Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

Meeting Destiny

His young eyes awoke to see a familiar sight, the black hair and the black eyes, the dark coat and gloves leading down to him, young four month old Akura knew his dad was there to protect him. Sirus noticing his son had awoken, picked Akura up and headed toward the kitchen to get his son a bottle. He heard the door close and a familiar voice.

“Sirus, I’m home!”

“I have Akura in the kitchen.” Sirus yelled back at the familiar voice. In a few seconds, the mother of the young four month old walked in the kitchen, placing the grocery bag on the table and taking off her shirt to toss in the laundry, grabbing a clean one from the folded clothes on the table. The seventeen year old mother kissed her lover, taking her son from him while he finished making the bottle.

“It’s almost eleven, why is Akura still up?”

“I went to go check on him and I may have accidentally woke him up. Don’t worry Hina he’ll go right back to sleep.” Sirus answers, taking their son back and giving him his bottle. They return to the baby’s room and Sirus lays Akura down in his bed as he drinks his bottle and closes his eyes.

“I remember last year when you thought you wouldn’t be able to be a good father.” Hina says with a smile, embracing her boyfriend.

“I still wonder how good a father I am. How good a father I will be.” Sirus responds with a slight worry in his voice. “I didn’t have much of a family, and your family wants nothing to do with me or our son. Who do we turn to if we need help?”

“Honey don’t worry. You’ve been a better father in the last four months than my father was in sixteen years.” Hina says as they leave the room. Sirus heads toward the door. “It’s kind of foggy tonight, make sure to be extra vigilant.”

“Of course, I always am.” Sirus responds with a smirk. When Hina frowns, Sirus puts his hands on her shoulders. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Besides it is only a few hours. I’ll be home by three. Trust me, nothing is going to happen.” Sirus opens the door.

“I hope you’re right. It’s just that it’s been really quiet lately. I mean I know that Lino Shi won the last war, but I can’t help but think that only makes up the first target of another war.” Hina responds, fear in her voice.

“Don’t worry baby, I will be back in a few hours. I promise.” Sirus says with a smile. Sirus and Hina kiss, and Sirus leaves out into the darkness outside.

--------------------

As Sirus walks out into the night, he puts his hood on to help shield himself from the rain as well as provide some cover as his black coat matches his surroundings. Sirus walked along the outer perimeter of the city toward his post. Something was different though, as Sirus noticed a cloaked man walking in the rain. At this time of the night, only city guards were allowed out, so this was someone whom was breaking the law.

“You there, identify yourself.” Sirus said walking up to the stranger.

“My name is Raviel Tokumata, I travel here from the small city of Hidekaim to claim the woman promised to me.” The stranger responded with a smile.

“Got any form of ID?” Sirus asked. Raviel gave his ID, Sirus examined it, and gave it back to the stranger. “Okay I need you to come with me to meet senior administration members. Please relinquish your sword.” Raviel gave Sirus his sword and followed him toward the Central Administration Building, or CAB for short.

“So, how is life here in Domino?” Raviel asks, trying to start conversation.

“Meh. It’s okay I guess.” Sirus responds, not really wanting to talk.

“So do you have a special someone?” Raviel asks, again trying to get some form of conversation.

“Yes, a girlfriend and a son.” Sirus responds quickly.

“Engaged or just dating?” Raviel continues asking

“Not engaged yet.” Sirus responds

“Well I was chosen to marry a beautiful woman. I haven’t met her yet, but she is of a rich royal family. Her father came to me himself telling me that I can marry her once I finished my training.” Raviel says with a smile. He pulls out a photograph, which Sirus catches a glance of. Sirus stops and takes the picture from Raviel’s hand.

“You won’t have a chance with this one.” Sirus says firmly.

“What makes you say that?” Raviel questions.

“Because she is both my girlfriend and the mother of my son.” Sirus says firmly. “This picture looks like it was taken about three years ago, before her father knew of our relationship. You will only be wasting your time if you try and take her.” Raviel starred at Sirus, anger growing inside him. “However if you wish to continue moving into this town, we should keep moving.”

Rage consumed Raviel as he watched this man whom has taken the girl he thought was his destiny. Raviel grabs his sword from Sirus’ hand, grips the handle, and withdraws his sword from the sheath, pointing it at Sirus whom had turned to face him.

“What is this?” Sirus asks in a almost taunting voice, placing a finger on Raviel’s sword and pushing it down.

