Status: What do you think?

I'll Take You Away

A More Permanent Home

It's been six months since the old man passed away. He's doing well, smiling down on his daughters.

And his daughters are doing well also.

Cecilia and Jonah are living in a large house on the other side of town. She has gotten away from her husband and Jonah has started school. He has many new friends and is very happy. And Cecilia has just signed the final adoption papers.

They are truly happy.

Jane doesn't live far from her sister. She has excelled in her new job, quickly climbing to the top and gaining trust within the company. Her little girl has begun to walk and talk.
She giggles often and brings her mother great joy.

And the two women are much closer. They laugh together, cry together, babysit. They have realized what has happened in their long absence from each other. They lost sight of who they were and fell apart.

Now they have found happiness together.

I haven't spoken to either of the girls since their father passed. I can't risk them finding out who I really am.

I just watch over them, helping when necessary. And sometimes I shed a tear, but always a tear of joy.

Watching them makes it all okay. It brings me joy to know that I did my part in God's work, watching over his people.

"I'll take you far away from this one day, okay?" I whisper, only to myself, as I watch over. them. "I'll take you away from your temporary homes where you can live in true happiness, a more permanent home."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! Check out The Spark