Status: I'm going to take my time with this, because I want to get it as good as possible :) Last update - 28th September 2012 <3

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me and You

Chapter 1 – Just like last time, but a little worse.

“Come on Jack, you're going to be late for your first day back!” I heard my mom's shouts coming from the bottom of the stairs. I rolled over in bed and checked my alarm clock. 8am. Crap.
Do I really have to go back? I mean, I never even learn anything in that hellhole, thanks to that dick Travis Clark who's always throwing scrunched up pieces of paper, pens, pencils and anything else he can find at me. I thought about pretending that I had a sore throat or something, but mom never believed me when I said I was ill. I guess I'd just have to face the day. I mean, it's only six hours.
I got out of bed and stumbled to my wardrobe. I grabbed a pair of dark grey skinny jeans and a Jimmy Eat World t-shirt. That was pretty much all my wardrobe consisted of. Skinny jeans and band tees. I liked it that way though.
I threw my clothes on and checked the time. 8:15. That gave me about half an hour to do my hair, have breakfast, and actually get to school, which was about a 15 minute drive. Fuck it, I'll just have to be late. There's no way I'm leaving my hair like this, and I don't see any reason to rush. It's not like I have any friends to 'catch up' with when I get to school.
I grabbed my straighteners and banged the plug into the wall. They'd take five minutes to warm up, so I went to grab some toast or something from downstairs. I never really liked eating breakfast, but mom always insisted, and said some shit about her 'little boy' needing some food in him.
After eating my two slices of toast, which was topped with so much Nutella that you could hardly see the bread, I went upstairs and began straightening my hair... after I was happy with it, I grabbed my bag and worn-out-looking leather jacket, and headed downstairs. I kissed mom goodbye and headed out the door to my new jeep. Yes, I own a fucking jeep.
I arrived at school at 9am... I'm only 15 minutes late. With any luck, no one will even notice me.
I parked my car, entered the building, and signed my name on the late sheet by the front office. I don't know what class I've got, seeing as it's the start of term, and I've missed the timetables being handed out. It's not like I care that much, though. I think I'll just go hang out on the field all day or something. No one will know, or care.
“Hey, Barakat!” I heard someone shout my surname with a pretty aggressive tone. Great. I've been here five minutes and already someone wants to kill me. I started to run down the main corridor, towards the doors that let to the quad, which led to the field. Hopefully he'll think it isn't actually me or something.
After a few minutes of basically playing chase, I felt a hand grab my shoulder, and I was pulled to the floor. You've probably guessed who was chasing me by now. Yup, it was Travis. I think he's cut his hair over the holiday, because it's a lot shorter than I remember. Never mind about that right now, though.
I tried to stand up but I felt his foot slam into my stomach. Shit, that's going to leave a nasty bruise. I let out a scream, and almost immediately heard footsteps running down a nearby corridor. I don't think I was the only person who'd heard them, because Travis looked panicked, and made a run for it back down the corridor. Well, that's just great, now it'll look like I was stupid enough to fall over on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is chapter one of my first ever fanfiction!
I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but I've spent about the last eight hours reading, re-reading and editing it, so I thought it was about time I uploaded it for other people to read.

Please leave comments telling me what you think or it, and maybe subscribe or something if you want to read whatever is going to come out of my mind for the rest of this. :)

Chapter name - lyrics from Don't Leave Me by Blink-182!

Tweet me - @fuckyouzophie
Tumblr me - youreworthlessinthislight.tumblr.com
- - - - - - - - -
Please continue reading, the chapters get longer an better from here!