Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

The King and the Prince

“So, what should we do with the boy?” Kobura asked, approaching a young infant crying in the desert sands.

“With his kind of power, we can’t leave him out here to die, or worse, be taken by bandits. One of us has to watch over him.” Mikoto said, approaching Kobura and the young boy.

“Slieza is in the middle of a war, it’s far to dangerous for me to take him.” Kobura explained, picking the young boy up and cradling him. Kobura handed the infant to Mikoto. As soon as he is in Mikoto’s arms, the baby stopped crying.

“It would seem he agrees. What should we name him?” Mikoto asked.

“Considering that power inside him, how about Sirus, after Sirus-Ousama?” Kobura suggested.

“Though evil, Sirus does sound like a good name for the boy, considering everything.” Mikoto agreed. “Sirus Kumori then.”

--------------------

Mikoto charged at Sirus, attempting to punch Sirus in the face. Sirus stepped to the side as a rock came out of the ground, forming a spike that shot up and hit Sirus in the chest. Sirus pushed off the spike and into the air. Mikoto waved his arm across his face as five knives flew out of the air in front of Mikoto, toward the airborne Sirus. Sirus opened both hands and sent a wave of electricity into the air, destroying the knives as Sirus descended back to the ground.

Sirus landed and charged at Mikoto, charging his foot with electricity. Sirus went to kick Mikoto, whom pulled a small pillar out of rock from the ground to block the attack. Mikoto took a deep breath before blowing knives at Sirus. As quickly as the knives came toward him, Sirus conjured a storm right between him and the knives, raining hard enough to push the weapons to the ground before they could reach him.

Sirus opened his mouth and shot a small lightning bolt, which the heavy rain made a path for. The lightning bolt was directed straight into Mikoto, whom took the hit in his left eye. Mikoto covered his eye and retreated back, reacting to the lightning bolt. Mikoto’s left eye was blinded by the lightning bolt. Mikoto turned to defend himself but took a electrically charged roundhouse kick to his right cheek, flipping him through the air and hard into the mud.

--------------------

“Sirus, I need to speak to you.” The orphanage director instructed. Sirus, now age four, got up from the corner of the room and walked over to the director. Sirus followed the director into his office. The director closed the door behind them as Sirus noticed a tall man wearing a white robe in the room with them. Sirus sat on the chair opposite this stranger.

“Who are you?” Sirus asked.

“My name is Mikoto Chikyu. I am Higumia-Ousama’s right-hand man. I am the man whom found you when you were a baby. I brought you here, where you would be raised until I could take you home. I am here to adopt you.” Mikoto explained. “I have already filled out the paperwork.” Mikoto smiled. Sirus was unsure if he is ready to go with this man, but decided to follow him out anyway.

“So, should I call you dad or something?” Sirus asked.

“Mikoto is fine; or dad, either one is good. So, I heard that you were very distant from the other kids at the orphanage.” Mikoto questioned.

“The other kids are stupid.” Sirus replied.

“Now Sirus, I’m sure you just don’t understand them, or they don’t understand you.” Mikoto said, looking at the boy with a smile.

“Mikoto, you said that you found me as a baby. What happened to my parents?” Sirus questioned.

“They were killed…” Mikoto said, looking up from the boy. “…by a demon.”

--------------------

Mikoto pushed a pillar from the mud, launching himself into the air and back to his feet. Mikoto landed, staring down his opponent through his only working eye. Mikoto lunched a pillar under Sirus as Sirus ran toward Mikoto. Sirus was launched up, and continued toward Mikoto, using the momentum of the launch. Sirus placed his hands together, charging and launching a large lightning bolt toward Mikoto. Mikoto jumped out of the way of the blast as Sirus landed on the ground, fist pushed into the ground splitting it toward Mikoto.

Mikoto clapped his hands together, closing the break in the earth, stopping Sirus’s earthquake. Mikoto opened his hands, pulled them up, and closed them, forming two pillars which slammed shut. Sirus blew a large hole in one of the of the pillars, giving himself a way of avoiding being smashed between them. The two had a stare down again.

