The "I" In Lie

In Reality...

His voice on the phone had been set in a disappointed tone.

"I want to see you, but I can't get away."

I knew why. I always knew. And... I've accepted it.

"It's alright." I try and hide my disappointment.

He gave a soft growl, to himself, "I'll... I'll try and get out of this dinner thing she wants me to come to."

There was a click after.

He never said I love you. He never said bye. He never called me pet names.

Never over the phone.

When we were alone, it was a free for all. I was his sweetie, his baby, everything under the sun. I love yous were thrown around like they were going out of style.

But, not when he was away. Phone calls, I wasn't addressed by name. I was a simple time and a date. Sometimes a place.

I was nothing more than a "business meeting" over the phone.

Alone, I was everything. I was the wife. I was the one and only. I was the last.

In reality, I wouldn't ever be those things and I've accepted it.

Why?

Because I love Pete. I love everything about him. Even though he has a wife, it didn't stop me from continuing our rendezvous. Once that gold band was slipped off his finger, he was mine.

Forever and always. Happily ever after below the waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story... hopefully I can keep up with this one.
It's based off the Patrick Stump song, go listen to it if you ever get the chance, I love it :)
thanks for reading

xo alison santi