Status: hiatus

Soul Searching

Intruder Alert

Moving a picture frame over slightly on the long dresser, the young woman slowly tilts her head to the right.

"It looks good there," the words slip out of his lips before he can stop them.

The girl looks over her shoulder, eyes slightly narrowing in on the intruder. "Can I help you?"

He smirks, "I just thought I'd introduce myself."

"Who let you in the house?"

"Moira," the stranger answers simply.

The girl slowly looks the boy over, crossing her arms. "Well, say whatever it is you're gonna say."

He smirks, staring down at the young woman. "I saw you carrying your bags in the other day; I thought I'd be a polite neighbor and come introduce myself."

She stays in the same, stoic, position.

"My name's Tate."

Her plump lips purse slightly, before they part as she speaks, "my name is Stacie."

"Is that short for something?"

"Anastacia." she shrugs.

He smirks, "that's a beautiful name."

Her eyes narrow again, as her arms cross. She leaves Tate standing at the threshold of her room, moving back to the dresser.

"Do you have OCD, or something like that?"

Anastacia’s hand drops midair and she spins around, "what's it to you?"

"You keep messing with a stupid picture frame," Tate shrugs.

She shakes her head, "I just started moving it."

"You've been dicking around with it for the past fifteen minutes," he says quietly, walking into the room.

Anastacia glares at Tate as he crosses the room, stopping in front of the dresser. "What'd you do, stand in my doorway for fifteen minutes?"

"Actually, I did. You need pay more attention to your surroundings... especially in this house."

Her blue eyes narrow, "is that a threat?"

He shrugs, with a smirk playing his lips, "a friendly warning."

Anastacia crosses her arms, "a friendly warning?"

Tate shrugs, "I better head home."

The girl quickly moves around the taller boy, shaking her head. "You're not leaving until you explain, Tate."

He smiles down at her.

"Well," she shrugs.

Tate smirks, walking toward her bed and taking a seat. "I used to live here."

Anastacia stands in the same spot.

"Strange things have always happened at this house. Nothing will hurt you... but you can get really scared if you don't watch your back."

She slowly moves closer, "what kind of strange things?"

The tall young man shrugs, a smirk still lingering on his face. “I guess you’ll just have to pay attention and keep an open mind to find out, huh?”

“I don’t think you’re serious.” Anastacia’s words do not hold the force needed to sound committed to her own opinion. “You’re just trying to scare me.”

Tate laughs lightly, shrugging again. “Suit yourself. I’ll see you around.”

Anastacia’s gaze follows Tate’s tall frame until it is out of the room and the door is shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be afraid to comment -- I don't bite.

xoxo