Dakota

Six

Dakota woke up to find that the door was open and Ben was nowhere to be seen. She quickly took the opportunity to race from the room and down the hall to the main entrance, but once she touched the door handle someone forcefully pulled her back.

“Now what do yeh think yer doin’ love?” James asked with a sly smile.

She narrowed her eyes and quickly swung her leg up to hit him where it hurts but he caught her foot and lifted her up in the air by it. Dakota hung upside down and screamed bloody murder. Before too long Danny came into the room and forced James to set the brunette on the ground.

“Bastard” She screamed angrily, charging at him only to run into a wall.

He moved fast which made sense with how fit he was so she didn’t think much of it. The second time she charged at him, Danny wrapped his arms around her and held her so tight she thought for sure there would be bruises.

“You’re crushin’ meh.” She barely breathed out.

Danny smiled, “Are yeh gunnuh quit that escaping business?”

Dakota nodded as best as she could and was swiftly dropped onto the floor by Danny. He walked off with James, talking about some broad that he had slept with. She laid on the ground for a good couple of minutes, trying to regain enough strength to sit up.

“Jackwagon” She mumbled to herself, getting off the ground.

Her eyes wandered over to look at the door but she was afraid that Danny would actually crush her this time, so she avoided the front door and headed off in a different direction to see if she could find another way out. The door that had Ben’s name on it came in view and curiosity took over. She looked around, making sure that no one saw her before heading into his room. It was a tad messy. Clothes were strewn everywhere except for the laundry hamper. The walls were a light grey color and he had hard floors instead of carpet. She was about to leave his room when something caught her eye.

In the corner of the room there was a book on the nightstand. It didn’t look like an ordinary book though. The book had a strange glow to it which almost seemed to be summoning her to look at it. Dakota tiptoed over to the book and squinted trying to read the lettering on the front.

“Curiosity killed the cat.” Ben’s voice startled her, causing her to drop the book.

Dakota spun around fast to come face to face with Ben. He breathed cigarette smoke in her face causing her to cough. She waved the smoke out of her face and found that the room had gotten gravely quiet. Both of them just stared at each other for a few minutes. Ben crushed his cigarette in the ashtray on his nightstand without taking his eyes off the brunette who hadn’t looked away either.

He stood up and leaned down at bit so that their lips were only inches apart. She was almost hypnotized by his movements. Ben glanced at her lips then up at her eyes. Dakota felt her heart beating loud and fast, reminding her of one of those cheesy romance novels. Ben closed the spaced between their lips and Dakota went into shook. She had no idea what to do, since she had never kissed a boy before.

“Just follow me, love.” Ben whispered then went to kiss her again.

This time once Ben pressed his lips gently against hers, she kissed back. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Dakota stood up on her tiptoes with her arms wrapped around the back of his neck. His hands roamed up and down her back, everyone in a while grabbing her arse. Dakota’s heart was racing faster and she felt on top of the world. All that mattered right now was this kiss, it didn’t even matter that the rest of the guys were peaking in the doorway.