Dakota

Ten

Dakota woke up to find Danny and Ben packing a few duffle bags full of clothes, and talking in hushed voices. They quickly stopped once they realized that Dakota had awoken from her dreams. Ben smiled over at Dakota who sleepily rubbed at her eyes.

“Are yeh hungry?” Danny questioned.

She nodded and was surprised to see him move quicker than anyone she’s ever met, out of the room. Ben smiled causing the light in the room to shine off of the two silver rings at the left side of his bottom lip. His brown hair was wavy and glistened like he had just got out of the shower, which she assumed he probably had. For some reason his skin looked lifeless and his tattoos looked very dull.

“Are yeh feeling okay?” She tilted her head to the side and looked at him with actual concern in her eyes.

He nodded but when he looked into her eyes she noticed that they were very dark and his top lip started twitching so she could every once in a while catch the sight of his canine tooth peeking out a tad.

“Somethin’ seems to be wrong with yeh canine.” She pointed out.

He nodded and turned to walk out of the room, without saying one word to Dakota. She huffed and tossed the blanket off of her body, hopped off the bed and headed to the bathroom. She groaned and stalked out of the room and towards Ben’s room where she quickly found the bathroom, shut the door and relived herself. Dakota sighed and ran her fingers through her hair then decided to take a shower. She hadn’t had one in quite a while and knew that she most likely smelt horrid.

“Mmmm.” She smiled, turning on the water and running her hand under the warm water.

Quickly she tossed her clothes off and stepped into the shower, closing the simple white curtain behind her. Dakota breathed a sigh of relief, feeling the warm water running down her body. She took her time washing her body, hair, and shaving. Never in her whole life had she had a shower that was this fantastic. There wasn’t a limit on time or freezing cold water from the bills not being paid.

***

Once Dakota was done showering, she turned the water off, and wrapped the first towel she saw around her naked body before stepping out of the shower onto the plush blue rug on the floor. She held onto the towel to make sure that it didn’t fall off as she exited the bathroom and looked around Ben’s room for something to borrow. She found a black pair of basketball shorts which had the Asking Alexandria logo on the left side. Dakota grabbed the shorts and a white shirt that had Jim Morrison from The Doors on the front of it. She quickly made her way back to her own room to grab a matching pair of underclothes and changed as fast as she could in the bathroom since she was alone.

“Well don’t yeh have tha nicest body I’ve seen in a while?” James spoke from the door, scaring Dakota.

She squeaked and jumped around to face the smirking man in the doorway.

“Get out yeh pervert!” She shouted, tossing the first thing she saw at him. This just happened to be a bottle of lavender shampoo.

He caught it without even blinking or moving. She stared at him trying to figure out what was going to happen next.

“I’m not here to wank while yeh dress, I’m here to tell yeh that Ben wants to talk to yeh. He’s in his office.” James tossed the bottle onto the counter and looked her up and down before practically speeding off and out of the room.

She growled and tossed the towel in the hamper before leaving the room in search of Ben’s office. Dakota kept her eyes on the patterns of the wooden floor as she walked down the hallway, glancing up every once in a while to make sure not to run into a wall or something. Before too long she found herself standing directly in front of a dark brown door that was cracked open just enough for her to see Ben sitting at a large desk.

“Kota, come in.” He invited her to enter the room.

Carefully she entered the room, pushing the door open further and walking in a bit.

“Are those my clothes?” He asked without looking up from his IPhone.

Dakota nodded, “Yup, now what do yeh want?”

“How do yeh feel about goin’ on tour with the band?” He questioned, looking up from his IPhone for a second.

She shook her head, “Don’t wanna.”

“Unfortunately yeh have no choice.” Ben shook his head.

Dakota rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, “Then why the fuck did yeh ask?”

“look I was just trying to be nice yeh know?” ben snapped, shoving his phone into his pocket.

She took a good look at his teeth to see that they were back to normal but his eyes still looked hungry. Dakota looked at him and noticed he kept trying to avert his gaze from her. Being daring, she stepped towards him causing him to jump up and walk a bit away from her.

“Stay back, Kota.”

Dakota narrowed her eyes at the taller man, “Why?”

“I can’t control myself right now, just stay back.” He growled.

She mustard up all of her courage and decided to find out what she had wanted to know this whole time. Without thinking it over completely, Dakota grabbed the scissors off of his desk and sliced the blade across her palm as hard as she could. The stinging sensation caused tears to prick at her eyes but she ignored it. Almost immediately Ben twitched and looked up at her, his eyes were now a dark red color and his fangs bore from his mouth.

This was a huge mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long, I was on a horrid vacation to see the mother that abandoned me and my alcoholic stepdad. But I'm back and hopefully updates will be more frequent.