I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The Photo

I patrolled the hallway before the show had started. The job was to make sure no teenagers snuck in, but my real job was much more serious. I walked down multiple endless hallways growing more restless.

I stopped collapsing against the wall and sliding down it so I was sitting. I couldn’t believe I let the guy go. I failed at my job, and who knows what that guy did or found out. Maybe Adam should have sent someone else. I thought about Zacky.

I’m glad he didn’t though. I heard voices I recognized and jumped up. My plan was to avoid Zacky until my lip was better, that way I wouldn’t have to lie to him. I jumped into a closet close by closing the door, as the footsteps and voices neared.

They came to a stop near the closet door and I held my breath.

“I haven’t seen her all day, I think she is avoiding me,” A clearly upset Zacky said.

“I’m sure she is not she’s probably just really busy,” Jimmy explained.

“Maybe,” Zacky mumbled unsure. I heard his body fall in the door and slide down, just as I had done.

“Dude can I ask you something?’ Jimmy asked following Zacky’s actions.

“Of course,” Zacky said, his voice coming from lower since he was sitting down.

“Do you really care about Cam?” he asked. I held my breath again, but this time because I was nervous for the answer.

“I think I love her,” Zacky’s voice answered. My heart stopped for a moment not sure if I had heard him correctly.

“Well then we have to go play the show right now, but when it’s over I’ll help you look for her,” Jimmy said.

“Thanks,” Zacky answered. I smiled at how cute they were to each other.

They stood up and left, and I waited a few minutes before finally opening the door.

“Oh my god,” I muttered stepping out of the closet. I started walking down the hall and I realized I couldn’t stop smiling.

I sat in my tour bus looking at a few old pictures I had brought. I didn’t have anything else to do. I don’t know why I brought them especially since they just made me sad. I guess I wanted something to remind me of home.

The sad truth is though I feel the most at home here.

I picked up another picture, it was of me and my mom. I laughed looking at how mad are faces were. I sighed realizing I haven’t seen her in years. I put the picture down.

“Hey,” I heard behind me. I turned around to see Zacky.

“Hi,’ I answered sheepishly. He came over to sit next to me on the floor. I looked down, but he grabbed my chin and pulled so I was looking at him.

“What happened?” he asked worriedly, running his fingers along my lip.

“I got into a fight with someone sneaking in,” I answered.

“You shouldn’t do this job it’s dangerous,” he muttered. I shrugged.

You have no idea how dangerous.

“I don’t have any other job,” I said running my hand through his hair.

“You guys sounded great tonight,” I said changing the subject.

“No shit,’ he said proudly. I rolled my eyes. “Who is that?” he asked pointing to my mom in the picture.

“My mom, I haven’t seen her in years,’ I explained. He gave me a weird look. “We had problems,” I said. He nodded.

“What about your dad?” he asked.

“Dead,” I answered quickly. “I don’t really know where any of my family are.”

“I’m sorry,” he answered. I shrugged again letting a tear fall down my cheek. “The good news though,’ he said. “Is you have me.”

I laughed. “You sure think highly of yourself.”

“When your as talented and hot as me it comes naturally,” he said. I laughed again.

“Zacky,” I murmured, making him look at me. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” He answered pulling me into a kiss.

“I’ve never told anyone that before,” I confessed.

“Well I’m happy to be your first.”

I laughed, standing in Zacky’s arms. We were waiting for Val and Matt to come. The guys were making stupid sexist jokes, but I couldn’t help but laugh.

Finally Matt appeared.

“Cam,” I heard behind me. I turned around. “I’ll be right back,” I told Zacky and went to go talk to George.

We talked for about five minutes about mostly useless stuff, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Cam,” Matt said. “This is Val.”

He stepped aside letting Val come into my view. My mouth dropped open and I stood not sure of what to say as shock and fear ran through my body.

“Oh my god.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little shorter but I hope you like it anyway.

Thank you so much for reading. Please comment. Thank You