Status: Book 1 of 4+

Alpha X

Reckless Intent

Karai turned toward the door. “I’m going to get Sirus, we need to discuss a plan.” Karai opened the door and stepped out. In the distance a large lightning bolt shot out into the sky. "That looks like Sirus’ lightning bolts… what’s going on?" Karai asked herself. Karai ran into the shadows, instantly traveling to the shadows of a house about 3 houses from Sirus’ home. She didn’t want to appear inside his home and be caught off guard in confusion. Karai looked up and saw a figure jump on top of Sirus’ house, unrecognizable in the evening sun. However, two bolts of lightning shot out of the figures hands, across the ground, through two buildings, and up into the air. Karai jumped to dodge one of them.

“Sirus…” Karai looked back at him as Sirus jumped off the building and continued to attack the town. Karai ran into the home as a figure jumped out through the same hole. From her point of view, it looked a little like Kobura, but she wasn’t certain. Laying against the wall, Karai found an unconscious Hina. Karai awakened Hina whom, after a few seconds, hugged Karai and started crying.

“Hina… what happened? Why is Sirus attacking the town and killing people?” Karai asked.

Hina sobbed, but she tried to explain. “Ko… Kobura… he cursed Sirus. When Sirus gets too angry… he… he… he loses control and attacks everything he sees. Kobura will pay for this… I will kill him. He…” Hina broke down, hysterically. She couldn’t get something out, something vital.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get Sirus back. I promise.” Karai hugged Hina slightly, before running outside. Karai stepped into the shadows, using the shadows caused by the evening sun to search the city quickly. Karai located Sirus and ran through the shadows, dropkicking him in the back. Karai noticed the visual effects of this curse on Sirus, the tattoo on his back spread across his arm.

Sirus spun around, shooting lightning at Karai with little accuracy. The lightning was easy to dodge. Sirus charged at Karai like a rabid dog, no thought behind his attacks. Karai easily dodged Sirus and swept out his legs before jumping backwards. Her plan was simple, lead Sirus out of town so people won’t get hurt, and take him out from there.

“Karai! Whats going on? You okay?” Karai peeked over her shoulder at the voice, seeing Raviel running toward her. Karai sighed, she didn't want this idiot to get in her way. Karai jumped backwards as Sirus attacked her again, avoiding him. Sirus shot a few large lightning bolts, bigger than any Karai has ever seen Sirus shoot before. Sirus’s power was feeding off this curse, this was obvious to her. Karai continued to dodge as she led Sirus, and unfortunately her follower Raviel, out of the city.

--------------------
“My lord, we have a situation. There is someone, or something, destroying the city. Scouts have seen him shooting lightning bolts that are strong enough to destroy entire buildings. Scout have also reported seeing a young girl chasing after the assailant. We also have suspicions that Kobura-Ousama is in the city.”

“Hmm, it seems Kobura had to resort to that.” Mikoto stood up from his throne and approached the general reporting the information. “Find Karite and Jinsoku. Bring the two of them here.”

“Jinsoku? He is merely a teacher. Why is he needed?” Mikoto merely glared at the general questioning him. The general nodded before leaving to find Karite and Jinsoku.

--------------------

Karai saw a group of army soldiers and a group of city guards running toward them. "Fuck, just when things were working. These idiots are going to get into my way! Raviel! Keep the guards and the army off of us, I’ll handle Sirus myself!” Karai called toward Raviel, while dodging another lightning bolt.

Raviel nodded and ran off toward the group of guards to try to make them leave Karai and Sirus alone. A powerful rain began, a nearly torrential level rain. Quickly a large bolt of lightning dropped from the clouds, landing on the army squad formations. Sirus turned toward the other squad as lightning struck again. The rest of the army disbursed, retreating out of fear. Karai knew what this was. Sirus had done it before when fighting Noroi; when Sirus’s anger gets too high he caused weather to change like this.

Sirus’s rage returned to Karai, which made her thankful. Now she had Sirus one on one, just how she wanted it. They were at an abandoned part of the city, close to the city limits. No one would get hurt here. Sirus’s attacks have been reckless; he wont be hard to dodge. However, a single hit might be enough to kill her. Karai grinned; finally a true challenge.

Karai charged at Sirus; whom launched a lightning bolt. Karai slid under the lightning bolt and kicked Sirus in the shin; knocking out his leg. Karai then flipped up and kicked Sirus in the face. Karai’s smile turned into shock as her foot was stopped in her kick. Sirus’s face wasn’t budging. Sirus shot an easily predictable lightning bolt. Karai quickly dodged and flipped over him, kicking him hard in the stomach. Once again, the kick had the same effect; no effect.

Karai jumped back, creating some distance. This was bad. Karai was extremely quick and agile, the perfect assassin, but she wasn’t strong. Her hits weren’t doing anything. She needed to draw a weapon, but she refused to risk killing Sirus. On the other hand, Sirus can probably kill everyone in Domino. Karai drew her knife and looked down at the dirt for a few seconds, thinking. If it was her going mad, Sirus would do whatever it meant to get her back. Sirus, however, wouldn’t risk killing her. Karai returned her knife and looked back up at Sirus.

--------------------

Raviel approached one of the army squad leaders. “You need to call off the squad. The attacker is extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. He needs to be led out of the city.”

“And you are?”

