Status: hiatus

Soul Searching

Crazy

"Wow," Marcia slowly spins around in the foyer. "This place is bigger than it looks."

Anastacia nods, "yeah, tell me about it."

Marcia smiles, "so, do I get the grand tour."

"I don't really even know my way around this place," she shrugs.

"I wanna see your room, then."

Anastacia nods, rubbing her hands together.

Image


"This place isn't so bad," Marcia shrugs, flipping the page of the months-old magazine. "It's just... old."

Anastacia shakes her head, "no, I'm telling you. There are other people in this house."

"Where are they, then?" Marcia shakes her head, slowly sitting up off the bed.

"I don't know, they always come out when it's just me..."

Marcia slowly nods, "uh huh."

Slowly, Anastacia looks at the other girl. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"Not really?"

"I swear to God, they're here."

Marcia nods again, "I'm sure they are."

Anastacia's jaw drops.

"What are you on, Stacie?"

"I'm not on drugs! I swear," Anastacia shakes her head.

Marcia nods, "so you're just crazy? Even better."

Anastacia scoffs, "I'm not crazy, Marcia!"

"And I'm not leaving right now," she picks her duffle bag up. "I actually thought you were a pretty cool girl, Stacie. And, normally, I can do coockie. I can't do crazy, though."

Dumbfounded, Anastacia stands in the same spot for a few moments before running after Marcia. "You have to believe me!"

Marcia turns around, with her hand on the front door's knob. "I don't have to anything, Stacie. I'll see you on Monday."

Anastacia sighs as the front door closes behind Marcia. Covering her face, she shakes her head, "shit."

Two knocks on the front door make her jump though, and she watches Constance poke her head in. "Oh, Anastacia!"

"Hi, Constance." Anastacia rests a hand at the base of her neck. "What brings you over here?"

She shrugs, "oh, nothin'. I just figured you'd like some company. Maybe you wanna come over to my house and have lunch?"

Anastacia slowly nods, "yeah, that sounds nice."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think so far?

Don't forget to comment, recommend (and subscribe if you haven't already). It means a lot to me.

xoxo