

The insurance will pay for the prosthesis, which's one of my main concerns. I had been told that they will support my choice, for one set of prosthesis, as it were, because they will give me, what they considered a full recovery.

With the confirmation, I had relatively free rains on my choice. Even though I could only choose a single set. The spider was what I had felt like, which I told the surgeon, who soon punched in the final confirmation on the order. With that, it is available, in just under three hours.

Once the set of prosthesis had arrived, it was delivered to me promptly, taking about half an hour to reach my room. At this point, I had been given all the help required, for me to slip into position.

With that, I had managed to take it into position, and soon gained full control. Now I just need to practice, in order to get the mobility the gift promise.

Despite the bulk mass, and the large fralme, considering a spider had eight legs, rather then the two I had so resently lost. Besides, the body itself does take up some sppace, as well. I guess I could get used to it.

I had been given a fairly standard modle, not the limited one, or the full version. Yet, I could do most everything I could do earlier. Just that I can neither swim, nor climb trees, as if I had desired either earlier?

Once securly installed, I set about to try my first steps. To my surprice, I can easily walk around. I guess it is a kind of auto pilot, managing all the legs, giving me the sense of freedom. Then again, I could as easily move a single leg, any way I please. It just prevented me from falling over. It's something I had to get used to. It's just a set of reflexes, just like the once I had been born with, and the once I had picked up, throughout my life.