Status: Hiatus...for now

Life Like This

Don't stop now

I woke up this morning awfully cheerful, maybe it had to do a little with Joel asking me out this week end? Maybe…all I know is that I’m not suffering a massive hangover, which might be the first time in—well ever.

I got out of bed not bothering to change out of my shorts and bandeau, I headed downstairs and started making breakfast.

In the midst of putting together the pancake batter, my phone started going off.

“Hello?” I answered cheerfully.

“Oh thank goodness you’re awake, I thought I’d woken you up.” Jenny sighed in the other end of the phone.

I laughed as a poured the pancake mixture onto the hot griddle. “Not at all, so how’s your romantic get-away?”

“Ugh, not going so well. Let’s just say spending 16 hours next to a sweaty old guy wasn’t my initial plan.”

“Haha, I’m sorry.”

“No worries sweetheart, so how are things back in Arizona. Are the boys behaving?”

“So far so good, no ones ended up in the hospital or remotely injured so that’s good.” I said, flipping the pancakes over.

“Well that’s a relief to hear, I was expecting a call saying that one of the boys had gotten into a fight or something.”

“Trust me, if that did happen you’ll be the first person I call.”

“Good, so the reason I called was I needed a favor from you.”

“Anything for you Jenny,” I said finishing off the last batch.

“Okay, so I need you to wake the boys up for me. Get Shane dressed and ready for baseball practice, and Ross fed and packed for Camp. As for John, just get him up and moving, I don’t need him sleeping in all day.”

I laughed and took a seat on the counter. “Sure thing Jenny, quick question though…who’s the hardest to wake up?”

She laughed loudly causing the phone to rattle. “Take a guess,”

“John,”

“Ding, ding, ding, we’ve got a winner!”

“Okay, I guess I’ll save him for last.”

“Good plan, and thank you so much!”

“No problem, see you soon!”

I ended the call and through my phone on the counter. Sighing I cleaned up the huge mess I made and laid out 4 plates—yes even John gets one.

After everything was laid out, I trudged myself upstairs mentally preparing myself to wake them up. I thought I’d start with Shane since he was the youngest and actually might listen.

I slowly opened his door and crept over to his bed, carefully trying to avoid the toys scattered all over the floor. I knelt down beside him and gently shook him. His eyes popped opened and he let out a yawn.

“Morning Ashleigh,” He said. This was easier then I thought.

“Morning Bud, I made some pancakes and bacon for you.”

His eyes lit up and he jumped out of bed, “Bacon?”

I laughed and ruffled his hair, “Yes bacon, now get dressed and make sure you have all your baseball stuff ready by the door for practice. You’ve got till 10 before Mrs. Anderson is coming over to get you.”

“Okay,” he said running out of the room towards the bathroom.

“Make sure you brush thoroughly!” I yelled after him, picking up the toys from the ground, tossing them into the chest.

Next was Ross, this was going to be…interesting

I opened his door and was immediately hit with a pungent smell. Something or someone was rotting him this room. There was clothing lying all over the floor, covering the carpet. Mounds of pizza boxes and cup-a-noodle container toppled over the desk. This was such a typical teenagers room, or at least for a guy.

I decided it wasn’t safe to walk across the room to his bed so I got onto my hands and knees and started to crawl hesitantly to him. I was afraid something was going to jump out at me.
One I reached the bed, I reached out and shook him roughly knowing he wasn’t going to wake-up with a gentle shove.

“Urgh,” He groaned into his pillow.

“Wake up Ross; you’ve got to get ready for camp. And by the looks of it you’re not even packed!”

“I am too packed!” He fired back sitting up on the edge of the bed.

He shook my head and looked around. “Okay, if you say you’re packed then I assume your room is your suitcase? It seemed as if it ate all your clothing.”

“But—“

“Just get up, throw a bunch of clothing into whatever suitcase you can find and be finished. Clean or not, it doesn’t seem to matter much, one or two underwear would do it for you.” I said crawling back to the door. “And make sure to come down and eat before leaving, who knows what they’d be feeding you in the wilderness.”

I closed his door and walked down the hall towards John’s room. This was the part I was dreading. Not only do I not want to wake him up, I wish here were deep in a come never going to wake up.

But knowing I’d promise Jenny I’d wake the boys up, I kept my promise and walked into his room. I shut my eyes praying there wouldn’t be a naked girl in his bed. I opened one eye refraining myself to walk any further. To my look he was alone in his bed—well half way in bed, the other half of his was holding on the frame for dear life.

