Status: Beginning!

An Undeniable Need

Should Have Known

Evanna had never thought DeAnn would go after Zach. She thought that DeAnn had more class and respect than that, for DeAnn knew everything that happened with Evanna and Zach. When DeAnn met Zach at a work Christmas party Evanna could see the look in DeAnn's eyes, but thought nothing of it.

"Dee!" Evanna smiled upon seeing her work friend. Evanna pulled Zach along towards the bar where her friend DeAnn was.

The girls hugged and Zach watched on, smiling. He loved how happy she was at work and around her friends.

"Zach," Evanna smiled, turning back around and grabbing his hand. "This is my friend DeAnn. Dee, this is my fabulous boyfriend Zach."

The look on DeAnn's face when she saw Zach was one that Evanna had seen a million times before. She thought nothing of it because girls gave Zach that look daily.

Zach extended his right hand, shaking DeAnn. "Nice to meet you."

DeAnn nodded, clearly unable to speak. She simply smiled and nodded quickly. Zach was always professional and kind. He smiled at her and let go of her hand before turning his eyes back to Evanna. His eyes were always on Evanna.

"There's food over there," Evanna smiled. "Let's go!"

They got to the buffet table and began to fill up a plate of food to share. They got their plate and sat down at a table.

"She's nice," Zach stated, referring to DeAnn. "Made me feel a little weird with the way she stared at me, though."

Evanna laughed. "Yeah, she's like that. She's harmless though."

"Doesn't matter," Zach smiled, putting a hand on her neck gently. "You're the only one I want anyways."

"Are you looking to get lucky tonight, Parise?" Evanna smiled, running her foot up his shin. "Because you're definitely saying all the right things."

"I'll get lucky anyways," Zach smirked, rubbing his fingertips into the back of her neck. He laughed when she sent him a playful glare. She glared, but she knew that it was true. Zach Parise in a suit? He always gets lucky that way.

"There's my boss," Evanna stated, pointing to a middle aged man in a suit. Zach smiled and stood up.

"I was hoping to avoid him all night," Evanna replied. "You know, keep a low profile?"

"Not tonight, love." Zach smiled, extending his hand to her. "Let's go."

Evanna had been trying to leave her ad agency to go to another for months so she had been trying to detach herself from her boss and her work associates so she could leave quietly. Zach knew she'd never leave the ad agency. She loved it too much.

"Mr. Jared, good evening." Evanna smiled, shaking hands with her boss.

"Evanna, how are you?" Her boss smiled. He was a friendly older gentlemen. Evanna did like him and was thankful to have such a nice boss.

"I'm good! How are you?"

"Fine, thank you." Mr. Jared smiled, but kept his eyes on Zach.

"This is my boyfriend Zach," Evanna stated, putting a hand on the small of his back.

"Zach Parise," Zach smiled, shaking Mr. Jared's hand firmly. "Nice to meet you. Ev has told me lots about you!"

Evanna had never mentioned that she was dating Zach. The people in the office knew that she had a boyfriend, but she had never mentioned his name. She felt it wasn't anyone's business who she was dating.

They talked with her boss a little more before heading back to Evanna's house.

"Well done tonight, Parise." Evanna smiled as Zach held her up against a wall. Evanna unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it off of his broad, muscular shoulders. "I'm impressed."

"It's what I do," Zach smirked, running hands up the inside of her thighs beneath her dress. "Impress."

Evanna laughed lightly and gripped onto his tense biceps. He kissed along her neck, pushing her hair out of the way. She pushed her body closer to his when he kissed the spot on her neck near her jawline. Zach smiled and wrapped his arms around her midsection and lifted her up with ease. He carried her towards her bedroom laying her on her bed.

Zach was right. If he did anything it was impress. Everywhere. On the ice, off the ice, it didn't matter. The man was a God amongst mere mortals at everything he did. Sex was not excluded. He had the greatest hands in the world.

Zach easily found her zipper and slid her dress off of her. He was careful to lay it on the ottoman that sat at the end of her bed.

"Pants off, please." Evanna ordered, sitting up in bed and undoing his belt. Zach laughed and put a hand in her hair as he stood in front of her. Zach stepped out of his pants and then crawled onto the bed with her, pinning her hands down on the bed.


Evanna laid on the side of the bed that Zach would usually sleep on. She wondered why she hadn't noticed it. She never had a moment of doubt in her mind. She had assumed that Zach would stay with her even though they were so different. She figured she had enough sex appeal and common interests with him to make him stay.

She missed him, she really did. Evanna didn't regret the fact that she had voiced that she didn't want to get married to anyone, even Zach, but that didn't mean she wasn't upset about it. She had wanted to be with Zach forever, but marriage just wasn't for her.

The fact that DeAnn was marrying the love of Evanna's life was the highest form of betrayal. The fact that she was even invited to this less than sacred union was the icing on top of it all.

A part of Evanna wanted to ruin the wedding. To stand up and say that Zach didn't belong with DeAnn. Zach belonged with Evanna and only her. She knew would never do it. She would never ruin Zach's happiness simply because she wanted him back. She loved him too much to ruin anymore of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally here's another chapter of Zach! I hope you all like it! Please let me know what you think!