The "I" In Lie

Married In My Mind

Pete slept on my couch, while I sat on my kitchen counter drinking green tea and reading Cosmo. I was deep in thought, trying not to think, and yes it was working. I hadn't told Pete the truth, and so far, after forcing myself to catch up on Cosmo, I had thought about it.

I was sick to my stomach about her being pregnant. So sick, I vomited and I now refuse to say or even think her name. I was jealous of her, I hated her, I didn't even want the fact that she was alive known to me. I wanted her gone, but I wasn't psychotic. I'm not like those women you see on those TV shows who go overboard and kill a woman who they're jealous of.

I refuse to let myself go that far.

I also abandoned my mission to tell Pete the truth. I couldn't, I didn't want him to know. How would it be? He couldn't choose me, I don't even believe he would. It's a gun fight and all I own is a pocket knife.

Besides, he'd probably believe I was trying to make it all about me. A big composition that screams: Me, Me, Me! She has me beat. She has a ring, she has a baby. I have... Nothing.

"Baby you're a firework, c'mon and make your colors burst!" - I jolt from my intense reading of an article on Kim Kardashian. 

She's calling. He groans from the couch, sits up and curses, "Yeah?"

I swallow some tea and narrow my eyes back to the magazine. My eyes are a bit fuzzy, I make a mental note to visit an eye doctor soon.

"...Because I don't want to... I'm somewhere--Clearing my head... No... I don't know when..." My ears perk up, "I don't want to... Because you lied... I'll talk to you later--Yeah, bye."

Pete sounded upset, my feelings for him heat up. I suddenly want to walk in there and comfort him. It's none of my business, he really want that. Comfort is probably the last thing he'd want from me. Still, I wish I knew if it would be okay, but I couldn't risk it.

I was back to reading the article when I heard him coming in the kitchen. His short was still off, the tattooed thorn wreath around his neck was exposed; the one tattoo was fascinated with. It reminded me of Jesus Christ; Pete is my God.

"Hey," He spoke softly, "What're you drinking?"

I smiled softly as he took my Hellboy mug I gotten from Comic Con the following year, and took a sip. He licked his lips after, "Green tea with honey." I told him.

"That's good." He set the mug down beside me.

"My sister thinks its gross." I said absentmindedly.

Pete hopped on the counter beside me, "What're you reading?"

"Cosmo."

I saw the smirk, "Ah, Cosmo," His voice had a snarky tone, "Any tips on how to please your man?"

My heart thumped happily at his words, "Yes, actually. And I saw the page that you circled with the ice trick." I smirked back at him.

He laughed, "Cosmo is made up of amazing tricks, honey." He leant forward and kissed the corner of my lips, trailing down to my jaw and up my earlobe, "You liked it, no?"

I giggled, "Of course I did."

"Did you read the one about pleasing yourself?" His voice was husky in my ear.

"Hmm, maybe..."

He teeth scraped gently at my earlobe, "Self Stimulation: Using Your Man As A Tool."

I was instantly on alert, my body quivered at his words, I couldn't even respond. His hand clamped onto my thigh, and I dropped the magazine into the floor. His lips pressed against my jaw now, leaving hot kisses down to my neck and towards my chest.

His hand moved up to cup my breast, "Clothes are no longer needed when I'm here, okay?"

I nodded dumbly, "Okay."

Pete dropped his hand, jumped off the counter and stood in front of me. He pulled my tank top off, then pulled my shorts off; all of this was fast and boggled my mind. I was completely naked now, Pete picked me up, "Wrap your legs around me." He ordered.

I did as he said, his mouth found mine and he began to carry me towards my couch. He sat down with me in his lap, he pulled away, "Sit up a minute."

I did as he said, he pulled his briefs down so he was nude too, and the he laid back on the length of the couch and I was sitting right below his crotch. He licked his lips, "Did you read it?" He asked.

I bit my lip and shook my head, "No."

He propped up on the couch pillow, "I'll guide you."

I nodded again, waiting my instructions. The thought alone had me creaming up a storm. Pete felt it, his hands wondering, and smirking, "Take your hands," He took my hands in his and grabbed his erect member gently, "Stimulate yourself. No penetration."

I could barely concentrate with how turned on I was. I slowly stroked him, then did as he said, moving my body over his and used his cock to stimulate myself. A moan escaped my mouth, my body was hot and already the fire was building as I rub Pete against myself. Our lower halves were wet, soaking, and I had even orgasmed. 

"Talk to me." He whispered his infamous words.

"It feels so good," I sputtered, swallowing thickly, "I'm not gonna last Pete."

His hands moved up and down on my hips, finding my breast and pinching my nipples. I sucked in a breath, "Shit, it feels good."

Pete growled under his breath, the growl that drove me crazy, and he sat up, pushing me into my back. Without much effort he entered me quickly; he thrusted hard, pinning my hands above my head. I cried out, my body craved him, I was on the brink. Pete picked up a fast pace, our orgasms were within seconds of each other; hard, fast and quick.

The event was near blinding, I squeezing my muscles hard against him and wrapped my legs around his waist. He figured his hips, grounding into me until we were both coming down from our highs. He hovered over me, his lips were against mine, starting a soft and slow kiss.

Right in that moment, I wanted to tell him I loved him. I wished I could have, those three words were right at the top of my lungs. I kept my arm wrapped around him, and surprisingly he didn't move. He kept kissing me, our warm bodies stuck together and our breathing slowing back to normal.

•••

Pete was still inside my house hours later. Even more surprising was that he was holding onto me on my couch. The TV played his favorite movie; Closer, and he had his arms wrapped around my nude body, while his head rested on my stomach. 

Pete didn't say a word beforehand, he just got up, grabbed a sheet from my hall closet, came back to the couch and laid on top of me and covered us with the sheet. My breast were exposed, but that was it; we were quietly watching the movie and drifting in and out of sleep. I felt like we were an actual couple; we were married in my mind, happily together.

For once there was no wife. There was just us. Me and Pete, together; married in my mind.

When the movie had ended, he sat up, "I'm hungry. How about you?"

"I could use some pizza." I said stifling a yawn.

He got up, "I'll pop some in the oven. Don't move, keep your cute ass on that couch." 

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Whatever you say."

He leant over and kissed my lips quickly before covering me with the sheet and leading off to the kitchen. My heart was going erratic, I felt on the brink of a heart attack because I was exponentially happy. I was sure my cheeks would burst out rainbows and more smiles.

I could only imagine that it wouldn't last, but I didn't care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pink Triangle by Weezer is my favorite song; yes I know it's about falling in love with a lesbian, but the words worked here
Thank you for continuing to read :)

xoali