The "I" In Lie

Crash and Wash

I fumbled with my keys as I tried to shoved them into the ignition. Just as I got it in, he tapped on my window. I bit at my lip, wondering if I should just take off. 

I sighed and looked over; Pete looked at me with those pleading eyes I knew so well. The look he'd give me when he wanted to try something new in bed. I couldn't help but to turn my car on and roll my window down.

"Hey." he said softly, "How are you?"

I looked up at him, "I'm fine, how are you?"

He knelt down, his eyes keeled with me, "I'm good... Me and Michelle broke up."

My brows shot up, "Oh... Oh yeah?"

He nodded, "Yeah. I came to give her a gift. She told me she saw you, but didn't know if it was you or not."

"I work there now." I spoke softly.

"I thought you were leaving." Pete's voice grew low too.

I opened my mouth to explain, to lie, when my phone went off. I suddenly remembered Ryan. He was the real reason -as I keep telling myself- that I was staying in LA.

"Give me a second." I said to Pete.

Pete didn't respond; I grabbed my phone from my pocket and answered, "Ry, I'm sorry, I'm coming."

Ryan's funny laugh rang on the other side, "It's okay, Al, you aren't late. I was just calling to ask what do you want to drink?"

My eyes drifted to Pete as he got up and walked around my car and opened the passenger side and got in. I swallowed, "Uh, you know, I like whatever."

He chuckled, "Babe, I'm not sure what I want. I kinda want you to pick."

I smiled at the thought, "Are you at the grocery store?"

"Yeah."

My smile dropped when I felt Pete's hand on my thigh. I looked at him with a frown and slapped his hand away; "Uh, get something sweet."

"Do you wanna get drunk?" again, he laughed.

I wanted to get off the phone and get Pete away, "Uh, sure."

The way I spoke, I knew Ryan could sense something was wrong. His usually funny laugh and voice didn't a company his voice, "Are you alright, Aly?" his voice was laced with concern.

"I'm fine," I exhaled, "I'm going home right now."

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I gave a small laugh to comfort him, "Don't strain yourself at the store, babe."

I could actually feel his smile through the phone, "I won't, I'll see you soon."

"Okay, bye Ryan."

"Bye."

I hung up and looked at Pete; I was surprised that his hand was back on my thigh. I hadn't even noticed; "What do you want?"

"Is that the same guy from the restaurant?" he asked with his jaw set.

"Yes, that's Ryan, my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend." Pete stated.

"Yes, boyfriend." I exasperated, "Now, what is it that you need?"

His hand ran up and down my thigh, "I just wanted to see how you were."

"I'm fine, as you can see, now will you please remove your hand from my thigh." I tried to speak sternly and confidently, but I was slowly crumbling at his touch.

Pete leant forward, "I missed you, Aly." his mouth found my jaw, he slowly began to nibble on my skin.

"Pete, I can't do this," I exhaled, I was falling hard, "I have a boyfriend, I really like him."

"He won't know." his lips moved to my ear, "Drive somewhere secluded and we can do what we used to."

I felt huge conflict in my brain, but my body was calling to Pete. My body wanted him, even my heart begged for him. I couldn't stop myself; "Okay."

Pete kissed my lips, "I'll follow you." he got out and went to his own car.

•••

Pete's SUV has a large back seat; its comfortable, even with me lying on my stomach. My clothes were shed on the floor with Pete's; he was behind me, slowly stroking with his hands tight against my waist. The only thought in my head was how good I felt and how badly I missed Pete.

My body surged with familiar goodness and happiness I hadn't felt in ages. I cried out, I fingers gripping the vinyl of the seat, stretching it out. I was on the verge of tearing it open.

I felt my orgasm crash as Pete's seed coated my tightening walls. He groaned, then slumped over my back and encircled his arms around my stomach. I fell on my stomach and began to pant, feeling Pete's stomach stick to my back with sweat. His hands caressed my breast, his mouth sucked on the back of my neck.

"I have to go." I said softly, feeling guilt wash over me.

Pete's lips moved from the back of my neck, "I know."

I removed his hands, sat up and began to put my work attire back on. I felt sick, I wanted to go home and wash Pete off. I couldn't believe I cheated on Ryan.

Ryan of all people is the sweetest man I have ever been with. He never used me. He likes me and I like him. I needed to go home and be with him. I couldn't confess this, I knew it would never happen again.

"I want to see you again," Pete said as I began to open the door.

"No." I said hurriedly, "I can't do that to Ryan."

"We did it to my wife." he started as he began to dress himself.

He had me there. I couldn't even think of a reason now to say why we couldn't, even if I had a boyfriend. I hated myself for that.

"Bye Pete." I said quietly and climbed out of his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was bound to happen.