Wanting to get this over with I walked to the window and ripped the curtains open, letting the blazing sun into the room. I immediately noticed his room, the papers on his desk neatly piled, the floor wasn’t covered in clothing, in fact there wasn’t any at all. His room was polar opposite from Ross’s.

Done admiring his neatness, I was ungratefully yanked the covers off his bare body and tossed it aside. Violently I grabbed his arm and started to shake his limp body.

“Wake up Sleeping Beast.” I said.

He stayed stationary on the bed, not moving a muscle. I rolled my eyes and got on the bed and started to jump. Still he didn’t move, so I gave him a good jab with my foot causing his body to fall onto the ground, he landed with a ‘thud’.

I grinned with my work and hoped off the bed. His eyes were open and he was laying there rubbing the back of his head.

“What the hell, Ashleigh!” He screamed sitting up right.

“What?” I asked innocently.

He rolled his eyes and got up from the ground. “Why did you shove me off of my bed?”

“Because you wouldn’t wake up,” I retaliated. “Plus it wasn’t my fault your body was hanging of the bed!” He only shook his head and continued rubbing. “Ugh fine, I’m sorry. Let me go get you some aspirin for you hang-over.”

I walked downstairs and grabbed the aspirin out of the cabinet also a bottle of Gatorade. Shane was already in the kitchen helping himself to a mound of pancakes and a plateful of bacon.

“Save some for the other two too Shane, don’t want them to starve do ya?” I said walking up the stairs.

He groaned and started to chug his milk. I walked back into John’s room; he was back on the bed but this time fully on so that he wouldn’t fall off again.

I handed him the bottle and aspirin, he just took it without looking at me. He chugged the bottle and down the pill before collapsing down onto the mattress.

“Simple thanks would be nice.”

He scoffed and shifted. “Yeah thanks, whatever.”

I walked out of the room making sure I slammed the door nice and hard, that would get his headache going.

“Ross get your ass out of bed and start packing before I drag you out!” Yelled as I walked back to my room, I felt like a single mother.

I was sitting in a local coffee shop reading a book when I ran into Jared. Shane and Ross left safely this morning, but I’m saying they were on time though. Shane ate so much that he through up in Mrs. Anderson’s car, so what I’ve been told. And Ross ended up taking a handful of clothes off the floor and stuffing it into a duffel bag he found in the basement.

“Hey Ash,” He said approaching me.

I put down my book down and offered him a seat. “Why hello Mr. Monaco, pleasure to see you.”

He took a seat next to me sipping his coffee intently. “So whatcha reading?”
“Oh you know, those cliché romance novels, nothings too exciting.”

“Ah, you’re such a girl.” He teased taking a quick glance at my book.

I laughed biting my straw. “Why thank you, the last time I checked I was a girl.”

“Hardy-har-har Kenly.”

“So what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well grabbing some coffee before heading to Garrett for band practice.”

“You’re in a band?” I asked turning my attention back to him.

He nodded, “Yeah Garrett, Pat, Kennedy, John and I.”

“Wait, John?” I asked taken back, “John in a band?

“Yeah surprising eh, you know what tops it all off?” I raised my eyebrows at him. “He’s the lead singer.”

I gasped choking on my chai latte. “Wait, what no!?! You’ve got to be kidding me!” He shook his head laughing, wiping off the tea from his arm. “Oh, like I got any on you. Don’t be so dramatic.”

He stuck his tongue out at me like a little kid. “Pftt, and no I’m not kidding you, he really is the lead singer.”

“I don’t believe you.” I said.

“Well then I guess you’ll just have to wait and see don’t you?”

“I guess I have to see it to believe it.” I said tapping my chin.

He nodded his head tipping his coffee cup. “How ‘about you come to band practice with me, that should be able to convince you.”

“Sure, why not. Let’s see if you guys are any good.” I teased getting up from the chair.

He pushed my chair in for me leading me to the parking-lot. “To Garrett’s we go!”

“Ashleigh!” Pat cheered jumping into my embrace.

I laughed hugging him back. “Pat!”

“I’ve missed you best-friend!” I said still clinging onto me.

“I just saw you last night, and beside what is there to miss.”

He finally let go giving me room to breath. I made my way over to the living room greeting the rest of the guys.

“Hey Gare, Kennedy, Gabi.” I smiled sweetly. “John…”

He didn’t bother looking at me, he cracked opened a beer and started chugging.

“Ash, meet my brother Trey, our manager.” I offered him a hand shake. “And his girlfriend, who’s name is also Ashley—just spelt differently.”