“My name is Raviel. I am one of Jinsoku’s apprentices. I have seen the assailants abilities up close; he is too dangerous to fight here in town.” Raviel heard the sound of thunder and as the strong rain began. Raviel was soaked in seconds. A loud bang was heard, like lightning crashed into the earth. Raviel turned to see an entire squad engulfed in the lightning before it dissipated, no bodies left. “You need to scatter and leave this alone. The assailant will be easiest if fought one on one, outside the city. Less lives will be lost.” Another bang, another squad gone.

“All troops disperse and retreat! Reform in the town square to formulate a new plan.”

--------------------

“My lord you wanted to see me?” Mikoto turned around to see a young man, about thirty, wearing white silk robes over heavy armor.

“Karite, you have been my apprentice for a long time. You are next in line for the throne, should anything happen to me.”

“What are you saying, Mikoto-Ousama?”

“Slieza’s attack was tremendous. For the first time, I fear for my own life. Kobura is on the front line. If he fights our warriors, he will likely win. I need to meet him myself, and kill him. Should I not come back, you need to be ready to take control of Lino Shi; you need to win the war.” Mikoto explained.

“My lord, I am honored to have served by you. I am so gracious you would give me this privilege, no, this honor. If you don’t come back, I promise I will win this war; not only for Lino Shi, but for you.” Karite smiled. Jinsoku entered the room. Mikoto walked toward Jinsoku.

“I know you can do it. I have faith in you.” Mikoto assured as he passed Karite. Mikoto met with Jinsoku and the two began to walk out, leaving the room. Mikoto turned back to Karite to remind him of something. "Remember what I told you about Sirus, and about why Kobura wants him. If Kobura takes Sirus's body, he will be a much larger threat than the cursed Sirus we see now." Mikoto proceeded toward the door again.

“Mikoto!” Mikoto turned to see Karite. “Goodbye my friend; I will never forget you.” Mikoto smiled and left.

--------------------

Sirus charged at Karai, launching lightning bolts with each step. Karai spun and flipped between the lightning bolts, followed by spinning on the ground and sweeping out Sirus’s legs. Karai’s back was covered in mud, due to the ground already starting to give to the rain. Karai was able to get Sirus off his feet, and he didn’t get up right away. Karai had a few seconds to think about her next move. Karai needed to get some kind of momentum if she wanted to take Sirus down. Karai jumped back about twenty feet as Sirus got back to his feet.

Karai charged at Sirus and went for a quick kick to his head, hoping the speed will help get him down. Once again she was stopped in her tracks. Karai cursed under her breath as she jumped back, sliding on the muddy grass. This thunderstorm that Sirus conjured up was starting to give him an advantage. If the ground gets too muddy, she wont be able to move as quickly due to the inability to keep a good footing. Moreover, the rain was starting to form large and deep puddles.

Sirus attacked Karai quickly and recklessly, launching a lightning bolt out of his hand. Karai dodged it and decided her best bet is to get into a shadow and use it to try and stall Sirus until she could think of a new plan. The only problem was that if Sirus is cursed, and the curse is feeding off his anger like she believes, the longer this takes the harder it will become. Sirus is quick to get frustrated when he can’t do something, and the more she dodges him the angrier he’ll get. Deep down, Sirus is in there. Deep down, Sirus’s short temper is going to get Karai killed.

Karai ran toward the forest, an area covered in shadow, in hopes of avoiding Sirus’s attacks. To Karai’s surprise, the rain stopped. The clouds dispersed and the sun was shining bright. In fact, it was extremely bright. If Sirus could somehow control the weather, this was the proof. It was much too bright considering the sun was setting about twenty minutes ago. More importantly, it was too bright for shadows to set in the forest. Sirus had trapped her. Karai heard a small sound of electricity and ran up a tree, back flipping off of it as a lightning bolt hit the tree. Karai landed on the soft muddy grass and turned to look at Sirus.

“This is it, now or never.” Karai said to herself. Karai ran at Sirus, whispering to herself again. “Sirus, please, forgive me for this.” Karai drew her knife and jabbed it toward Sirus’s stomach, piercing him. Sirus bent down, a reaction to the wound. Karai pulled the knife out of his stomach and kicked Sirus in the face. Sirus stumbled back a few feet. Sirus’s shirt was already bloody, and the loss of blood should knock him out soon. She merely prayed that she had time to get him healed before he died.
Sirus caught his footing and attacked Karai again, this time with a flurry of punches. Karai dodged Sirus’s attack, getting an opportunity to punch him in the gut. What she felt surprised her, as Sirus didn’t budge, and she felt nothing bloody. Karai was stunned, not for long, but long enough for Sirus to kick her in the face. The next thing she knew, Karai was flying through the air, back into town, and into a cement wall. Karai left a body print into the wall as she fell to the mud beneath her. Karai was unconscious, barely breathing.

--------------------

“Sirus! What the hell are you doing? I just don’t get you man! First your good, then your evil, then your good, then your kicking your best friend into buildings? What the hell is going through your head?” Raviel asked in a more of a joking manner. Sirus shot a reckless lightning bolt toward Raviel, completely missing him.

“So that’s it then huh? Fine, you and me, one hour, right here. No one else has to get hurt before I kill you.” Raviel ordered before another lightning bolt shot passed him. Raviel knew he wasn’t going to get Sirus to stall the fight. This whole situation seemed a little weird. Sirus was pinpoint accurate, yet he was missing Raviel by meters. Raviel readied himself. “Fine, then lets settle this.”