Status: Back from the dead

Seize The Day

Chicago Native

“Damn I’m tired!” I complained as I sprawled out on Zacky’s couch.

“I’m still shocked that you kept those shoes on all day!” Matt said as he took his shoes off and started rubbing one of his feet. “Although they did make your legs look amazing.” He winked at me.

The rest of the guys filed in. Brian lifted my feet so that he could sit and then placed them onto his lap. “So Stephanie, when do you have to leave?” Johnny asked me.

My face fell when I remembered that I would be leaving soon. This is why I never got attached so easily. It was torture to leave them behind. I looked at everyone here and had to hold back tears. I felt really close to all of these guys in such a short time. “Well, Night of Champions is in Nashville so I don’t have to leave for that…and that’s my last day on the job, so I’m going to go back home after that.”

“Where do you live?” Zacky asked.

“Well, I’m a Chicago native, but when I turned 18, my sister and I moved to California.”

Jimmy sat straight up and had a huge smile on his face. “Really? We’re from California too! What part do you live at?”

I smiled at his enthusiasm and I felt butterflies when I thought of not having to leave these new friends of mine. “I have a condo in Huntington Beach.”

They all jumped and Brian attacked me in a hug. “You’re not leaving us!”

I hugged him back and smiled like crazy. Who would’ve thought that in a matter of days, I would’ve made 5 new crazy friends who just happened to be my idols?

******************************************

“Hey guys!” I said as I passed John Cena and Zack Ryder in the hallway. “Take care, Spike you’re hair!” I quoted Zack.

“Woo. Woo. Woo.” John added with a smile.

“You know it!” Zack finished, doing the LI symbol with his fingers.

I laughed and continued walking. “Good luck tonight!” John yelled.

“Thanks! You too!”

I was getting ready to walk out when I felt someone put their arm around my shoulders. I looked up to see Matt standing there with a huge grin on his face.

“Hey Matty! What’re you doing here?” I asked him as I hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back. “Thought you could use the moral support. The guys are in the front row behind the commentators.”

“Ready Miss?” The sound guy asked me.

Matt held his hand out to me. I immediately grabbed it and smiled. “Yeah.”

My music started playing and the fans started cheering. We walked out and Kelly was already in the ring. She got out and stood in front of the commentary table so that I could do my thing in the ring. The first thing I did was walk over to where the guys were.

“Thank you guys for coming! It really means a lot to me!”

“Like we would miss out on this!” Jimmy said.

“Good luck out there Steph!” Zacky told me.

I hugged each of them quickly. When I hugged Brian, he didn’t let me go quickly. “Kick her ass, Steph.” I smiled and nodded. I ran into the ring and posed on the turnbuckles. Matt was on ring side pumping up the crowd.

Kelly Kelly got in the ring and the bell rang. “Come on, Steph! Seize the day!” Matt yelled while pounding on the ring. I smiled and attacked.

*********************************************

“Here’s your winner and new WWE Women’s Champion…Stephanie DiBiase!” The announcer said and handed me my belt.

Matt ran into the ring, hugged me and spun me around. Vince’s music started playing and I immediately freaked out, knowing he was going to try and get the match re-evaluated so that I could lose.

“Let’s go!” I grabbed Matt’s hand and we ran and jumped the barricades where the guys were and continued running until we were out of the arena.

“What now?” Matt asked? He wasn’t even out of breath!

I took a couple deep breathes and smiled. “We go backstage and pack all my stuff.” I looked at my belt with pride. “And this baby’s coming with us.”

We walked around to the locker room and everyone congratulated me on my win and swift thinking to evade McMahon. We got to my locker room and Matt helped me put all my stuff into my suitcases.

Matt’s P.O.V.

I pulled Stephanie into my arms and she laid her head on my chest. “So what’re you gonna do now, Miss Woman’s Champion?” I whispered in her ear. I grinned from ear to ear when I felt her light shiver.

“Stephanie!” someone yelled and she got out of my grip. I was so close to just pulling her back into my arms, but I stopped myself. I looked towards the voice and saw The Miz. Under other circumstances, I would’ve been excited to see him, I mean, he’s pretty smart when it comes to winning a match, but right now there’s nothing more I want than to be alone with Steph.

“Hey Mike, what’s up?” he pulled her into a hug and I couldn’t help the jealousy I felt.

“Congrats! I always knew you had it in you!” He told her

She hugged him back, but walked back to my side when she pulled away. A smirk appeared on my face. “Thanks, Mike!” She turned to me and smiled, “Matt, I want you to meet my friend, Mike or as you might know him, The Miz. Mike, this is my friend, Matt.”

We shook hands tightly and I smiled victoriously when he pulled away first.

“So Steph, I think we should celebrate your victory! A bunch of the guys and I are going to a club later. You should come.” He made sure to emphasize the fact that I wasn’t invited.

“I’d love to go!” she told him.

“Cool! I’ll text you the deets later. Matt, it was nice meeting you.”

“Likewise.”