--------------------

Sirus was panting as he was knocked back from his personal trainer. Sirus charged at his personal trainer, jumping at this trainer and kicking for his ribs. Sirus was too small to get his trainer’s face. The trainer caught Sirus’s leg and pulled him into the air before slamming the four year old into the ground.

“Enough. You have improved quickly, my dear boy.” Mikoto commented, walking toward the two. The trainer reached down for Sirus, helping him up. Sirus got to his feet and shook his trainers hand.

“Same time next week?” Sirus asked.

“Mikoto said that next week your off the hook; says its your birthday! I’ll bring you a present though.” The trainer answered.

“A present?” Sirus asked, putting his hand behind his head. Mikoto noticed something under Sirus’s torn shirt, and quickly moved the sleeve.

“Sirus, where did you get that tattoo? How long have you had it?” Mikoto asked, his voice stern for the first time in the eight months since Sirus was adopted.

--------------------

Hitsugaya, Yuki and Noroi arrived at the scene of the fight, watching as Sirus and Mikoto stared at each other. Yuki grabbed Hina, whom was sitting against a brick wall.

“Yuki? Noroi?” Hina asked, without taking a glance off the fight.

“Hina right?” Hitsugaya asked, stepping up to her. “Mikoto is doing what he can to help your boyfriend, but at this point it is too late for Mikoto to do it by himself. I’m going to help you to save him. When Mikoto tries to seal Sirus’s curse, you need to run in there and do whatever you can to make him remember who he is.” Hina nodded.

--------------------

“Kobura!” Mikoto yelled, walking into the Slieza palace. “Kobura!”

“What can I do for you?” Kobura asked, walking toward Mikoto. The new king of Slieza was accompanied by several guards, incase Mikoto was an assailant. Mikoto got close to Kobura, getting into his face.

“You cursed Sirus. You little bastard, you cursed Sirus!” Mikoto was yelling.

“Come now, Mikoto, relax yourself. This is the first day of my reign over Slieza. No ‘congratulations, great job, etc?’ Come now, my old friend, is that any way to greet a king?” Kobura asked, almost taunting Mikoto.

“You are no king to me. Why the hell did you curse Sirus?”

“Come now, my friend, don’t you know this already? The boy is so powerful. naturally, his body is perfect for me. I’m going to control the world with his body as my own.” Kobura snickered.

“I will kill you myself! I adopted him as my son. You’ve cursed my son!”

“Oh no no no no, I cursed him the first night he was at that disgusting orphanage. Don’t worry, he is merely going to embrace his inner-self.” Kobura snickered.

--------------------

Sirus charged at Mikoto, electrocuting Mikoto when Sirus punched him. Sirus kicked Mikoto hard in the face, whom slid across the mud. Sirus continued to charge at Mikoto. Mikoto knew it was over; Sirus was getting overconfident, getting careless.

“I'm sorry it had to come to this, Sirus. You were a son to me, I will never forget you.” Mikoto said, more to himself than to Sirus. Mikoto swept, attempting to take out Sirus’s legs. Sirus easily read the attack and jumped into the air, flipping over Mikoto. Mikoto used this opportunity to create a spike from the ground, which pierced Sirus’s stomach and lower chest. Mikoto sighed as he heard Sirus exhale his last breath.

--------------------

Sirus, age sixteen, punched Noroi in the face. Sirus was fighting Noroi for his test to become a city guard. At this point in his life, Sirus knew Noroi harbored a demon, one of the nine demons, and blamed Noroi for the death of his parents. Sirus knocked Noroi onto his back before kneeling over the fallen teenager. Sirus clenched his fist, charged a small lightning bolt into his hand, and punched Noroi square in the face. Again, again, again, again, punch after punch, Sirus’s hand began to be covered in Noroi’s blood. Sirus felt his anger grow with every punch.

Sirus’s back started to hurt, specifically his shoulder that his tattoo was on. Sirus felt his power grow with his anger as he continued to punch his foe repeatedly. Sirus’s eyes changed from black to red. Jinsoku Hakati, Sirus’s trainer, Karai Atsui, Sirus’s best friend, and Mikoto-Ousama pulled Sirus off of Noroi as three medics and Yuki ran to the bloody boy.