“It’s nice to meet you Trey, and other Ashley.”

“Okay lets get band practice started, everyone to the lair!” Yelled Garrett, marching to the door.

“He means the garage,” Whispered Kennedy causing me to giggle.

I took a seat on the couch getting a V.I.P seat of the show. Everyone went to their spots: Jared Guitar, Garrett bass, Pat drums, Kennedy guitar, and John…mic.

He clenched his jaws and gripped onto the mic. “Okay, let’s start off with... Everything I ask for.”

Pat started off hitting the drums counting them in.

She takes her time with the little things
Love notes reminding me (reminding me)
She wears red when she's feeling hot (so hot)
I have her but it's all I got
She looks best without her clothes
I know it's wrong but that's the way it goes
I don't know what she sees in me (she looking at me)
But I'm happy that she's happy now that she's with me
And I'm freaking out because I'm just so lucky


Uhh

Oh she makes me feel like shit (it's always something)
But I can't get over it (she thinks it's nothing)
'Cause she's everything I ask for
Everything I ask for
And just a little bit more
Everything I ask for
Everything I ask for and so much more


Huh?

She loves music but she hates my band
Loves Prince, she's his biggest fan
She's not big on holding hands
But that's alright 'cause I still got her
She keeps up on current affairs
Prada is what she wears
I don't know what she sees in me (sees in me)
But I'm happy that she's happy now that she's with me
And I'm freaking out because I'm just so lucky


Oh she makes me feel like shit (it's always something)
But I can't get over it (she thinks it's nothing)
'Cause she's everything I ask for
Everything I ask for
And just a little bit more
Everything I ask for
Everything I ask for and so much more


What the…

Fist fights turn into sex
I wonder what comes next
She loves to always keeps me guessin' (guessin')
And she (she) won't (won't) give it up
And we (we) both (both) know
it's because...


Fist fight turn into sex? Huh?

I leaned over to Gabi trying to gain her attention but she was too busy dozing off at Kennedy. So I kept quiet trying to take in the lyrics.

They finally ended with the first song and everyone stared and looked at me for a reaction.

“That was very…interesting?”

“Whatever,” He muttered. “The way we talk, go.”

The Way We Talk
She's fresh to death,
She'll be the death of you,
Seduction leads to destruction.
She's fresh to death,
She'll be the death of me,
She's fresh but not so clean


She’s fresh but not so clean? Ew? Please be a figure of speech.

Cute face slim waist,
She's got em' in a craze,
Yeah I think he's going crazy.
When she speaks it makes me grind my teeth,
Yet he still thinks she's amazing.
And she's been playing games,
Ever since 98',
Shallow is as shallow does,
Some people never change.


Wow, umm.

John continued singing but this time he was staring straight at me, which freaked me out…a lot.

When the finished the second all eyes were on he again. I gulped shifted uncomfortably.

“Well um, it very—well has to do a lot with—“

“Sex?” Garrett pitched in. “Yeah we know, John Oh’s just a horny mother fucker.”

John’s face flushed red as he downed his beer, nice one Garrett.

“Haha yeah I guess.”

“So I was thinking—“ Trey started.

“Hey can we cut practice short? I’ve got somewhere to be.” John interrupted, sliding his phone back into his pocket.

Everyone turned to John giving him a weird look. “We barely started man, and we have a show this weekend!” Jared said annoyed.

“We’re gonna be fine bro.” John said as if it’s nothing.

Jared sighed and placed his guitar onto its stand. “Fine whatever, if you fuck up don’t blame us.”

“Thanks man,” John said before booking it out of the garage.

They guys put away their equipment and all gathered around the couch.

“What’s his problem?” I asked settling my feet on the coffee table.

Kennedy plopped down next to me a sighed. “Olivia, they’re on and off for the past couple of months now. No one knows what’s going on between them.”

“Ah,” I said taking a sip of beer. “Figure.”

“Hey Ash, you should come to our show this Saturday!” Pat suggested.

“Uh maybe, I kinda have a date.”

“Well bring your date to the show! I’ll be fun, you can hear some more songs that aren’t too sexual.”

I laughed shaking my head at him. “No promises.”

“So who’s up for a game of COD!?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! I'm back from Hawaii, I'm really looking forward to the next couple of chapters! Thank you to the readers and subscribers! Next up date this weekend? Hopefully. Updates with be more frequent when I finish off Listen to your heart Check out? If so read prequel, One of the guys

Ashleigh: Will post next chapter ;)

-Andrea :3

P.S sorry for the mistakes, I'm not fond of proof reading...