Status: I'm going to take my time with this, because I want to get it as good as possible :) Last update - 28th September 2012 <3

The Party Scene Has Got the Best of Me and You

Chapter 7 - Before you met me, I was alright, but things, were kinda heavy, you brought me to life.

Jack's POV
I walked into French and there was the last person I wanted to see; Travis.
And it just so happened that the last seat left in the class was opposite him. Wonderful.
At least he's with Beccy... he's never quite as bad around her.
I walked over and sat down. Beccy actually smiled at me, but then Travis gave her a 'what the fuck are you smiling at him for?' sort of look, and she turned to face the front of the classroom again.
Travis remained quiet for the most of the lesson, until it came to when we had to begin our own work.
“Hey, I saw you with your BOYFRIEND yesterday,” he said, leaning right across the table so he was looking me right in the eye. “I always thought you'd go for someone more macho. Y'know, someone who could protect you from bullies,” he laughed almost evilly after saying this.
“Travis, shush, continue with your work,” said miss from the front of the class.
“Shut up, he's not my boyfriend. We're just friends!” he just laughed in my face.
“Ha, you wish he was your boyfriend, queer.”
“Travis, leave me alone. I'm trying to work!” I picked up my pen and started copying out notes from the board.
Thankfully, Beccy distracted Travis for the rest of the lesson. Sadly, the only way she could do that was by sitting there kissing him. Which Madame Jones didn't even notice!
-RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING-
The bell went, and I was so grateful, because I was sick of watching that across the table.
I stood up, shoved everything into my bag, and made my way out of class.
“Hey!” I heard Alex shout almost immediately when I left.
“Boy am I glad to see you. I had to sit next to Travis all lesson..”
“Aw, that sucks,” he hugged me. “What lesson's next?”
“Um.. History.”
“Yay, me too!” he literally jumped up and down with excitement. “Let's go!”
We made our way down the corridor towards the History rooms.
- - - - -
History went over pretty quickly... and then it was breaktime.
“Are we going to our usual spot on the field?” Alex asked me as we walked away from the history rooms.
“Yeah, sure!”
We made out way out onto the field and lay on the grass.
“So, have you enjoyed your morning in this shithole, Jacky?” Alex looked over at me.
“What do you think, Lex? I had to fucking sit near Travis in French, and he was making comments about me being friends with you...” I blushed slightly and looked away, I hadn't planned on telling him that.
“What was he saying?” Alex sounded worried. “I don't want you getting bullied more because of me.” He sounded a bit upset almost.
“Um, something about you being my boyfriend..” I laughed slightly because I really wasn't planning on telling him that!
“Oh... what did you say back?”
“I said we were just friends. Which is what we are, right?” I told him.
“Yeah, yeah... best friends!” Alex smiled at him. God, his smile is beautiful. I smiled back, and we just lay there for the rest of break.
- - - - -
I walked out of geometry even more confused than I was when I went in... none of that made any sense whatsoever.
I felt a hand grab my shoulder and turned round to see Alex. “Hey!”
He wasn't alone. He had someone with him. Who was this guy? I definitely don't remember seeing him around school...
“Hey! Who's this?” I smiled at the new guy. He was wearing black skinny jeans teamed with a t-shirt with something about Disneyworld in Florida on it, and he had his lip pierced with a little hoop going through it. If I didn't have my heart set on Alex, I would definitely like this guy.
“Um, I'm Matt, Matt Flyzik,” he had quite an obvious lisp, and he was quite shy, but smiled all the same.
“Yeah, Matt's in my Latin class, he's new as well, and we just started talking,” Alex beamed at me. He didn't like Matt, did he?
“Cool,” I smiled at them both. “So, what've we got next?”
“Technology, I believe.” said Alex, sounding very British.
“Me too!” Matt looked happy to have friends. I smiled at him, and realised Alex was only smiling because he was proud to have rescued a new kid from facing senior year friendless.
“C'mon then!” I said, running off down the corridor. They both ran after me.

We were pretty out of breath by time we reached tech, but we were all laughing. I was finally starting to feel like I fitted in a bit, for the first time in YEARS.
- - - - -
“Ugh.. that was a boring lesson. What even happened? I forgot.” I said, the minute we left the classroom.
“I have no fucking clue.” Matt and Alex said at the same time, laughing.
“I think I've already failed half of my exams, and I've only been back for three days,” I laughed.

“HEY, IT'S LUNCHTIME!” Alex shouted this so loud that half the people down the corridor turned to look at us and sniggered.
“Should we nip to that shop round the corner, I hate the cafeteria and I forgot to bring food with me..” I said, looking at the others.
“Yeah, that's good with me. How about you, Matt?”
“Hell yes, I forgot to bring any food today too!”

The three of us walked out on the field and walked to where you could just about get out of the school grounds without being noticed.
We then set off down the road on our quest for food.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that this took so long! I am about as good at All Time Low when it comes to making deadlines!
- - - - -
I hope you all like this chapter, it's slightly shorter than the last few, but I feel that it suits this length...
- - - - -
Thank you so much to anyone who has given me feedback, it literally means everything to me to know that you enjoy reading this. And, I have a kind of goal of 100 readers by chapter 10. I am currently on about 85! :)
- - - - -
Chapter name - a lyric from Teenage Dream by Katy Perry! xD
- - - - -
Tweet me - @fuckyouzophie
Tumblr me - youreworthlessinthislight.tumblr.com :D