“You and me, here and now. Winner takes Hina.” Raviel says firmly. Sirus chuckled at this challenge, and closed his eyes. “What’s so funny? Defend your woman, your family, and duel me!”

“Let me ask you something. Even if you did somehow manage to defeat me, what would that do? Do you think Hina would want anything to do with you for separating her from her boyfriend, and her son from his father? You have nothing at all to gain from this. How about you just put the sword away, avoid getting hurt, and find someone else?”

“Sounds like your scared.” Raviel says with a slight chuckle. Sirus pushes the sword down as Raviel pulls it back and tries to slice the sword across Sirus’ stomach. Sirus pivots his stomach, kicks out Raviel’s knee, and goes for a quick jab at Raviel’s face, which Raviel caught beautifully, ducking his head back.

Raviel goes for a quick stab at Sirus’ head with his sword, which Sirus dodges by moving tilting his head to the left quickly. Sirus goes to sweep Raviel off his feet, but Raviel jumps Sirus’ sweep. Sirus, preparing for this simple dodge, quickly back flips, catching Raviel’s sword with his foot and separating it from Raviel. Sirus catches the sword, turns, and throws it so it gets wedged into a tree.

“Now the real fight can begin.” Sirus says with a smirk. Raviel smiled, before breathing in and blowing fire in Sirus’ face. Sirus uses his left arm to cover his face while he tries to back out of the fire. Sirus starts to generate a bolt of lightning in his right hand, shooting it toward Raviel. Raviel jumps out of the way as the bolt hit’s a tree, incinerating the tree.

“That… could have hurt… A lot.” Raviel says, looking at the tree. Raviel turned back to Sirus and attacked again, attempting to sweep Sirus’ feet. Sirus jumped the sweep as Raviel blew a fireball, nailing Sirus hard in the chest. Raviel followed this up with a roundhouse kick, sending Sirus spiraling through the air and making him land hard against the ground.

Raviel glanced at the fallen foe, shrugged his shoulders, and walked to his sword. “You put up a good fight kid.” Raviel said to himself while pulling his sword out of the tree. Suddenly a bolt of lightning zips passed Raviel and disperses between Raviel and the tree less than 3 feet from Raviel. Immediately Raviel knew Sirus was standing, and felt unthreatened enough to tease Raviel with this lightning bolt.

“I’ll admit, that hurt. But I am still standing. The only way you will leave here with Hina is if you kill me where I stand.” Sirus says, readying his guard. Raviel was baffled by this, he had hit Sirus with enough to knock anyone out, yet Sirus completely walked it off like it was nothing.

“Hmm so your still standing. Im quite surprised to be honest. What is it that drives you? Your love for Hina?” Raviel asked, closing his eyes. Raviel then proceeds to return his sword to the sheath and walks up to Sirus. Raviel offers Sirus his sword. “I surrender. Your willing to go this far for Hina, but I have yet to actually meet her. I hope the two of you are happy together. I am sorry for my actions, I let jealousy and desire cloud my judgment.”

Sirus looks at his foe with distrust, before lowering his guard and taking Raviel’s sword. “Fine, lets go see Mikoto-Ousama (King Mikoto) about your moving into this town.” Sirus responds, leading the way.

--------------------

“You seemed to believe me a bit easily back there.” Raviel mentions as the two are walking into the council building. Raviel looks around at the large foyer decorated in gold trophies. Raviel walked around the room looking at the fabulous designs while Sirus speaks to the receptionist.

Raviel looks at the large portraits of war heroes, golden sculptures, and antiques from past historical battles. Raviel notices something that catches his eyes, a beautiful sword that with the name tag saying “Kaen Tokumata’s sword, used in the crusades against the demon of Elements & Illusion.” Reading this, Raviel closed his eyes to prevent tears.

Sirus walks up to Raviel and stands next to him. “You okay?” Sirus asked, knowing the answer. Raviel nods and looks at Sirus as Sirus said “We can head right in to see Mikoto-Ousama.” Sirus leads Raviel to Mikoto’s office when he hears a Mikoto’s voice.

“No! Absolutely unacceptable! We will not be intimidated by such vague threats from anyone, even at your level of authority! Now get out of my office and my country!”

