I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The Assignment

I gave him one last punch. A hard one that sent him falling to the ground I should have smiled. I won the fight, but I wasn’t smiling.

I looked over at my boss. He nodded at me. I grabbed the mans hand and helped him to his feet.

“Are you ok?” I asked worriedly. He nodded, his face in pain. Sure I was the one who brought the pain but that didn’t mean I didn’t care.

“Yeah,” he mumbled. I could tell he was embarrassed being beat by a girl, but he shouldn’t have been. It wasn’t that he was a bad fighter, just that I was really good.

I nodded stepping out of the fighting ring. It was just for practice. The real action happened when we were out on a case.

My name is Sam Barder and I work as an undercover agent for the FBI. I may be a girl, but I’m strong and can kick anyone’s ass. I can be mean, but deep down I like to think I’m a good person.

I walked over to Adam, my boss.

“I need to speak with you,” he informed me. I nodded and followed him to his huge office.

I had only been in it a few times, but each time I was amazed by the size.

“I love your office,” I confessed sitting down in the huge, comfy leather chair facing his desk.

“Maybe you will have one like it someday,” he said sitting down in his office chair.

“Maybe,” I answered not sure of what else to say.

I liked my job, but I didn’t love it. I liked helping people, but hurting people was something I wasn’t ok with. Sure the danger was exciting, but the guns were just scary. The money was good though. I had a nice house, and could vacation wherever I wanted to.

“I have a case for you,” Adam said bluntly. He was never one for small talk. I guess it came with the job.

“Ok,” I said a little shocked. I had been on cases before, but most were low key. I had never had Adam call me into his office to discuss a case.

“ It’s important, and I think your right for the job,” he continued. I nodded realizing this was really important. The truth is he usually sent guys out on important cases. There were only a few girls on the squad. I knew I was the best out of all of them, but out of all the guys on the squad I wasn’t sure.

“Have you ever heard of the band Avenged Sevenfold?” he asked. I looked up surprised.

“Yeah,” I answered. Heard of them, hell I practically worshiped them.

“Good it involves them,” he said. Well now it’s getting interesting.

“What would they have to do with the FBI?” I asked.

“Have you ever heard of a man named Jonathon Samson?” he asked me. I thought about it shaking my head.

“He goes by Big Jon,” he muttered.

“Sorry I don’t know him,” I said still wondering what this was all about.

“Well he’s the leader of a huge gang, we have been trying to catch him for years,” he said. I thought back to some of the files I had read and finally I recognized the name.

“He was involved in a case two years ago about a drug dealer where six people died,” I recalled. Adam nodded.

“He has killed a lot more than that, and he’s escaped jail twice, he’s dangerous so I hope you are prepared, because if your not I know plenty of guys on this team who would gladly take the case,” he said.

“I’m ready,” I said excited. My first big case this was pretty exciting. Even if sometimes I regretted the job I choose, it was my life, it’s all I did. I had barely any friends because I spent so much time working, and relationships were near impossible on this job.

“Good,” he continued. “We know that somehow the band got on Big Jon’s bad list a place you don’t want to be. You need to figure out how and why, keep eyes on anyone suspicious, and above all keep them away from Big Jon.”
.
“That shouldn’t be to hard they are on tour right now,” I mumbled. I was a fan.

“Oh Big Jon has many friends, he would have no problem finding them, but you are right they are on tour, and you are going with them,” he said turning around in his chair and standing up.

“What?” I asked surprised. “Undercover?”

“Of course,” he said rummaging through some files. I watched as he pulled out some papers handing them to me.

“Cameron Backler,” I read. He nodded.

“Your new name and identity, you will be working as a main security guard traveling with the band.”

“A girl security guard?”

“You know you could beat anyone guy or girl,” he said. I nodded. I was good at fighting. I fought a lot, but I didn’t like being known as a fighter, especially not a girl fighter.

I knew I was tough, but I wanted to be sweeter, more normal. I felt like I had a sweet side, I just never knew anyone who could bring out that side in me.

“Alright,” I said looking up at him as he stood over me.

I started walking towards the door.

“Sam,” he called behind me. I turned around.

“I put my ass on the line for you, a lot of people wanted to send a guy, so please do a good job,” he said sounding less harsh than before. I nodded.

“I will sir,” I said. I knew he believed in me more than anyone else did, but I could prove all of them wrong. “I wont let you down.”

“Good be safe you have a car outside that’s going to take you to one of there concerts you will start work there and travel with them.” I nodded understanding. “And you know the rules you cant get emotionally involved.”

“I never get emotionally involved,” I answered. He smiled and dismissed me from my office. I walked out bumping into Michael, one of the leading men on our team.

“Heard you got the case,” he sneered. I nodded.

“Jealous?” I asked.

“No your going to fail, and then they will send me in, you’re a girl you cant do this,” he mumbled.

“I was a girl when I beat you yesterday in the fighting ring,” I retaliated. He muscles flexed and I could tell he was really angry.

“Really you want to fight right now, I’ll show you who the real fighter is,” he urged. I rolled my eyes.

“I would love to kick your ass again Michael, but I cant I have a case,” I said smiling. I walked passed him without looking back. I knew his whole face was read by now.

I would prove him wrong.

I walked out and got into the car that would be taking me to the concert. I got in without saying hello. I learned FBI agents aren’t the friendliest people the first day I entered the job.

The whole ride I thought about what Adam had said. ‘Don’t get emotionally involved’ I sighed. It had never been hard before, but this was a band I had been in love with for a long time. I felt like I was already emotionally involved.

But I couldn’t let Adam down, and I couldn’t prove Michael right.

The car came to a halt and I nodded towards the driver.

I got out looking at the concert. People were everywhere and I could tell it was about to begin. It was chaos, but exciting all at the same time. I could here ‘A7X’ being screamed in the back round.

I smiled. This is where it all begins.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. Sorry if that was bad or boring but it will get better.

COMMENT OR SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE IT

thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!