Status: hiatus

Soul Searching

Friend

"You're not like most girls who are... like you. Did you know that?"

Anastacia nearly drops her mascara wand in the sink as she turns around. "Can I help you?"

The other young woman steps into the bathroom with a shrug, "you're not a stuck up bitch. That's cool."

"Who are you?" Anastacia shakes her head, capping her mascara tube.

The other girl smiles, "my name's Violet. I used to live here."

"I don't think she wants to talk to you," Tate says sternly from the doorway of the bathroom.

Violet slowly turns around, causing the end of her long dress to swell slightly. "You can't decide what she wants, Tate."

"You're making her uncomfortable."

Violet smirks, "not nearly as uncomfortable as you're gonna make her."

"Get out," Tate growls.

Violet shakes her head, "you're not the boss of me, Tate."

Tate looks away from Violet, "tell her to go away, Stace."

Violet quickly spins around, her long, light brown hair flowing just like her dress had. "Don't! Please don't."

Anastacia stands with the mascara tube in her hand.

"Don't tell me to go away, please. I just wanna be your friend."

"You can't be her friend, Violet."

"I can be a better friend than you, Tate."

Anastacia rocks back and forth on her heels, "I'm trying to get ready for school, guys."

"That's your cue, Violet," Tate growls, stepping further into the bathroom.

"You should probably leave, too," Violet says as she walks toward the bathroom door, "give her a little privacy."

Tate shrugs, "I keep her company. I'm her friend."

Anastacia watches as Tate slams the door in Violet's face. "What the hell?"

Tate turns away from the door, "you should've told her to go away, Stacie."

"Why? She seems nice, but how did she get in the house?"

"Moira probably let her in. And she's trouble, trust me."

Anastacia turns back to the mirror, finishing her final coat of mascara. "Why would Moira let her in if she was such a trouble maker?"

Tate crosses his arms, "some people are better at hiding it than others."

"Yeah, I guess." Anastacia shrugs, walking across the bathroom and opening the door.

Image


"You look bugged out," Marcia says quietly.

Anastacia shrugs, sitting on the locker room bench.

"What happened?" The captain puts her hands on her narrow hips. "Something happened."

"Do you know a girl named Violet?"

Marcia's eyes narrow and she shakes her head. "It's been, like, a year since anyone with that name went here."

"Good job tonight, Stacie."

Anastacia gives her teammate a smile as they walk by.

Marcia's eyes are still narrowed, "what happened at the house?"

Quickly, Anastacia shakes her head. "Forget it."

"No, I need to see what's going on," Marcia smiles. "I wanna come over this weekend."

"Maybe we can take a rain check?" Anastacia speaks quickly as she stands up and picks her duffle bag up.

Marcia crosses her arms as she watches the youngest varsity cheerleader walk out of the locker room.

Image


"You're not trying to off yourself, are you?"

Anastacia jumps slightly, bracing her hands on the dresser. "No, I'm not."

"You a pill popper?"

"Not quite but if you keep sneaking up on me, I may need to find a way to ease my anxiety."

Violet smiles, watching Anastacia dry swallow the pill. "I wouldn't recommend offing yourself that way, anyway."

"You prefer gunshot?" Anastacia inquires, climbing onto her bed.

Violet scoffs, "no. It's just... the pills leave behind a brutal stomachache."

"I would never off myself, okay?"

The other girl slowly sits on the edge of the bed, "never say never."

Anastacia slowly blinks, running her hands through her damp hair. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see," Violet says. “Just… go to sleep.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? Questions? Comments?

xoxo