A Drabble A Day

Zach: Poisonous Fish?

I was sitting on my bed with my laptop on my lap when I glanced at the time, 2:36 AM. It was school tomorrow and I really should have been asleep, but I couldn’t.

Not that I wasn’t tired, I was always tired, but I couldn’t stop now. I brushed my bangs back and cracked my neck, and went back to work.

‘Nip was just full out running. No one was behind him anymore, or at least he didn’t think anyone was. The river was now far behind him, with the other tributes and poisonous fish there as well, which he had soon realized wasn’t a good thing.

He was thirsty. Really thirsty, and it didn’t look like it was going to rain anytime soon. He stopped running and pulled out his water canteen, it was still half full. He took a few sips, and then happened to glance directly in front of him into the forest.

Someone was standing about twenty feet away. Their silver spear shone in the afternoon light.

His dagger seemed a lot smaller now.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Some plot credit to The Hunger Games.
I'm toying around with a few actual full length story ideas, I just wish I could actually sit down and write them instead of just planning. Argh. :)

date: 6/23/2012
word count: 179
music recommendation: angels and airwaves - surrender