Dakota

Dakota Voisine quietly played in the sandbox at the local playground, by herself. She was only six years old at the time. Her mother sat on the park bench a few yards away with her attention focused on the paperback novel in her hands.

Dakota dug with her little toy shovel until she came across a shiny gold ring. She placed the ring in the middle of her palm and it quickly started burning the skin it had touched.

“Ouch!” She cried out, dropping the ring.

Before her a man appeared. His hair was slightly wavy and dark. He had too studs very close together at the side of his bottom lip. He was wearing a ripped shirt, black leather jacket, a pair of aviators over his eyes, and a pair of vans on his feet.

“What happened?” He questioned, bending down to her level.

She showed him the mark on her hand and then pointed down at the ring, “This ring burnt me.”

He took a hold of her hand and examined the mark then picked up the ring and slipped it onto his finger, “Thank you for finding my ring.”

“Welcome.” Dakota smiled up at him.

The man smiled back then started to walk away feeling very upset with himself. She had the mark now, which meant no good would come of her life now. She wouldn’t understand now, she was too young. He looked back at her one more time and she waved at him with a big smile. His lips curled up into a smile and he lifted his hand in a wave before vanishing into thin air.

Dakota resumed playing in the sand, minding her own business. Her mom quickly put her book back in her purse and stormed over to Dakota, unaware of what had just happened. She snatched Dakota up and dragged her back home. From that day on her mom began to hate her. She couldn’t make friends because the other kids didn’t like her. She was a social outcast, and was very alone. Dakota would never understand why any of this happened until the day she turned eighteen years old.

Image

(Disclaimer: I do not own Ben Bruce/Asking Alexandria/famous people/pictures/bands/lyrics/brands/ect. However I do own the plot and the characters that I create.)

[Title credit=A Rocket To The Moon – Dakota]

2012 © Fiction’s Girl