Status: I'm going to take my time with this, because I want to get it as good as possible :) Last update - 28th September 2012 <3

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me and You

Chapter 5 – I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feeling.

Jack's POV

Alex Gaskarth is in my bedroom. He is actually in my house, in my very own bedroom. He's here. I could touch him if I wanted to. But I won't, because that'd probably freak him out.

“Wow, you have a Nintendo 64!” he looked so excited when he said this.
“Yeah, I've had that for years! Fancy a game of Mario Kart?” his eyes lit up even more.
“Oh my god, are you serious?! Hell yes!” he said this so quickly and with so much excitement that I couldn't help smiling.
“I've got to warn you, I'm a pro at this game,” I said with a wink as I turned it on and inserted the disk.
“We'll see, we'll see.” he said, winking back.
I chucked a controller at him and sat down with him on my bed.
“I want to be Princess Peach!” he squealed as he scrolled down the list of characters to choose from.
“Fine by me, I'm being Yoshi!” I said as I selected the little green dinosaur.
- - - - - - - - -
We played for at least an hour, and now we're on 9 all.
“Okay, whoever wins this race, wins the entire game,” I announced. “Because I think tea will be ready soon.”
“Okay, you're on!”
I started the new game and we set off again.
I zoomed into first place, and Alex was in second.
Just as I was about to win, he pushed me off the bed and I landed on the floor, dropping my controller.
Princess Peach zoomed over the finishing line and Yoshi was just sat there, doing fuck all.
“Yes, I win!” he yelled as he jumped up and did a victory dance around my room.
“No, I don't think so. You cheated!” I shouted as I grabbed his ankle and he tumbled onto the floor with me.
“Ha ha ha! Now you're on the floor too!” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. He just smirked.

“Boys! Tea's ready,” I heard my dad yell from downstairs.
“Can we eat it up here?” I asked, hopefully.
“No! Me and your mother want to properly meet this new friend of yours, and you might spill some on your bed!”
“Fine, we'll be down in a minute!”

“They want to meet me?” Alex looked at me, slightly confused.
“Yeah... You're, um, the first friend I've ever brought back to my house.” I told him, blushing.
“N'aww, little Jacky no friends,” he mocked, winking at me.
“Shut up. You have no friends either.” I said, moodily.
“Aw, I'm joking! Come here,” he hugged me, comfortingly. I could be in his arms all day. He's so warm and cozy. “I'm sorry. Now, let's go get some food. I'm starving!”

We ran downstairs to join my parents at the dinner table.
“Sit down and tuck in,” mom said, with a smile.
“Macaroni and cheese! My favorite,” I sat down and Alex sat next to me.
“So, how was school today?” dad asked, looking from me to Alex.
“Oh, it wasn't too bad. Kinda dragged,” I told them, making sure to avoid the fact we'd landed ourselves in detention tomorrow afternoon.
“I'm glad to hear it.”
For the rest of the meal, all you could hear was knives and forks against the bowls, and the sound of us chewing our food.

It was 8:30 by time we'd finished eating and cleared the table.
“I should probably make my way home,” Alex said.
“Yeah,” I replied, slightly sad that he has to leave. But I don't think I know him well enough to invite him for a sleepover. “Be outside my door by 8:30 tomorrow, and I'll give you a lift to school.”
“You drive? That's wicked! Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow,” we gave each other a quick hug and he left.

I grabbed a drink from the kitchen and made my way back upstairs. I don't really know what to do with myself now Alex has gone home.

I know, I'll play some guitar. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and began to just play random chords. I came up with a pretty good melody, actually. I jotted down the chords as I played them. I'll show this to Alex. He'll love it.

My mobile vibrated and I checked the screen. '1 New Message'. It's from Alex!

From: Alex ;)
Hey, um, I've forgotten my key, and no one's answering the door or picking up phone. Can I crash on your floor for the night or something? - Alex x

OMG.. He wants to sleep in my house!
I quickly replied.

To: Alex ;)
Haha, yeah, sure. I'll grab a few blankets for you. - Jack x

I ran downstairs and explained the situation to my mom. She was fine with it, thankfully!

From: Alex ;)
Message: Thanks a lot! You're a life saver! - Alex x

To: Alex ;)
No problem! That's what best friends are for. :D - Jack x

There was a knock at the door. I ran to answer it.
“Hey, sorry about this,” Alex said as he came back into my house, with a shy smile on his face.
“It's fine,” I told him, laughing slightly. “Shall we go upstairs then?”
I made my way up the stairs, and he followed.
“I don't want you boys up all night playing games,” mom yelled from her room.
“Don't worry mom, we're going to sleep soon!” I yelled back.

“Here,” I said to Alex, throwing about 5 blankets at him. Two of them hit him in the face.
“Ow! Thanks,” he said, laying them out on the floor like a bed. “Thanks again for letting me stay. I don't have a clue what my family are doing..”
“Alex, you can stop thanking me now. Seriously, it's absolutely fine!” I laughed at him.

Alex's POV

I can't believe I'm sleeping on Jack's floor. Okay, so I told a tiny lie about my parents not answering the phone, but so what? It means I can sleep on the floor of the most beautiful boy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

“Hey, Jack.. Have you got some pyjamas I can borrow?” I don't know if I fancy sleeping in my boxers in Jack's presence. Not just yet, anyway.
“Yeah, sure. Top draw,” he said, pointing to his chest of drawers.
“Thanks,” I got up and went to look. I just grabbed some plain black ones, and went to the bathroom to change into them.
I re-entered the room to find Jack sitting on his bed in just his boxers.
“So I see you're not wearing pyjamas tonight?” I said, smirking.
“Nah, it's warm enough not too.” he said. “Besides, who wouldn't want to see my lovely body?” he winked at me.
“Me. I mean, ew,” I winked at him and he pouted.

“It's like 12am... we should probably get some sleep,” Jack informed me, yawning and snuggling down into his bed.
“Alright,” I switched of the light and carefully shuffled to my bed of blankets on the floor.
“Night, Lexy.” Was that a nickname I just heard? Lexy. I like that!
“Night, Jacky. Sleep well.” I said, as I let my eyes close.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated quicker this time... please love me?
- - - - -
Oooo, Alex told a tiny lie so he could sleep in Jack's room! No, nothing's going to happen between them just yet. I just wanted Alex to be in Jack's room. And, Jack in his boxers. Hehehe.
- - - - -
Thank you to everyone who's given me feedback.
Whether you've commented on here, been one of the lovely anons on tumblr, or tweeted me. I appreciate everything you say to me! And I apologize for spelling mistakes, it's late.
- - - - -
Chapter name - a lyric from Headfirst For Halos by My Chemical Romance!
- - - - -
Tweet me - @fuckyouzophie
Tumblr me - youreworthlessinthislight.tumblr.com :D