The "I" In Lie

All ***ed Up

It wasn't who you think. It was a very pregnant Michelle. She looked ready to pop, but she couldn't have been that far along.

"What're you doing here?" I asked out of surprise and habit.

"So, you keep on lying to me?" she shoved her way through my house, "You said it was over!"

She was shouting at Pete, who looked angry and surprised, "Did you fuckin' follow me?" he snapped at her.

"Yes, I did! I followed you!" she growled, "You're still seeing her?!"

"He isn't seeing me." I told her.

Michelle cut her eyes to me, "Bullshit! I knew you were fucking him the moment I met you at the super market!"

"Yeah, so?" I narrowed my eyes; I was ready to let loose, "You weren't doing your goddamn job as a wife!"

Her eyes went wide, she looked ready to kill, "How dare you?! You don't know me!"

"Apparently I do, because your shitty fucking husband wouldn't come crawling to me whenever he could!"

Michelle would've pounced on me if she could. She reached out to grab me, but Pete pulled her back and I moved; "You bitch!"

"Fuck you! Fuck you and fuck Pete! Get out of my house!"

She shoved Pete away, "I don't want him anymore! I hope you enjoy the rest of your boring sex life."

"Bitch, are you broken or something?" I questioned angrily, "Nothing was boring between us!"

Her eyes narrowed, "Believe me, honey, you must be easy to please. He is boring."

I laughed at her, "God, something must be wrong with you. I don't even know why I'm defending him as much as I am." 

Michelle was set to fire back, but Pete stopped her, "Just go home."

"Fuck you, Pete," she smacked him hard, "I can't believe you would choose her over me."

"Didn't you hear the shit you just said?" Pete spoke in a disbelieved tone, "You said it, you think I'm boring. I can't do shit with you the way I could with Aly."

She shoved him, "Fine. Fine, have her. Fuck you. I hope you know," she got in his face now, "This baby may not be yours."

My eyes went wide at her words. Pete's jaw slacked, and his eyes glossed over. "What?"

"Yeah, I knew you were screwing someone behind my back, that's why I did it too." she turned towards the door, "I hope this baby isn't yours." with that, she left my house and slammed the door behind her.

The silence was deafening. Pete and I just stood there. Then, Pete fell onto the couch, his face still in it's shocked expression. I licked my lips and sat beside him; even with whatever went down, I always have to comfort him. It's in my nature and my heart.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, "You'll be okay." I told him, "You'll be fine."

He shook his head, "This is fucked up."

"Yeah, I know." 

He sighed, "I'm gonna go now," he made a move to get up, but I held him back, "What?"

"Just sit. You're in shock, I think. Just sit here and relax. Take a breath."

"I need to go home." he said quietly.

"You'll go home later, she might be there--"

"I moved out a few weeks ago." he answered quickly.

"Oh," I bit at me lip, "Well, I want you to be clear headed when you leave, so please sit and think. I don't want you to do anything irrational."

Pete looked at me, "Thanks."

"Yeah," I let him go, "I'll get you a drink. Don't move."

He gave a nod and leaned back. I got up and went to the kitchen; I grabbed a beer for Pete and then returned. He was staring off, but he looked at me when I lent out the beer; "Thanks." he murmured again.

"Are you hungry?"

He shook his head, "Not now."

"Let me know when you are, I can go get you something."

Pete have another nod, "Alright, thanks."

I patted his shoulder, "No problem."

I turned to go to the bathroom and take a breather. I need to think myself, about Pete, and what to say to Ryan. I had nearly forgotten about him for a minute.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and sat on the counter. I shut my eyes and tried to think if I wanted Ryan more than I wanted Pete. It was hard to just pick one; I had feelings for them both, and I couldn't figure who I wanted more. I knew that Ryan should be my first pick, but Pete... He used to be my everything. He was what I wanted, I couldn't just drop him.

My head was swirling when Pete knocked on the bathroom door; "Aly, I need to see you."

I jumped off the counter and unlocked the door, letting him in, "Yeah?"

"I love you." he said softly, "I do. I love you. I love you more than I ever thought I could, but," he licked over his bottom lip, "I know that you love Ryan. I know that he makes you happy."

I nodded, unable to speak.

"It's hard for me to say this, but if you don't want me, I'll go. I'll go right now and try and get my shit together." his eyes watered.

I tightened my lips, "Shit, Pete."

"What?" he asked softly.

"This is hard. I don't... God, why is this happening to me?" I wasn't going to cry, I was frustrated.

"Look, I should go--"

I grabbed his arm, "No. No, don't go yet."

"Okay," he nodded.

"I... My head is all fucked up." I wrapped my arms around Pete's neck, "I love you so much." I said against his chest.

He kissed my head, "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is hard to choose, even of it's obvious, right?
Thanks for reading :)

xoali