Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

Counterattack

“Ms Roiyaru, open up!” A few soldiers were around Hina’s home, knocking on her door. “Ms Roiyaru, open now! Break it down.” One soldier ordered another. The other soldier took a few steps back before charging at the door, breaking it down. The two soldiers and Mikoto cautiously stepped inside.

“Over here!” One of the soldiers called, having found two unconscious bodies. The soldier recognized one of them as Jinsoku Hakati, a trainer in town. The sound of a baby’s crying distracted the soldiers. The soldiers followed the crying into the kitchen, where they found Hina sitting at the table. Staring off into space, as if in a trance, Hina was holding the crying Akura. Mikoto approached Hina.

“Hina Roiyaru, you need to come with us.” Mikoto told the stunned girl. Hina didn’t move. “Hina, you’re in shock. I need you to come with me.” Hina slightly nodded her head and got up. “Hina, I promise everything will be okay.”

“Sir we just got word that Tara has entered Domino.” A soldier told Mikoto, entering the home.

“Good. Get the two that you found to the hospital, so she can look at them. I will escort Hina myself.”

--------------------

Raviel opened his eyes, blinking a few times. Raviel was unsure if he was dreaming or not.

“You leave for a day and you already got your ass kicked? What the hell did you do?” A woman’s familiar voice echoed as she healed the wounds on Raviel’s leg.

“T… Tara?” Raviel asked, trying to sit up.

“Damn right! Did you miss me so much you had to shove your sword through your leg? I should beat your ass!”

“Pff, I was glad to be rid of you.” Tara laughed and pulled her hands away from Raviel’s leg. Tara gave Raviel a smile.

“You’re good to go soldier.” Tara told Raviel. Raviel sat up before swinging his legs off the bed and standing. Immediately upon standing, Raviel hugged Tara. Raviel looked around the room, noticing Jinsoku talking to a few soldiers. Hina, however, was nowhere to be found.

“So… Whats going on? Where is Hina?” Raviel asked.

“Hina? You mean the chick you came here to marry? Are you already with her?” Tara asks

“No, she’s got a son, and had a boyfriend before he attacked us a little while ago. Seems all like a bad dream to be honest.” Raviel noticed Jinsoku walking over toward them.

“Ah, Raviel, I see you met Tara. She is the best healer we have in Lino Shi. Actually, we brought her from your village. She was summoned as soon as the war began.”

“Yea, I’ve known her for a long time. She was my neighbor.” Raviel explained.

“Oh, ok. Well Raviel, after today’s assault, Mikoto-Ousama is organizing a small army to attack Slieza. We need a few small assault forces to invade Slieza quietly. Mikoto has organized three squad leaders to choose soldiers to lead their own assaults with. You’re in my squad.” Jinsoku explained.

“Where is Hina?” Raviel asked.

“She has been talking to Mikoto-Ousama since I‘ve been conscious. Apparently, Mikoto-Ousama has information just for her about today.”

“Okay. Who else is going to be in the squad?” Raviel asked.

“It will be the two of us, a woman named Karei Atsui, and two brothers I trained named Noroi and Yuki Kuwashii. To be honest, Noroi is kind of… well… stupid. He’s not bright but he has passion and is willing to fight. To be honest… bringing him might hurt our chances at stealth but at some point we need to be discovered anyway. Yuki is… well… lets just say the two don’t have the traits that they probably should for this mission.” Jinsoku explained.

“Then why are you taking them?” Tara asked.

“I have never made a bad decision.” Jinsoku told her.

“But… you said it yourself, bringing these two might not be the best choice.” Raviel chimed in, expressing his concern.

“Trust me, I have my reasons.” Jinsoku told the two. “Come, let’s go meet your partners.”

“Hey asshole I better not find out your dead out there.” Tara told Raviel. Raviel smiled before hugging Tara. Tara whispered “You come back.”

“I will.” Raviel whispers.

Raviel turned and walked out with Jinsoku. Raviel followed Jinsoku, thinking about what they just went through. “Sensei… what do we do about Sirus?