Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

The Student and the Master

Raviel moved as fast as he could toward the hospital, carrying the unconscious body of Karai in his arms. Raviel heard an explosion from behind him as his legs gave out, causing him to drop Karai as he fell to the ground himself. Karai rolled on the ground and started to wake up. Karai immediately reached for her back, which was in tremendous pain. She couldn’t feel her legs, immediately fearing paralysis.

“Kar…Karai… I’m sorry. I tried to get you to the hospital…” Raviel said, more to himself than to her. Raviel could barely get a word out, he was in tremendous pain himself. Raviel got onto his knees and pulled off his shirt, looking at the bloody site of the open wound leading to his broken ribs. Raviel placed his hand on the wound, to apply a bit of pressure. Raviel was hoping stop the bleeding, or slow it down at the least. Raviel looked up into the sky, praying for a miracle, for help, for… anything.

--------------------

Sirus charged a lightning bolt as Raviel fled with Karai.

“Sirus, let them go! I am your opponent now.” Jinsoku ordered. Sirus looked at Jinsoku and smirked, almost laughing.

“So you believe that you can defeat me, the man who taught you how to fight? I will do whatever it takes to weaken and bring you down. You will not destroy this city, or this country, while I’m still breathing. I taught you ninety percent of what you know, but only a mere twenty percent of what I know. So, come at me boy.” Jinsoku taunted. Sirus turned and shot his lightning bolt at Jinsoku, whom easily dodged and immediately charged at Sirus.

Jinsoku kicked Sirus hard in the gut, before delivering an uppercut. The force of the uppercut was enough to knock Sirus off his feet. Sirus landed on his hand and flipped onto his feet. Jinsoku smirked and charged again, punching Sirus in the face. Jinsoku quickly followed this with a gut punch. Jinsoku followed up with a swift roundhouse kick, knocking Sirus into the air. Sirus landed hard on the mud and slid across the mud. Sirus rolled his body backwards, rolling onto his feet. Jinsoku continued the aggressive assault, kicking Sirus in the gut again. Once again, Jinsoku followed with an uppercut, then quickly swept, taking out Sirus’s legs from behind him. While Sirus was in the air, Jinsoku flipped and kicked Sirus in the face. Sirus flipped through the air, landing on his stomach. Jinsoku backed up and let out a breath of relief.

Sirus got back to his feet, as if nothing happened, and stared down Jinsoku. Sirus smirked. “Is that all?” Sirus asked, his voice more dry and a bit deeper than it usually was. “If that is all you can put out, then I am disappointed.” Sirus tilted his neck, cracking it. Sirus then glanced back at Jinsoku. “Now it’s my turn.” Sirus charged at Jinsoku.

--------------------

Following orders of the military, Noroi and Yuki returned to their home. “So bro, what’s the plan?” Noroi asked.

“The military won’t let anyone out to see what’s going on. If we want to get to that monster and stop whatever it is that is destroying the town, we need to sneak around. On the way here I spotted seven guards whom were at a post and four whom were walking. According to my calculations, we’ll have a clear path to the city gates in about six minutes, judging by the walking speed of the patrolling officers.” Yuki explained.

“Six minutes? To heck with that! Let’s get in there!” Noroi yelled. “I’ll barrel through any guards that I need to! I wanna get in on the action!”

“Noroi, stop being so rash. If we cause a distraction by fighting our way to the battle, we’ll only cause more problems.” Yuki explained. Noroi didn’t listen, and instead opened the door, running out. Yuki decided to run after Noroi, out into the hail-filled night.

--------------------

Raviel struggled to his feet as he heard someone running. Raviel called out for help, but he could barely get anything out. Raviel grabbed his knife and threw it at a building at the crossroads of where he heard the footsteps. The knife made a small clicking sound when it hit the building before falling to the ground. The footsteps began to be faster and louder, as the person was running. Suddenly the sound of footsteps stopped as someone peered around the corner.

“…Raviel? Raviel!” Tara ran around the corner and toward Raviel. “What the fuck did you do to yourself?” Tara asked, pinching her forehead in disappointment. “Why can’t you keep yourself in one piece? I’m getting sick of healing you.”

“Not the time for jokes.” Raviel said as he fell against the building behind him.

“Then sit still and let me heal you.” Tara told him.

“No… her first. Karai is in worse condition than I am.” Raviel instructed, pointing to Karai, whom was still holding her back. Tara saw the blood on the side of her head, where Sirus had kicked her, had dried up.

