Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

The Rose

“Plan seems simple enough, Sensei.” Karai said, getting up from the table. Jinsoku got up with Karai, giving her a concerned look. To Karai’s surprise, Jinsoku put a hand on her shoulder.

“There’s one more thing, Karai. Raviel and I have reason to believe…” Jinsoku stopped, it was obvious he didn‘t want to tell Karai something.

“Sensei?” Karai was concerned.

“Raviel and I… Raviel and I believe Sirus one of the Band of Three…” Jinsoku seemed to stumble over his words as he said them. Jinsoku looked at Karai, whom looked toward the floor.

“Your lying! Why would you say such a thing?!” Karai yelled.

“It’s true. Sirus attacked Jinsoku and I earlier today.” Raviel explained, getting up from his seat.

“Shut the hell up! Sirus would never do such a thing!” Karai yelled at Raviel. Karai looked back at the floor, talking to herself. “He wouldn’t…”

“Sirus has turned against Lino Shi. We need to treat him like any other enemy.” Raviel said, taking his seat.

“Sirus and Karai… the two trained together for years. Karai is Sirus’ son’s godmother. They were best friends.” Yuki explained to Raviel.

“The way I see it, this is good. Sirus was a dick anyway; this just gives me reason to beat his face in! Ha!” Noroi exclaimed. Karai slammed her fist into the table. Jinsoku placed his hand onto Karai\s shoulder again.

“Karai… Raviel and Noroi is right. If we fight Sirus… you can’t hold back. We want to take him alive… but that doesn’t mean he won’t try to kill you. Karai… you need to prepare for anything. You’re going to need to hurt him… and maybe even kill him.” Jinsoku told Karai. “So… are you ready?” Karai reluctantly nodded.

--------------------

“Sirus… This whole thing was a trap?” Kara asked. “What is it about me that’s so important that you need to go through all this?”

“If you returned to Hisakata, the Hisakata army would attack Slieza. We can destroy Lino Shi, but two wars at once? Not the best idea for Slieza.” Across the room from them, sitting on a throne, was Kobura, Slieza’s king.

Kara looked at Sirus with heartache. Here she thought she found a new friend, someone she could trust, but all he wanted was to kill her. Kara pulled the rose out of her hair. Kara stared at the rose, her rage building. Kara threw the rose onto the ground before putting up her guard.

“Sirus, kill her.” Kobura smirked. Kara readied herself as Sirus attacked her quickly, attempting to punch her in the face. Kara jumped back, kicking at Sirus. Sirus ducked the kick before punching Kara in the gut. Sirus then quickly kicked Kara in the face while she was bent over, knocking her back and breaking her nose. Kara landed hard on her back, sliding across the room’s floor. Kara slid until she landed against the wall. Kara quickly got to her feet, wiping the blood on her lips from her broken nose. Looking up, Kara saw Sirus charging at her.

Kara rolled out of the way as Sirus punched the wall behind her. Kara ran at Sirus, whom quickly spun around and launched a lightning bolt at Kara. Kara ducked the lightning bolt before heating up her foot. Kara jumped in the air before kicking at Sirus. Sirus sidestepped, shooting a small bolt of lightning. The lightning bolt caught Kara in the stomach, electrocuting her. Kara fell to the ground. She was scared that the lightning bolts Sirus shot could stop someone’s heart. Luckily for her, the lightning bolt struck her in the stomach. Had it struck her in the heart, Kara was certain she would no longer draw breath. Kara fell to her knees, looking up as Sirus approached her.

Kara knew she needed to do some damage. Kara hadn’t gotten a hit landed on Sirus, but she knew she couldn’t take too much more. She needed to catch a slipup, to capitalize and turn this fight around. Sirus attempted to kick her in the face, but Kara caught Sirus’s foot. Kara pushed all her body heat into her hands, heating her hands enough to burn Sirus‘s leg. Sirus pulled his leg back as Kara got to her feet. Kara kicked Sirus in the chest. Kara followed her kick with another kick, directly into Sirus’s face. Kara also transferred the head from her hands back into her feet, leaving a burn on Sirus’s face. Sirus spun through the air, landing on both his feet, using one of his hands to support himself. Sirus didn’t back down; he immediately charged back at her.

Kara dodged Sirus’s attack, giving her the opportunity to kick out his knee. Kara followed this up by kicking Sirus in the jaw. Sirus flipped through the air, before rolling on the ground. Sirus rolled across the room, before pushing his palm onto the floor; pushing himself up to his feet while he slid. Sirus smirked and tilted his neck, cracking it. Kara noticed the burn was already gone; it healed much faster than she had predicted. Kara knew that this was bad; Sirus, or someone else, was healing him. It didn’t matter who was healing him, only that it meant more trouble for her. Kara needed to deal a lot of damage quickly, before it could be healed off. She needed to stop playing defensive and get aggressive.

