‹ Prequel: Mechanical Joy
Sequel: Mechanical.org
Status: Phase 2 - Initiated

Mechanical.net

Going Home:

The surgery had gone according to plan. No complications had occurred. All my tests had worked, as good as could ever have been hoped for.

Since the surgeon could do nothing more for me, and there was no point, holding me here for observation, as the nurse had explained, it is time for me to go home.

I had no car, no bike here, at the hospital. If I had had either, I could as well sell. There is no way I can drive, or ride either, as it turned out.

I couldn't take the bus, since I couldn't even slip in, into the vehicle. Then it hit me, maybe there is a chance, not to walk all the way home. I did not feel like walking all the way. I made a call, and a friend had promised to pick me up. She had just carried a horse from a stable to another. Maybe I could fit inside of the trailer, the horse had been in?

Thinking of it just made me giggle.

Then she came, trailer behind her car.

“Hi, how are you doing?” she asked.

“I'm doing fine, I was just a ride short. I have just been released from the hospital, and it is a bit of a stretch for a first walk, going home by foot!” I explained.

“Then you're in luck, I may have the ride you were hoping for!” she told me, pointing the way to the back of the trailer.

I step in, the rap did hold my wait, my feet did apparently not damage her trailer. That made me feel a bit better.

Only as I got in, I was hit by a chock. She had apparently been installing some new and fancy equipment in the trailer. Under a small screen, there is both the cam, and the mike, and I assumed, she had the same set up, in the car.

As the thought hit me, the screen came to life. There I could clearly see her face. She smiles back at me. She most likely saw me just as clearly.

Thankfully, the trailer had been insulated, and thus basically noise free, I couldn't here the road noises.

“Nice to see a friendly face. Besides, it would have been a very long walk, for a first timer!” I told her, just to see if she heard me, which she did.

“What are friends for? Besides, I happen to have your transport on hand!” she responded.

“Yes, you certainly did!” I said.

“What ill fate made you stand all alone at the hospital gate, with the body of a huge spider?” she uttered, in a curious voice, not quite certain, if she dared asking.

“Ill fate? You certainly could call it that. I was in an accident. I lost both my legs. At least, my insurance paid for the replacement. Now I can walk again. I could apparently get closer to you, as well!” I responded in a surprisingly light hearted tone of voice.

“Sorry to hear that!” she breathed.

“Oh well. Maybe you'd be with me, exploring my new self, such as I turned out?” I asked seriously.

That's when she drove up on my small parking. She managed to drive in, far enough for me not to be forced to step out into the middle of the road. Once she had turned the ignition off, she slip out of the drivers seat, rushing to the back of the trailer. Then she sli8p the back down, thus allowing me out, once more. Now I was very thankful, she had not been stopped on the way home. What's the copper think, or say, if he, or she saw me in the back of the trailer?

Once the edge of the trailer door hit the ground, I slowly backed out. Not because I had been scared, or less then sure footed. I just did not feel like rushing out. Besides, if I had been rushing out, I would ave scared anyone coming by, half to death, at best. I had no intent of that.

She hastily slip the trailer closed, before she follow me to the back of my home. I felt like slipping in more quietly. The back door felt a safer choice. Maybe that's stupid? Yet, it is how I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you're all still with me. And please, remaind me to finish the next chapter well in time for the next update. I want it to be ready, before it is due.