Writer's Block

One Shot

"This guy is boring." Gerard huffs, peering through the window.

I disagree. I think he's fascinating. Even when he's doing ordinary, everyday things, he manages to keep my attention.

"Well, he's at home by himself. What do you expect?" I argue. I don't tell him I'm fascinated.

Gerard is scribbling furiously in his notebook, trying his hardest to get the details of his face right. I tell him the eyes aren't big enough. He flips the page and starts over. I don't know what Gerard expected. He wanted to do a comic that demonstrated the strange things people do when they think they're alone. He wanted to get inside someone's head. Why not the neighbor? We could always see inside his house. The window was always wide open.

Exhibitionist.

Frank finally appears in his bedroom. He is exhausted, I can tell by the way he moves. Maybe he had a shitty day at work. He begins to undress. He doesn't bother to move away from the window. Can he see us?

Gerard adjusts his binoculars. We probably look like something out of a movie. Two brothers looking into their neighbor's house from their own window, keeping track of his every move. I take Gerard's binoculars and look for myself. Frank is half naked. I try to make out what his tattoos look like. His eyes seem to be focusing on our window. Gerard doesn't notice. He's now trying to sketch Frank's jawline. The angles are all wrong but, I don't tell him that.

Frank is now slowly removing his pants. He doesn't take his eyes off the window. I can see a smile forming on his face.

He sees us.

He knows we're watching him.

I hear Gerard grunt in frustration.

"I can't see him well enough to get his face right."

He pauses his attempt at drawing to write down a couple of notes as to what Frank is doing.

Undressing by the window.

Frank's jeans are now down, probably pooled around his ankles. I can't see anything below his hips. There's only one article of clothing he hasn't removed yet. I wait anxiously. I shouldn't be so excited about this. His smile widens. He waves.

He knows we're watching.

I don't wave back. What does he want me to do? Does he want me to blow him a kiss? Wave back? I just stare.

His window closes and that's the last time I see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I don't even know what this is. I'm stuck on Flipped! right now so, I'm just writing something else to pass the time. I might delete it later.
disclaimer: I don't own anyone in this story. I wish I did, but, I don't.