“Fine, you have my conditions. You cannot blame me for whatever happens to this country.” The stranger walks through the doorway and looks directly at Sirus. It was a man that Sirus had never seen before, but he had a gut feeling he should know this man. Suddenly Sirus’ shoulder started to hurt, really bad. It felt like looking at this man was making his shoulder burn. Just as the stranger looked away and started to walk out, Sirus’ shoulder pain ceased. Once the stranger left the hallway, the two entered Mikoto’s room.

“Mikoto-Ousama, I am sorry for this late meeting.” Sirus apologizes.

“No need for apologies boy, I am still here from my last meeting, which Im sure you overheard. Did you read anything from him?” Mikoto asks, referring to Sirus’ telepathic abilities.

“No, I didn’t. I’m sorry.” Sirus says, looking down.

“No worries. Now, what brings you to my office at 3:15am? And who is your friend?” Mikoto inquires.

“My name is Raviel Tokumata. I have traveled from Hidekaim to be wed to young Hina Roiyaru, though I have learned since that her heart belongs elsewhere. However, even still, I wish to join this beautiful city and take up a job in the military. I received training in Hidekaim by the militia there, along with private instructions for a few months from a military general residing here, in Domino, a Jinsoku Hakati.” Raviel explained, pulling out documents from his back pockets backing up his claims. Mikoto looks at Sirus who simply nods his head slightly.

“Ah, yes I have heard much about you. Well, since you already know young Sirus here, he will walk you to your new home. Jinsoku will meet you in the morning with your job assignment.” Mikoto says, handing Raviel a key.

“Thank you Mikoto-Ousama.” Raviel says with a smile. Sirus heads for the door while Raviel puts his documents away and grabs the key.

--------------------

“Sirus, I just realized, do you know where I am going to live?” Raviel inquires about 25 minutes into the journey to see his new home, realizing Mikoto never said anything about where Raviel was going to stay. “Furthermore, something I have been thinking about lately, how come you trusted me when I offered you my sword? By your stance I knew you were in a defensive position.”

“Yeah, I know exactly where you are going to live. I also knew you did not mean to betray be after offering me your sword, or else your subconscious mind would have been screaming death trap.” Sirus smirks, following the road. Sirus inserts the key into a building about 30 minutes from Mikoto’s office. The key unlocks the door and Sirus lets Raviel in.

“My subconscious mind? What do you mean?” Raviel inquired, having pondered this for the last few blocks.

“I’m a telepath, one of my many abilities. I have access to your every thought, I knew you weren’t going to betray me. You realized when I got up that I wouldn’t stay down, and decided it wasn’t worth the fight. You also realized your selfishness and mistakes. Furthermore, you didn’t want blood on your hands again.” Sirus explained.

Raviel didn’t expect Sirus to be a telepath. However Raviel, being skeptical, closed his eyes and smirked. “If that’s true, why did you fall for my sweep fireball trick? If you could read my mind why didn’t you expect it coming?”

“I knew it was coming. I also knew that it would be easier for me to prove to you that I wont give up than make you give up by force.” Sirus smirked.

“Well, I can block out my mind. Next we duel, it will be without telepathic abilities.” Raviel said, looking at Sirus with a challenging eye.

“Next we duel I won’t let you win anyway. Well here you are, welcome home.” Sirus turns to leave.

“Wait, Sirus.” Raviel called, causing Sirus to turn back toward him. Sirus found Raviel was offering his hand. Sirus met Raviel with a handshake. “Best of luck to you and Hina, and I hope to see you again soon.”

“You will.” Sirus confirms. Sirus turns and walks out, toward his home.

--------------------

Sirus arrives home around 4:05am to find Hina still waiting for him. “Your late.” Hina says, worry in her voice. Hina kisses Sirus at the door. “Did something happen?”

“Nah, I just got into a fight with this new guy who wanted your heart and dueled me for you. Your father’s suitor.” Sirus says with a slight laugh. Sirus pulls off his shirt while Hina sits on the bed. Sirus turns away from Hina, revealing his back shoulder tattoo. Hina gets up and runs her finger down the tattoo, examining it.

“It started hurting again didn’t it?” Hina asked.

“Yeah, it did. It’s fine now though. Does it look any different?” Sirus inquired.

“Not that I can tell. Come, lets get to bed, I’m tired.” Hina says, sitting back on the bed. Sirus tossed his shirt in the laundry, turned off the lights, and laid in bed with Hina, going to sleep.