Tara walked up to Karai and put her hands on her back. “This is going to hurt, a lot. Grind your pretty little teeth together and get ready.” Tara told Karai while her hands began to glow around Karai’s back. Karai let out a blood hurtling scream as Tara went to work. Karai felt like her back was being crushed and every bone in her spine was disintegrating. Karai bit her lip before letting out another blood hurtling scream. Tara’s hands stopped glowing as she pulled away from Karai.

“Get up you pussy.” Tara ordered. In shock, Karai had use of her legs again. They felt weak, but she was able to stablize herself and get to her feet. Her back hurt a bit, but not nearly as much as it did a few seconds ago.

“That… really hurt. But… thank you.” Karai said to Tara, whom stumbled. “You okay?”

“A break like that… took a lot out of me. I’m starting to feel dizzy. Oh god… my hangover is coming back!” Tara exclaimed as she leaned against the building that Raviel is sitting against. Turning to Raviel, Tara spoke again. "Maybe getting shit faced at your farewell party wasn't a good idea. Haha." Karai felt the cut on her head from when Sirus kicked her. While it wasn’t bleeding, it still hurt a lot. Karai’s head was pounding.

--------------------

Noroi ran down the street as the two saw a line of soldiers in front of them. “Get outta my way!” Noroi ordered, running toward the group.

“Return to your homes immediately. This situation is too dangerous for any pedestrians.” One of the guards ordered.

“Hey! We aren’t just anyone! We are Jinsoku’s personal trained warriors and members of his personal attack squadron against Slieza today!” Noroi exclaimed.

“We have strict orders not to let anyone pass. Return to your homes now or the two of you will be arrested.” The guard threatened.

“Please excuse my brother; he’s an idiot.” Yuki explained, grabbing Noroi by the back of his shirt. “Lets go.”

“To hell with that!” Noroi broke free from Yuki’s grip. Noroi jumped at the guard, kicking him and using him as a jump to get passed the blockade.

"Noroi you idiot." Yuki said to himself before running over the fallen guard and following Noroi’s example, getting deeper into the city. Yuki caught up to Noroi, whom stopped running. Yuki saw Noroi staring down an enemy from earlier in the day, Hitsugaya of the Band of Three.

--------------------
Sirus charged at Jinsoku, sweeping out his legs. Sirus quickly followed this up with a strong uppercut, launching Jinsoku high in the air. Sirus opened a wormhole under himself and above Jinsoku, which Sirus fell through. Sirus grabbed Jinsoku on his way back down to the earth, kneeing Jinsoku in his back twice before back flipping and kicking Jensuki even higher in the air. Sirus fell through another wormhole that he opened, reappearing above Jinsoku again. Sirus used his speed to hit the ascending Jinsoku with a diving kick in the head, spinning Jinsoku in the air. Sirus landed on the ground before Jinsoku. Sirus spun, kicking the upside-down Jinsoku in the ribs, sending him flying across the mud.

Sirus approached his fallen prey, licking his lips. Sirus cracked his neck as he stepped closer. “Is that all? It can’t be over already.” Sirus taunted. Jinsoku didn’t move. Suddenly, a blood hurtling scream was heard. Sirus turned his attention toward the scream for a few seconds. Sirus turned back, charging a lightning bolt in his hand. A second blood hurtling scream was heard, causing Sirus to disperse the lightning bolt.

“It would seem the boy is still in there somewhere.” Sirus turned to see Mikoto. “It appears I have underestimated you, I did not think you would take over so quickly.”

“Last time we met in combat, you needed four others to bring me down. You think you can defeat me here, all alone?” Sirus asked.

“Last time we fought you weren’t in the body of this boy. You are still adapting to his abilities.” Mikoto told Sirus.

“No, I mastered his abilities eighteen years ago. I have more control than the boy does.” Sirus explained. “I am going to kill you here, once and for all.”

“Even if I fall, your defeat will fall into the hands of another.” Mikoto claimed.

“Ever the optimist. Optimism is for those whom can’t accept reality.”

“Then let’s finish this, the way it started.” Mikoto readied himself.

