A Drabble A Day

Riley: Country

Riley glanced around the small cabin unhappily, she was stuck. She had discovered a long time ago an important part of her character.

She did not like the outdoors.

Sadly, her parents had yet to realize this, and that’s why they were all currently stuffed into a two room cabin so her father could go hunting. She and her mother would be spending the weekend hiking with some friends and swimming in the river.

She didn’t think the deer would be the only ones to do die this weekend; she was getting closer by the minute.

She leaned back on the top bunk of the bunk bed, staring at the small window across the room. All she could see was the side of a mountain. She was sick of the country. She was sick of the bugs, the dirt, she missed people.

“You here, Ri?”

She jumped up on reflex when her mom talked; she wasn’t expecting it and hadn’t been looking. What she also forgot was the fact she was on the top bunk, her head accidentally slamming onto the ceiling.

Yeah, someone was going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
back from vacation! also fun fact, I really like the outdoors and country music and all of that hehe :)

date: 6/18/12
word count: 188
music recommendation: skillet - awake and alive