A Drabble A Day

Zach: Future Fanfiction

‘Nip avoided his family’s gaze as he stepped up towards the podium, where the Capital’s representative was standing from where he just pulled out his name. The microphone was standing ready in front of him now, and he leaned forward to answer the question.

“I’ll try my best.” He said simply, and then quickly bent backwards away from the object again. Daisi leapt forward from behind him to grab the microphone.

“Well I’m sure myself and the rest of District 8 wish you the best of luck!” The crowd gave halfhearted claps and the peace keepers in the area began shooing the crowd away, as the large screens turned black I turned towards Daisi, whose demeanor was much less enthusiastic now that she wasn’t on national television.

“Come on now.” She said simply, motioning towards the back of the stage where the entrance to the main hall was open. Nip stepped off-‘

Zach put down his pen with a sigh as the bell signaling the end of third period rang. He closed his notebook and slid it carefully into his backpack. No one had read what he wrote.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credits to The Hunger Games, this was actually a bit based off an old hunger games plot bunny I had.

date: 6/17/2012
word count: 188
music recommendation: the soundtrack for Rock of Ages, just saw the movie last night and it was pretty good :)

NOTE: I'm going to be on vacation until 6/20, and will have no access to internet. They will still be written!