Kara charged at Sirus, jamming her knee into his ribs. Kara followed this by hitting Sirus with an uppercut, knocking him into the air. Kara quickly slid under Sirus, grabbing his arms. She jammed her knee into his back. Kara then quickly got to her feet and kicked Sirus hard in the temple of his head, spinning him into the air. Kara followed this by catching Sirus in the air with a kick to his ribs, sending him across the room. Sirus slid a few feet and laid face down. After a few seconds, to Kara’s surprise, Sirus hadn’t gotten back up.

“My lord, Sirus isn’t getting up. Should I finish the job?” One of the two men near Kobura requested.

“No, Hitsugaya, Sirus is fine. His natural abilities will let him fend off anything the girl can throw at him. Kara can’t defeat him even if he was an infant.” Kobura told Hitsugaya. Kara’s anger boiled. Not only was she betrayed by her friend, but now she’s also being underestimated!

Kara crossed the room to the fallen Sirus and picked him up. To Kara’s surprise, there was no noticeable damage; it seemed like she had never even hit him. Under Sirus, however, was the rose she had dropped. Again to Kara’s surprise, the rose was completely unharmed, as if Sirus did everything he could to make sure he didn’t damage it when he landed on it. Kara was about to stomp out the rose when she heard a whisper.

“Help… me…” Kara looked at Sirus, whom still didn’t seem hurt at all. His voice told other stories. It sounded like he was in a lot of pain. “Kobura… is…” Sirus was now looking at her and quickly his mood changed. Sirus spun out of her grip and swept out her legs. Kara back flipped and landed on her feet, putting together her suspicions.

---------------------

“Sensei, I've found Kobura.” Karai informed Jinsoku and the group, standing in the shadows. Her eyes were black, as she watched through the shadows. Suddenly she clenched her fists, punching the nearby wall. “And I’ve found Sirus.”

“Remember our objective Karai. We need to take Kobura alive, but more importantly find out anything they could be planning. What can you hear?” Jinsoku asked.

Karai’s ears blackened as she listened through the shadows. After a few minutes, she punched the wall again, now angrier than ever. She understood exactly what was going on.

“Karai what is it?” Jinsoku asked.

“I'm going to kill Kobura.” Karai answered, nothing but vengeance in her voice.

--------------------

“Why did his mood change my lord? Why is he suddenly fighting back? Why did he play possum?” Hitsugaya asked.

“He is resisting me. Being as its still a new connection, I don’t quite have complete control yet. Everything this girl does helps Sirus fight it.” Kobura answered.

“Then let me kill her.” The other man, Fairdaku, interjected.

“The more she hits the boy, the angrier he gets. The angrier he gets, the easier he is to control. He needs to learn to kill those he cares about.” Kobura explained.

--------------------

Kara figured it out, and based on the little snippets of what she just heard from Kobura speaking with Fairdaku and Hitsugaya, she was completely sure. Sirus was under Kobura’s control. Kara picked up the rose that had started breaking Sirus from Kobura’s control and held it as Sirus attacked her again. Kara kicked Sirus in the back of his knee, knocking it out. She grabbed Sirus and pulled him up to her.

“Sirus, remember who you are! You’re being controlled! Snap out of it!” Kara exclaimed, shoving the rose in his face. Kara started to see Sirus’s expression change; he seemed to be tired, as apposed to the aggressive Sirus she’s been seeing.

“Kara…” Sirus whispered. Kara was relieved; Sirus knew who she was. Sirus had broken free from Kobura’s control. Kara freed him from Kobura’s control! Kara let go of him as he stumbled for a minute. Kara was so happy now, knowing that she had a chance here and that she still had a friend.

As her legs were swept from under her, Kara realized she was wrong. She felt Sirus’s palm catch her stomach and push her into the ground. She felt a little electricity going through her stomach. Kara had lost all movement. It was getting hard to breathe. Kara couldn’t even blink. Nothing. Kara just starred at the ceiling of the room, unable to do anything. Sirus was going to be her executioner. She was finished. All she could do was listen on as she heard Kobura and his elites.

“Good boy. You see Hitsugaya, you worried for nothing. Sirus is completely mine. He has slain his friend there, and the threat to our dominance.” Kobura explained.

“My lord, who shall be my next victim?” Sirus asked.

“Kobura! It’s all over! Mikoto has sent his elite to capture you and slay your band. You have nowhere to run!”

“Oh, I thought I killed the one on the right. Strange, usually blasting someone through a wall while he bleeds out from his own sword is all it takes. Kids these days, never know when to be dead.” Hitsugaya joked. Kara wished so desperately to see what was going on, but all she could do was hear voices.

--------------------

“Hina, there will be several guards around you and Akura at all times during this war. Jinsoku, Hitoki, and Desnock have been sent with small groups to capture Sirus and Kobura, if possible. When he is brought back I will be able to break Kobura’s hold.” Mikoto explained.

“What if someone kills Kobura, and he transfers bodies? Will he take Sirus’s?” Hina asked.

