Dakota

Three

Ben turned around to his best mate Danny and swiftly punched him in the shoulder.

“Aye! Watch it mate!” Danny complained, rubbing his shoulder where he had been hit.

Ben glared daggers at his friend, “Why’d ya have to go and bother her bout the scar?”

Danny smiled wide, “Ya ring gave her that scar.”

Ben stayed quiet which made Danny chuckle, “How long have you known about her?”

Ben hesitated for a few minutes before replying, “Since she was six.”

“Ah you’re rockin’ the cradle, huh?” He teased, making obscene gestures.

A small chuckle escaped Ben’s lips.

Danny wiggled his eyebrows at Ben then looked down at his watch, “We’ll we have to get to our gig then you can go stalk her all ya want.”

Ben nodded and they both took off down the street together.
[Image

Dakota sipped on her coffee as she sat at the local park where she had played since she was six years old. It was a normal Saturday evening and she had nothing to do per usual. She sighed and rubbed at her eye with her free hand just as a piece of paper was blown under her foot.

The venue wasn’t too far from the park she was at and admission was only $15, so she decided it couldn’t hurt to check them out.

When she arrived at the venue she saw that there was a reasonable enough sized line so she just waited ignoring the rest of kids her age. She paid the $15 when she got to the door then went inside. It was dimly lit inside and looked just like an old club that hadn’t been inhabited for a while.

There were a bunch of kids crowded up near the stage chanting something but Dakota couldn’t make it out. She assumed that from the way they were dressed that there would be moshing. Dakota went over to the bar and got a bottle of water not even caring that the bartender glared at her the whole time. Right when she was handed her water the band came on stage and started playing.

When she turned around she couldn’t believe her eyes. Danny and Ben were on stage with three other men. Ben was playing guitar and Danny was singing/screaming. Dakota really couldn’t make out the words that they were screaming but she stopped breathing when Ben started to sing.

“One step too late and I never told you, that I can’t take another disappointment. Breathing and grasping all leads to another messy ending. Breathing and grasping all leads to another messy ending.” He sang with his eyes connecting with hers.

Ben looked surprised that she had shown up, he wondered how she got the information about the show even going on.

Dakota wasn’t even listening to the rest of their songs, she was mesmerized by Ben. No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t take her eyes off of him. The way he moved on stage and how he played his guitar just made her swoon over him.

“Move it.” A girl with black hair spat, shoving Dakota as hard as she could.

Dakota flew right into another person who shoved her into someone else who in turn shoved her deeper into the crowd before she knew it, she was sucked into the mosh pit. Punches were thrown, knocking Dakota straight onto her arse. Blood was spilling out of her nose and down the front of her blouse.

“Stop! Stop now!” Ben’s voice yelled through the microphone.

The music stopped and Dakota laid on the ground, curled up into a ball. She felt arms wrap around her and lift her up off the ground. Dakota started getting very lightheaded and passed out right as Ben carried her onto the stage.

Image

Ben ignored the fans in the crowd that were grabbing at him as he jumped into the crowd to pick Dakota up. She was a bloody mess, literally. He got her up onto the stage and started to smell the blood. It was so hard to resist but he had to. Ben kept his fangs from popping out and quickly headed backstage.

Danny finished the last few songs with the rest of the band minus Ben who was busy trying to clean Dakota up. He wet down a washcloth and wiped the blood away from her face. A good amount of it was on her blouse though, so he carefully pealed the shirt off her skin and tossed it in the trash. The blood had soaked through her shirt a little bit so he wiped down her torso a bit as well. His shirt was a bit sweaty but he took it off and put it on her instead.

“That was fucking brilliant!” James, the bands drummer announced as he made his way into the dressing room where Dakota and Ben were.

He poured his bottle of water over himself then pointed at Dakota, “whose tha bird?”

“Ben’s mate.” Danny snickered following Cameron and Sam

Cameron wiped the sweat off his face with a towel, “That’s the broad that was knocked on her arse.”

“She’s got a nice rack.” Sam shrugged.

Ben glared at his band mates and brushed some of Dakota’s hair out of her face. Jackson their tour manager knocked on the door.

“Guys we have to be at the airport in an hour.”

Ben looked down Dakota and made the quick decision to take her back home with him. She was seventeen and would eighteen in a month so Ben figured it would look like a runaway situation, not like really anyone would care anyhow.

“Ay the broad gets to go?” Sam questioned as they all headed to their bus.

Ben nodded, “She ain’t no broad, names Dakota.”

Danny sniffed the shirt that Dakota had been wearing before following the group out of the room, “And she smells good too.”