Mikoto pulled Sirus out of the arena and backstage, where a young thirteen year old girl awaited for him. Sirus, among seeing the young girl, calmed down and hugged her, kissing her cheek. “Hey, Hina.” Sirus whispered.

Sirus looked up at Mikoto, whom was watching the young couple. “How long have the two of you been together now?” Mikoto asked, with a smile that surprised Sirus.

“Three months.” Sirus answered, happily. In the long years that Mikoto had been raising him, Sirus was never as happy as he was when he was with Hina. “By the way, Mikoto, I’ve seen how busy you have been. I don’t want you to continue worrying about me. I am moving out.”

Mikoto looked at Sirus and smiled. “Fine, I understand. Just remember, even when you're on your own, I’ll always protect you.”

--------------------

Hina ran toward Mikoto, crying after seeing the end of the battle. “Mikoto-Ousama, you said you would help him! You promised you would return him to me!” Hina screamed, crying.

“I’m sorry Hina, I did what I could. I just couldn’t save him.” Mikoto said, a tear falling from his eye.

“You seem to underestimate me.” Mikoto and Hina turned to what they thought was the corpse of Sirus. Sirus gripped the spike and pushed, pulling himself off the spike. Sirus stood in front of the group. Sirus’s stomach was red, covered in blood. Mikoto was in a shock, but not surprised.

“I was hoping you were still alive. Your control over Sirus ends now.” Mikoto said with a smile. Mikoto pulled up his hands, causing a pillar to push into Sirus’s back. Sirus was pushed into Mikoto’s hand. Mikoto pushed hard on Sirus’s chest and his cursed shoulder. Sirus screamed as a large burst of energy started to blow out of his body. Sirus’s eyes started to return from red to black, but kept a red tint. Sirus’s curse started to retreat to his shoulder.

"Finish him. He is pushing you back. Finish him!" Sirus heard the voice of someone in his head, someone whom he knew but could not recognize. Hina ran forward and grabbed Sirus, hugging her love as tightly as she could, trying to snap him out of the grip of his curse. Sirus raised his arm toward Mikoto before yelling as a burst of energy emitted a bright light, causing everyone to need to cover their eyes. The energy was so powerful it was felt around the world.

--------------------

“You will give me the boy!” Kobura demanded, slamming his hands on Mikoto’s desk.

“You will never have Sirus! I told you fifteen years ago and I’ll tell you now, you will never have Sirus!” Mikoto yelled.

“You and your country will pay for this! You have my demands. If you do not bring me the boy, Slieza will retaliate.” Kobura demanded.

“No! Absolutely unacceptable! We will not be intimidated by such vague threats from anyone, even at your level of authority! Now get out of my office and my country!” Mikoto exploded.

“Fine, you have my conditions. You cannot blame me for whatever happens to this country.” Kobura threatened, walking out of Mikoto’s office.

--------------------

As the light cleared, Hitsugaya, Noroi and Yuki saw Hina kissing her love, whom was missing the curse from his arm. Unfortunately, the curse was still visible on Sirus’s shoulder. Sirus was in his own control again. Sirus fell unconscious, and fell. Hina caught Sirus as he fell, embracing him. Noroi and Yuki ran to Mikoto, whom was on his back, his eyes wide and his chest with a large hole. Sirus had shot a lightning bolt into Mikoto’s chest as his last action before the curse gave out.

“Mikoto-Ousama! Mikoto-Ousama!” Noroi screamed as he and Yuki tried to help the lifeless corpse.

Hitsugaya bent down next to Hina, whom was holding Sirus. “I want to help the two of you. Sirus needs to learn how to control his curse, and how to use it against Kobura. If he controls his curse well enough, Sirus will be able to finish Kobura and avenge your son.” Hitsugaya turned to see Hina crying. “I’m sorry. He was an unfortunate victim in this war.” Yuki and Noroi, having overheard, were shocked.

--------------------

“That energy… Finally I’ve found you, father.” A wormhole opened and as a man stepped through.