--------------------

“Tara will you be alright here by yourself?” Karai asked, approaching Raviel, whom has slipped out of consciousness. “I can shadow walk Raviel into a hospital and bandage him up to stop the bleeding. My head hurts too much to carry you both at the same time. I’ll come back for you, I promise. ”
“Get the dumb prick bandaged up, I’ll be here when you get back.” Tara ordered. Karai nodded and grabbed Raviel, tossing his arm over her neck so she can walk with him. “Hey, do me a favor. Get me a bottle of sake will ya?” Karai just blew it off and stepped into the shadows. “I’m serious!” Tara yelled.

--------------------

“I knew Slieza had something to do with this! Now I’m gonna finish you off!” Noroi exclaimed. Hitsugaya smirked as Noroi ran at him. Hitsugaya sidestepped Noroi, grabbed his arm, and shoved him into a broken down building wall.

“Hey! Get off of me! Why you!” Noroi yelled.

“Shut up and listen to me.” Hitsugaya ordered. Yuki took the opportunity to run up and shove his body into Hitsugaya’s back, causing Hitsugaya to release his grip on Noroi. Yuki then kneed Hitsugaya in the back and shot a small fireball from his hand into Hitsugaya’s chest. Hitsugaya was pushed back slightly before spinning and kicking Yuki in the face.

“I’m going to crush you!” Noroi yelled, jumping at Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya grabbed Noroi’s arm as he dropped onto his back, launching Noroi like a catapult into the wall behind him.

“Both of you shut up. I remember seeing you at the palace, so I suppose Lino Shi has some sort of use out of you.” Hitsugaya began. “We share a common enemy, Kobura. He wants to kill me and you.”

“Lier! Kobura is your boss!” Noroi said, getting back to his feet. “Now, feel my wrath!” Noroi charged at Hitsugaya, whom simply kicked Noroi in the face, sending him onto the floor. Yuki stepped back from Hitsugaya.

“Why should we trust you?” Yuki questioned.

“Because if I wanted you dead, you’d be dead.” Hitsugaya said.

“Then what do you want?” Noroi asked, wiping blood off his lip.

“I want to stop Kobura, same as you.”

“Then lets get going.” Noroi said, getting up. “So does this mean we’re friends now?”

“No. While we share a common enemy, I would never associate myself with pathetic vermin like you.” Hitsugaya snapped, walking away from the two and toward Sirus.

“Hey! Wait up!” Noroi yelled, chasing after Hitsugaya. Yuki chased Noroi.

--------------------

Karai carried Raviel into the hospital, in a dark room full of supplies. She grabbed a needle and thread, some bandages, some wipes, and gloves. She put the gloves on, used a wipe to push on Raviel’s wound, slowing the bleeding. She threaded the needle and began to sew him up. After a few minutes, Karai wiped down the amateur sewed wound and took off her gloves. Karai kissed Raviel on the cheek.

“If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here right now.” Karai said, more to herself than to Raviel. She leaned over Raviel, listening to make sure he’s breathing. Raviel opened his eyes and blinks a little, before trying to sit up.

“Karai? What’s going on?” Raviel asked.

“Tara healed me, and I sewed you up. We need to go back and get Tara.” Karai explained. “I’ll be right back.” Raviel nodded. Karai turned to him. “How long have you been awake?”

“Long enough to hear what you said., and feel what you did.” Raviel told Karai.

“If you tell anyone about that, Ill kill you myself. Got it?” Karai asked. Raviel nodded as Karai walked into the shadows.

--------------------

Sirus charged at Mikoto, extending his arm for a punch. Mikoto blocked him, pushing Sirus’s arm toward the ground. Sirus opened his hand and shot a quick lightning bolt, getting himself off the ground. In the air, Sirus spun, attempting to kick Mikoto in the face. Mikoto blocked the kick before grabbing Sirus’s leg and kicking him in the ribs. Mikoto kneed Sirus in the face before throwing him up in the air and shoving his shoulder into Sirus’s stomach, knocking him into the muddy ground. The hail began to speed up and change into a heavy rain.

“Come now, your getting sloppy. Don’t think for a minute that in my old age and in the peaceful time I’ve lost my step. You can’t defeat me being this predictable.” Mikoto taunted. Sirus was back to his feet already.

“Don’t make me laugh. I was hoping that you would prove that you are still as weak as ever. Don’t you forget the last time we met on the battlefield, I killed your son.” Sirus said with a smirk.

“And today I honor his sacrifice.” Mikoto proclaimed. "Don't make the mistake of thinking I've grown weak. I'm still the same damn guy I was eighteen years ago."

“Then come at me.”