Status: I'm going to take my time with this, because I want to get it as good as possible :) Last update - 28th September 2012 <3

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me and You

Chapter 2 – Cause it's all so clear that I need you here.

“Mom, I'm home!” I shouted as I walked through the front door.
Today's dragged, seeing as I spent most of it in the first aid area after the whole Travis incident. Not like I really cared, school doesn't really matter that much to me anyway.
“Hi sweetie, dinner will be ready in about half an hour,” my mom said, as she hugged me hello, “so you can make yourself busy upstairs until then.”
“Okay, thanks mom!” I called as I darted up the stairs.
As soon as I got to my bedroom, I grabbed my guitar and started to play All The Small Things by Blink, because they're my favourite band. I was really getting into it when I heard someone shouting in the field across the street from my house. I looked out the window to see Travis Clark and his little gang picking on some guy who I presume is new round here... they were saying all sorts of horrible things to him. Poor kid. I'd go down and help but I'd probably get floored again, and my stomach and back are still really painful from earlier. Before I could decide whether to go outside and help him or not, mom shouted me down for dinner.

I made my way downstairs and sat down at the table, wincing slightly as my back hit the chair. “What's wrong, Jack?” Dammit, she noticed. “Oh, erm, nothing,” she could tell I was lying because of the pause before I said anything.
“Let me see, there's obviously something wrong with it,” I knew I had no chance of convincing her I was fine, so I stood up and lifted my t-shirt to a show her the purpling bruise.
“Oh my goodness, what happened?”
“Just a little misunderstanding in the school corridor,” I said, trying to sound casual. She saw right through it.
“That's more than a 'little misunderstanding'! What really happened?”
So, she made me tell her the whole story, including the bit about me blacking out for about half an hour. This lead to me convincing her NOT to phone school and complain about bullies.
We finished out meals in silence and I ran back upstairs to grab my jacket. I wanted to go check what had happened to the kid that was being beat up earlier, and just see if he was okay.
I shouted goodbye to mom and left. I walked across the road to the field, and I noticed someone lying on the ground about 20 metres away. I made my way over them. Yep, this is him. His face had a thin layer of dried blood over it, there was a pretty nasty looking scratch on his arm, and the knee of his skinny jeans was torn. He was still breathing, though. Which is always a good sign.
I shook his arm and he mumbled something under his breath, I didn't catch what he said, but his accent sounded British. I like the British accent. It was so much nicer than the American one. I wish I had a British accent. Woah, Jack, come back down to earth, you're trying to help someone! I nudged his shoulder again and he rolled over, wincing as he did so. I could see where the blood on his face had come from now. They'd broken his nose. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. Wow, he's stunning. His eyes are a perfect chocolate brown colour, and even though it's covered in blood, his face looks perfect too. Wait, is he saying something? Shit, he is... I should probably pay attention.
“Hello? Can you hear me? I'm Alex, and you are?” he had a smirk on his face, despite all the pain he was obviously in.
“Sorry.. I'm, um, Jack, Jack Barakat,” He probably thinks I'm stupid now...
“Hi, Jack, Jack Barakat. What exactly do you want?” he kept that small smirk on his face as he spoke. God, he's gorgeous.
“Oh, well I saw you getting beaten up by those guys earlier. I've been ganged up on by them before now too. I just wanted to know if you're okay, and stuff..” I was talking unnaturally fast and high for me. But I didn't care, I mean look at this guy, he's beautiful, and he's talking to me, without being horrible. I can see us being friends, maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the nice comments from the few of you who've read this.

I'm not sure about this chapter, what do you guys think? :)

Comment/subscribe?

Chapter name - lyrics from Loser Of The Year by Simple Plan!

Tweet me - @fuckyouzophie
Tumblr me - youreworthlessinthislight.tumblr.com