“I hope not. If he does, all hope will be lost. The raw power in Sirus and the evil in Kobura… the world will fall into the hands of a truly evil demon. All of the members of the offensive force have been instructed of Kobura’s ability to change bodies, and were told to take him alive. If he dies, he will have about a half-hour window in the spirit world before he can connect with another body. When he is captured and brought back here, I will enter the spirit world and kill him myself.” Mikoto explained. “Then he will be exterminated from existence all together.”

“Will anything happen to Sirus after he is broken from Kobura’s control?”

“No, he will be completely fine. Actually…” Mikoto picked up a picture of Sirus and Hina in their bedroom, noticing Sirus’s tattoo on his back. “Actually… Kobura might have another way of controlling Sirus. Should his rage build too high... I have a few things to do. Your personal body guards should be arriving shortly.”

--------------------

“Were going in. Everyone grab onto me.” Karai instructed. Jinsoku and Raviel grabbed Karai’s left shoulder; Noroi and Yuki grabbed her right. Karai stepped forward as the group disappeared in the shadows; Karai walked them right into Kobura’s fortress.

“Kobura! Its all over! Mikoto has sent his elite to capture you and slay your band. You have nowhere to run!” Jinsoku exclaimed.

“Oh, I thought I killed the one on the right. Strange, usually blasting someone through a wall while he bleeds out from his own sword is all it takes. Kids these days, never know when to be dead.” Hitsugaya joked. Raviel charged at Hitsugaya. Karai can’t help herself as she face palm. Raviel tripped as he was running at Hitsugaya.

“Raviel… You are pathetic.” Karai told Raviel, glaring at him. Karai then turned her attention toward Sirus and stepped toward him.

“Sirus! Kill the girl!” Kobura ordered. Sirus smirked and charged at Karai, whom dodged him. Sirus grabbed her wrist and pulled her in front of him.

“Trust me.” Sirus whispered as he shoved Karai away. Karai was a bit confused, but she turned and charged at him. Sirus opened a wormhole, sending her to an unknown building. She looked around, standing in what looked like a living room connected to a kitchen. There was an open bag full of clothes on the couch in the living room. Karai noticed a table in the kitchen with documents spread across it. Karai approached and quickly glanced over the documents. They were all documents on a wanted man, Kyoukei Udukei. Karai’s concentration was interrupted when she heard a sound which she could only describe as a whooshing sound. She recognized it immediately, spinning around. Behind her stood Jinsoku, Sirus, Raviel, Noroi, and Yuki. There was a strange girl in Sirus’s arms. Sirus laid the girl on the couch.

“What… What’s going on here?” Karai asked.

“Kara here snapped me out of my hypnosis from Kobura. To keep the illusion that I was under his control, I paralyzed Kara, to make it seem like she was dead. I was going to try to get as many documents as I could before you morons screwed it up on me.” Sirus explained, humor in his voice. Karai ran to Sirus. hugging him tightly.

“I knew you weren’t evil! You could never be evil!” Karai yelled.

“So how long will she be paralyzed?” Raviel asked.

“Probably a few hours. However a good healer could speed that up.” Sirus told Raviel.

“I’ll get Tara.” Jinsoku told the group as he approached the door. Jinsoku noticed the documents on the table and stared at them.

“Jinsoku, don’t worry about those documents.” Sirus approached the table. “While they are in her possession, Kara did not steal these; I did. She is merely looking for Kyoukei, and I was helping her.”

Jinsoku nodded and walked out. Sirus approached the opened door before turning back to the group. “Thanks for everything guys . I need to go return home, to find Hina and Akura.” Sirus left, closing the door behind him.

Karai looked at the table again before turning to Raviel. Raviel, Noroi and Yuki were all laughing and joking around. Karai closed her eyes before speaking to Raviel. “Raviel… you’re truly pathetic. You tripped over your own two feet, attacking a member of the Band of Three. You’re lucky you aren’t dead! How Jinsoku could ever want to willingly give you a minute of his time is beyond me.”

Raviel didn’t respond to her. He decided it would be easier to shut her up with action than with words. One slipup here didn’t mean anything in the long run. Somehow Raviel had a feeling he would spend a lot of time with Karai.

--------------------

Hina heard a knocking at the door and thought it must be the guards sent to protect her. Hina opened the door and saw her love. “Hina… I was being controlled by Kobura, the king of Slieza, but I’m free.” Sirus explained.

“I know. I know everything.” Hina replied, hugging Sirus tightly. She brought Sirus into the house, closing the door. She led him into the bedroom and kissed him, pulling him onto the bed. Hina wrapped her arms around her love as Sirus kissed the back of her neck. The moment was ruined, however, when the two heard a crash from down the hall. Sirus and Hina looked out to see their door knocked in. Hina followed closely behind Sirus as they searched the house. The couple entered Akura’s room, finding Kobura standing over Akura’s crib, smiling.

“Well well well, isn’t this a surprise?” Kobura taunted as he turned to face them, holding Akura in his arms.