The "I" In Lie

In Secrecy

I met Pete while I was a bartender for his bar. I was hired by his co-owner, Joe, and I didn't meet Pete until a year after I started working there.

He had come up to the bar, grinning at me. He had mouth a hello as the music vibrated and deafened us. I had admired his smile, the way it never seemed to disappear. It made me feel something... I can't describe how it made me feel, really. For sure I was attracted to him, that's all I can tell you.

He had ordered 4 champagne bottles to the VIP lounge and I had smiled and nodded, making at note of it. I had turned, got the bottles and delivered them. Pete, he was still smiling, he took the bottles from me. And, like a magician, he was able to slip a piece of paper into my palm. He winked when he knew I had felt it, and I quickly turned away to keep it quiet.

I had unfolded the note, wondering if it was a joke or something. But, I opened it and read it: Hey, I'm Pete, I noticed how beautiful you are and I had to let you know. Joe told me a bit about you, so I know who you are. This is my number, gimme a call sometime.

I had looked back, but Pete wasn't facing me. I had weird butterflies swarming then. Well, any time he's around or calls, I usually feel all gooey inside.

After I had gotten off of work, I went home and waited until the morning to call him. All the while I had paced my small, red brick apartment with my cell phone in hand. I was quite nervous and wondered, again, if it were a joke, or not.

Finally, I grew some balls and dialed his number. It rang 3 times before he answered.

"Hey, you decided to call." His voice was funny and smooth. I could just imagine his never ending smile on the other end.

"Uh, yeah." I replied softly.

"You must think I'm a creep, don't you?" He chuckled softly.

"Not really... Well," I paused while he laughed again, as did I, "I was a bit confused and worried."

"You don't have to worry about me, honey. I won't hurt you."

It was obvious then that we would hook up. I'm not an easy girl, but for Pete... I was. I mean, we hooked up only a week later.

In secrecy. 

I didn't know until that night that he was married. Yes, newly married. He and his wife had been together for over a year, married for 4 months.

That night I also found myself fearing my life without him. Only a week of knowing this man and already I was in love with him. I knew Pete wouldn't love me so quickly, but he would eventually. That's what I believe, then and now, it's only a matter of time.

When we're alone, it isn't always just sex, sex, sex. We talk and watch movies. We're like a regular couple, only we don't go out...

I can't help myself, I love him so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll get to present sense soon
Thanks for reading